Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

neonsofa wrote: »
    Oh god I remember that. She really popularised the term "forever home" and I will never forgive her for it :pac:
    And all the radio djs (Ray Darcy was particularly bad for it) saying well done to her in the interviews when she got the house.... it was very very frustrating listening to it. Whatever about "congratulations", but "well done".... for what?!
    The fact she turned down two places was barely mentioned. She didn't like the lack of security...welcome to the world of renting!

But she ended up with her forever home at 31 without having to work save and scramble for every penny....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

gmisk wrote: »
    The fact she turned down two places was barely mentioned. She didn't like the lack of security...welcome to the world of renting!

But she ended up with her forever home at 31 without having to work save and scramble for every penny....

Yeah, they were offering accommodation through HAP if I remember correctly, so she didn't want to take them because the lease would "only" offer her something like 3/5years stability.... most people would eat their arm off for a 3 year lease and the majority of their rent paid for!
    At the time I remember thinking she was an idiot turning down 3 years of subsidised rent where she could put everything she earns towards saving for a house deposit.... Jokes on me, she has a "forever home" and I'm still saving away for a deposit, for a mortgage i may never even get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Managed to cobble the money together to study at trin a tee college then somehow (going to guess its through a grant). Could be a similar degree to the connoly station resident that was bothered by the noise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭golondrinas

dvcireland wrote: »
    standing in the water for 2minutes does not constitute sea swimming

Was at the beach this morning. Gob****e wouldn’t enter the water until yer wan came along and took his photo to put up on ............whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

2smiggy wrote: »
    a simple google of da company throws up a number of 1 star reviews

i'm shocked, I thought they had to be trustworthy with a website based in Colombia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

The story has too many holes.

Why didn't she use her card in the garage? Why didn't she bring her bag with her to the school? Following a car in Dublin traffic is not easy. Plus a man loitering in a bank would stick out like a sore thumb.

Well done. Well done Detective Denartha. That was a very sophiticated and elaborate investigation. TYFYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Imagine what this shoyte will cost:

https://www.independent.ie/news/rte-stars-to-be-sent-on-covid-19-course-as-review-finds-five-safety-breaches-at-retirement-gathering-39836031.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=IN:Daily&hConversionEventId=AQEAAZQF2gAmdjQwMDAwMDE3Ni0zZTkyLTNlMTUtYWQ2NS0zNDE2M2VhYjRmOTPaACQwZDc0ZjBkYy1mNzU4LTQyYzgtMDAwMC0wMjFlZjNhMGJjYzTaACQwNzcxYzM4ZC1iZDBiLTRlODEtOWExZS1iOWEyYjI1MDE4YzkjXXlt4WEyJj044Fv6okKM1y8WVJP0f6Efy_G-_zVOkg

And that's BEFORE the contractors will submit their invoices for their time attending said course. Herr Duffy alone could "earn" €10K if it's a half day course. I love how RTE continually find ways to enrich the staff and employees through their own incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fesshole....I recommend it big time

I love that account. I haven't looked at it for 2 weeks. It'll pass an hour later.
    is Ger Smith a future what Joe Duffy was to Uncle Gaybo?

That'd be Eoghann McDermott.

sligojoek wrote: »
    That'd be Eoghann Woke McDermott.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Oh god I remember that. She really popularised the term "forever home" and I will never forgive her for it :pac:
    And all the radio djs (Ray Darcy was particularly bad for it) saying well done to her in the interviews when she got the house.... it was very very frustrating listening to it. Whatever about "congratulations", but "well done".... for what?!

Can recall Vincent Browne was being one of her patrons, sympathising with her on his tv show after others called her out on her bs on twitter

The documentary showed that she had her own car, dog and was wearing designer glasess, describing her hotel as a "posh prison" after being on the housing list for 8 years

Worse thing is, she was being congratulated for doing nothing apart from barefaced lieing (as in that article), complaining and doing nothing to help herself

She then later wanted to force TCD to accept her on a course and was on twitter wanting Dublin City Council to pay for some minor home repairs - as if her human rights had been violated

She is a terrible example to her child, as she is nothing but a child herself, and a scammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Managed to cobble the money together to study at trin a tee college then somehow (going to guess its through a grant). Could be a similar degree to the connoly station resident that was bothered by the noise

I don't think they gave her a forever home. I think it was more a " Shut the f**k up home.. He who shouts the loudest etc. Is she yet another with a walk away Daddy. They should be made to provide. Then again that might put them all over the everything free limit.

Can recall Vincent Browne was being one of her patrons, sympathising with her on his tv show after others called her out on her bs on twitter

The documentary showed that she had her own car, dog and was wearing designer glasess, describing her hotel as a "posh prison" after being on the housing list for 8 years

Worse thing is, she was being congratulated for doing nothing apart from barefaced lieing (as in that article), complaining and doing nothing to help herself

She then later wanted to force TCD to accept her on a course and was on twitter wanting Dublin City Council to pay for some minor home repairs - as if her human rights had been violated

She is a terrible example to her child, as she is nothing but a child herself, and a scammer

Initially on that TV show, I thought she wanted to help herself, because she had a part time job, so I was kind of championing her initially and hoped she got sorted. Im a young single parent myself so i know how hard it is. But by sorted, I meant something like HAP while saving her earnings for a mortgage deposit.... not a house handed to her!

But then while watching the show I did find it weird that her parents took in her dogs (they couldn't stay in the hotel).....but not her and her daughter...?

Then the interviews came and her lies started piling up and I saw her for what she really was.

With the trinity thing, I think she was accepted on an access course, but didn't qualify for back to education allowance at the time, because she was receiving a payment (new jobseekers transition payment as far as I remember) that didn't qualify for back to education, at that time. She had been claiming family income supplement before that while working, and then she gave up her job to study, not realising that she wouldn't qualify for back to ed, based on whatever payment she changed over to, so she kicked up a fuss and they actually ammended/backtracked the (admittedly new) guidelines, which conveniently allowed her to study while on that payment.

At the time I was working full time and studying part time (paid for by my wage), so it struck a nerve when people were congratulating her for having it all handed to her, which is why I remember the specifics... not some obsessed stalker :pac: (just a bitter betty!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Initially on that TV show, I thought she wanted to help herself, because she had a part time job, so I was kind of championing her initially and hoped she got sorted. Im a young single parent myself so i know how hard it is. But by sorted, I meant something like HAP while saving her earnings for a mortgage deposit.... not a house handed to her!

But then while watching the show I did find it weird that her parents took in her dogs (they couldn't stay in the hotel).....but not her and her daughter...?

Then the interviews came and her lies started piling up and I saw her for what she really was.

With the trinity thing, I think she was accepted on an access course, but didn't qualify for back to education allowance at the time, because she was receiving a payment (new jobseekers transition payment as far as I remember) that didn't qualify for back to education, at that time. She had been claiming family income supplement before that while working, and then she gave up her job to study, not realising that she wouldn't qualify for back to ed, based on whatever payment she changed over to, so she kicked up a fuss and they actually ammended/backtracked the (admittedly new) guidelines, which conveniently allowed her to study while on that payment.

At the time I was working full time and studying part time (paid for by my wage), so it struck a nerve when people were congratulating her for having it all handed to her, which is why I remember the specifics... not some obsessed stalker :pac: (just a bitter betty!)

That’s correct, and her parents seemed like reasonable people, it wasn’t like she was thrown out out her family home or anything

That documentary really backfired on its makers

Unbelievable, she wouldn’t contribute to her own course, she has no responsibility, no doubt if they fault her she will sue or something

Good luck in the future neonsofa, hope it works out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

She did the course in Trinity and when given the house stated it was he 'forever home'. She made it clear that she has no intention of ever attempting to save money from a job she gets from her Trinity qualification, to pay a deposit to buy her own home.

But then why would she save for a deposit. Let the taxpayer subsidise her house. It means she has more disposable income to pay for the luxuries in her life.

She knows how to work the system and leach it for all it's worth.

KevRossi wrote: »
    She did the course in Trinity and when given the house stated it was he 'forever home'. She made it clear that she has no intention of ever attempting to save money from a job she gets from her Trinity qualification, to pay a deposit to buy her own home.

But then why would she save for a deposit. Let the taxpayer subsidise her house. It means she has more disposable income to pay for the luxuries in her life.

She knows how to work the system and leach it for all it's worth

A woman after Herr Duffy's heart so to speak...............

That’s correct, and her parents seemed like reasonable people, it wasn’t like she was thrown out out her family home or anything

That documentary really backfired on its makers

Unbelievable, she wouldn’t contribute to her own course, she has no responsibility, no doubt if they fault her she will sue or something

Good luck in the future neonsofa, hope it works out for you

Yeah they seemed like decent people.

Thanks so much! Same to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

V Day.. Vaccine day.

Voices of Covid sufferers. Irish medic administers vaccine

Nordridden Ireland.

Clip of Margaret scam from yesterday.

Washerrands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) the Covid survivors
    2) who is first to get vaccine
    3) scammed lady from yesterday
    4) more than likely some fluffy piece about someone who turned down a free gaff to boost their followers on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- It's V-Day today (vaccine day) . Expect calls from the Yew Kay
    - Ireland's announcements who gets the vaccine first
    - Scams from yesterday. A woman followed, who has money in her bag, is now a (sophisticated) scam ?!?

sligojoek wrote: »
    V Day.. Vaccine day.

Voices of Covid sufferers. Irish medic administers vaccine

Nordridden Ireland.

Clip of Margaret scam from yesterday.

Washerrands.
    Norn iron says No to vaccine

• Advertisement

Here's what's promised on twodaze show, along wit some tings dat will defini-EYE-telly be on twodaze show:
    • Stupid puns
    • The host laughing like a loon at things that aren't remotely funny
    • Appalling grammar and diction
    • Mispronunciations
    • Rudeness
    • V Day. V for Vaccine Day. We've been contacted by Vices you've heard dis year
    • Irish medics and medics of Irish extraction so to speak
    • Our friends in Nordren Ireland - expect lots of WHOYs twoday
    • Old peeple getting it furst and dat
    • Lots of scams coming up to Christmas
    • Clip of a Howiya was scammed -sounded like she was robbed tbh

Not sure if I'll be in twoday so to speak.

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2020/1208/1183039-chuck-yeager/

Chuck Yeager, first pilot to break sound barrier, dies aged 97

Joe: still had so much to give at that age

That song "Dark Long Enough" is very offensive to People of Colour so to speak. I want it cancelled.
    #woke

A young beauriful boy so to speak

Always glad to hear of great pilots dying of old age in their beds rather than a stupid accident. My old instructor died aged 102, had a new girlfriend and all.

Here's what's promised on twodaze show, along wit some tings dat will defini-EYE-telly be on twodaze show:
    • Stupid puns
    • The host laughing like a loon at things that aren't remotely funny
    • Appalling grammar and diction
    • Mispronunciations
    • Rudeness
    • V Day. V for Vaccine Day. We've been contacted by Vices you've heard dis year
    • Irish medics and medics of Irish extraction so to speak
    • Our friends in Nordren Ireland - expect lots of WHOYs twoday
    • RTE peeple getting it furst and dat
    • Lots of scams coming up to Christmas
    • Clip of a Howiya was scammed -sounded like she was robbed tbh

Not sure if I'll be in twoday so to speak.

FYP

Norn iron says No to vaccine

Someone will find a way to introduce "flegs" into the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RIP, he had a computer game released in early 90's, the planes were proper fookers to fly, no floy by wire back then so to speak.

chuck-yeagers-air-combat_3.gif

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God Donnelly on the news now, I don't think I've ever disliked a politician more than Donnelly and I can't stand that weasle Howlin so for me that is something. He's a slithery, slimey scammer imho, can only hope when we get an election people see through him and he's out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I don't think Chuck had much time for boolchit artists.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

1) the Covid survivors
    2) who is first to get vaccine
    3) scammed lady from yesterday
    4) more than likely some fluffy piece about someone who turned down a free gaff to boost their followers on twitter

Chances of Gold today seem very, very slim.

Think I'll take a half day and put up the tree.

Before you ask - its green

pc7 wrote: »
    God Donnelly on the news now, I don't think I've ever disliked a politician more than Donnelly and I can't stand that weasle Howlin so for me that is something. He's a slithery, slimey scammer imho, can only hope when we get an election people see through him and he's out.

He's certainly proved himself to be all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Always glad to hear of great pilots dying of old age in their beds rather than a stupid accident. My old instructor died aged 102, had a new girlfriend and all.

‘Twas the new girlfriend that probably caused his demise !;)

BPKS wrote: »
    Chances of Gold today seem very, very slim.

Think I'll take a half day and put up the tree.

Before you ask - its green

Wat colour are de baubles and de loights?

Nothing like digging up some gloomy chit, eh Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone for de last of de troubles bukes...

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Horrific, horrific.
    He can't help himself

It took oh a good 5 seconds before he mentioned the troubles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

A death to start with......no surprise there?

Eighty-eight. A mere stripling.

• Advertisement

Bringing de good news to graveyards.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    ‘Twas the new girlfriend that probably caused his demise !;)
    bceddc2a4d595d2fc91a4f413c44cef1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭shearforce

88, only a whippersnapper

Visits the mothers grave every day?

Er... it's not Joe he needs to talk to, its a bereavement councillor.

hands up if you actually hug your siblings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Anyone for de last of de troubles bukes...

Doktor Josef has more pressing matters today. The big roll out of the big 'V' sotospeak.

There's something seriously wrong with this man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

He walks up to the graveyard every day to visit his mother's grave, leave flowers and talk to her about the events of the day.

I'd say he's single.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

This is dreadful shyte, even by Duffy’s standards.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    There's something seriously wrong with this man.

And the caller as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement