Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

CSI Drumcondra caller. He mentioned Fagans.
    CSI Ballymun..he mentioned Glasnevin

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She shredded an envelope of money....it was BOIs fault right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only Herr Duffy could make "mutilated" sound like it's actually 6 wurds, not 1.

I love Oceans 11 and 13. But 12 is pure sh1te.

Ah here, 13 is fairly shoyte too.

How thin does he think a fecking child's hand is?!

Only Herr Duffy could make "mutilated" sound like it's actually 6 wurds, not 1.

And need to write it down because he doesn't be good at remembering de long wurds so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Kids shouldn't be let next or near a shredder.

Mena Mitty wrote: »

Or huge sums of cash.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    as a toddler i threw a significant amount of money down the jacks

gmisk wrote: »
    How thin does he think a fecking child's hand is?!

new buke project:
    De Childers Dat Did Have Dare Hands Mute Til Late Ted In De Shredder and dat so to speak"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Well in fairness they are hardly likely to track people who just left the pet shop now are they.

Have you seen the price of dogs since the lockdown.

Have you seen the price of dogs since the lockdown.
    True...but you can't buy dogs in a pet shop here caller

And need to write it down because he doesn't be good at remembering de long wurds so to speak.

He should try learning Finnish or Hungarian

dvcireland wrote: »

My godson threw his mother's Tag Heuer watch into the bin. The parents searched high and low for it for days and couldn't find it, eventually they did by going through the bins so to speak. He admitted it he put it somewhere but simply refused to tell them where that was. What a little "rascal" he was.....:rolleyes:

He should try learning Finnish or Hungarian

He hasn't mastered English yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Just in the door. Shopping = done. No haircuts going for love or money tho. Did I miss anything today? Crippling fear I'll miss the gold we are due

Ah here, 13 is fairly shoyte too.

Try watching Fargo - the series, now there’s quality. Actually anything by the Cohen Brothers.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Just in the door. Shopping = done. No haircuts going for love or money tho. Did I miss anything today? Crippling fear I'll miss the gold we are due
    The robbery/slug story was gold imo.
    Just listen back to that one, rest was a borefest.

I have mine booked for just before Christmas...literally just a couple of spaces in my local barber!

True...but you can't buy dogs in a pet shop here caller

A bit of poetic licence so to speak. I used to feel sorry for the pups in the pet shop window in a Spanish shopping centre. Closed now I’m glad to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

A bit of poetic licence so to speak. I used to feel sorry for the pups in the pet shop window in a Spanish shopping centre. Closed now I’m glad to say.

Hiw much was the doggie in da window so to speak

Hiw much was the doggie in da window so to speak

I saw a doggie in a window in a shop in Los Christianos, Tenerife.. it was a Springer Spaniel belonging to de painter who was decorating de premises inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

In olden days they'd send you down the sewers to retrieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Missed todays "show" anything worth listening back on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

who are these artists ?

Mr Duffy is an Artiste and takes full advantage of the tax exemptions afforded to this elevated state.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

buried wrote: »
    "Wow goys I'm being robbed, I must totes post this to my insta"

Ivan sounded like Kelly Annes brother from the non dancing wedding drama the other. Or maybe he was the fairly rich Neil's best man who was withdrawing some cash to pony up for some supplies for the non dancing wedding of the year.

Listening back on player the last few days and they are now including the ads. Never did before and wondering why the change? Sort of alright with me as there are often comments on the ads on here. No sign of Jimmy from Wiltshire Farms though.

• Advertisement

Clon63 wrote: »
    Ivan sounded like Kelly Annes brother from the non dancing wedding drama the other. Or maybe he was the fairly rich Neil's best man who was withdrawing some cash to pony up for some supplies for the non dancing wedding of the year.

Listening back on player the last few days and they are now including the ads. Never did before and wondering why the change? Sort of alright with me as there are often comments on the ads on here. No sign of Jimmy from Wiltshire Farms though.

Jimmy from Wiltshire Farm Foods went to deliver a few breasts & thighs to Mary from Clontarf and has never been seen since.

Tomorrow on Liveline:

Joe speaks to Demba Ba live from an Irish bar in Paris.

"..and whoy did you walk off the pitch.. so to speak..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Yeah, a simple lack of access to dental care can have effects more profound than I ever imagined, though I had heard of a young relative in California who died from sepsis after untreated wisdom tooth infection. It happens occasionally, to the otherwise fairly healthy ordinary person.

The actor Andy Hallett also died of a similar infection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Clon63 wrote: »
    No sign of Jimmy from Wiltshire Farms though.

The penny may have dropped with the ad agency that Jimmy is widely regarded and reported as being more a Pat Mustard type than anything else. Sausages instead of milk.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think slug lady got a crossed line. She had intended ringing Graham Norton to sit on his story chair but ended up getting connected to Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Bank of Ireland on College Green had a small museum in the old House of Lords chamber with a story about a woman whose life savings (a £1,000 note, back when that could buy you a large farm) disappeared from her press. A bank employee went to her house and found that a mouse had taken the note and chewed it up for its nest. But there was enough left that they could reconstruct the serial number and reissue the note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- back to da slugs and their expensive Christmas meal (apparently)
    - Mary Ellen cooked money, Whoy
    - a woman cannot a tailored suit, WHOY WHOY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Kathleen from yesterday. The slugs of Ireland had an expensive meal. Obligatory clip from yesterday.

Mary Ellen roasted money in an oven.

No maid to measure tailored suits for women. I predict a lesbian angle on this one.

Oh holy god ronan!

Bag stolen yesterday- secret section of handbags. Would slugs even eat bank notes? Central bank in Joe's crosshairs for some reason.

Opportunity for Louis Copeland to offer a lady a free suit? My spider sense is tingling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Potential GOLD warning for dat suit stuff !

Attention-seeker ringing in is just what's needed

Possibly on twodaze show:
    • Oh Holy God Ronan said Kathleen
    • Herr Duffy making an absolute bollocks of explaining a simple story - as usual
    • Herr Duffy doing his Nordie accent again when he says "fiddy"
    • Woman roasts money
    • Woman goes into a male tailors to get a tin a fruit for her wedding (I bet to another lady, not that there's anything wrong wit dat so to speak) but was told we don't do tins a fruit for your sort so to speak because we're not #woke and dat - ok, that wasn't what was said but we all know it's coming.......

Defin-EYE-telly on twodaze show:
    • Stupid puns
    • Faux sympathy and concern from the host
    • A load of auld guff
    • At least one death
    • Silly giggling from de host

So to speak estimate:
    I'm going with >5 twoday.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Potential GOLD warning for dat suit stuff !

Attention-seeker ringing in is just what's needed

Strongly suspect Louis has already been contacted and lined up to swing in with an offer.

Possibly on twodaze show:
    • Woman goes into a male tailors to get a tin a fruit for her wedding (I bet to another lady, not that there's anything wrong wit dat so to speak) but was told we don't do tins a fruit for your sort so to speak because we're not #woke and dat - ok, that wasn't what was said but we all know it's coming.......

It's ALMOST like male and female bodies are different so to speak. :rolleyes:

Oh holy god ronan!

Bag stolen yesterday- secret section of handbags. Would slugs even eat bank notes? Central bank in Joe's crosshairs for some reason.

Opportunity for Louis Copeland to offer a lady a free suit? My spider sense is tingling.
    Me and my husband got our suits in louis copeland they were absolutely lovely tbh.
    I wouldn't begrudge them a bit of publicity there business must have collapsed.

I'm intrigued by the woman putting money in the oven...whoyyyy.
    I do think we should have more of those plastic notes they have them in other countries, even in norn ireland so to speak. Slugs wouldn't be into them.

Strongly suspect Louis has already been contacted and lined up to swing in with an offer.

I'd say Louis is the tailor somehow............

• Advertisement

Me and my husband got our suits in louis copeland they were absolutely lovely tbh.

I do think we should have more of those plastic notes they have them in other countries, even in norn ireland so to speak. Slugs wouldn't be into them.

Yeah, but ye're both men.....

I sense this story will have a whiff of Jessica Yaniv about it.

A male tailor is exactly that, a tailor for males. WHOY should he be forced to make a suit for a female?!!!!!

Oh holy god ronan!

He wants them to purchase the remains "art" for €950, or ideally €3,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

It's ALMOST like male and female bodies are different so to speak. :rolleyes:

Not uncommon for upmarket hairdressers not to do men’s hair

In fact, most don’t

Any chance, the tailor did not have any experience tailoring a woman and didn’t want to charge her for a bad job? .... most probably

I was only looking thru some left over HKD notes I found in a press a few days ago, I cudnt tear them if i wanted to! Incredibly durable even tho it feels like monopoly money.

I dont mind the publicity for business either especially when it's like the man with van bringing the present to Scotland or a plumber helping someone out or something, just would be a fraction more cynical when the business was name checked just last week on the show and it also has existing relationships with RTE and its staff. It's small potatoes on its own but given the stunts other hosts pull it's part of a bigger picture in my opinion.

Having said that as pointed out we dont know who is involved yet

I'd say Louis is the tailor somehow............

It's possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Would Duffy go after Louis though ?

Unlikely, unless there's some sympathetic angle or a Christmas miracle involving a suit gratis (poorly tailored for a woman) and other goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'flush with cash' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

McDermotX wrote: »
    Would Duffy go after Louis though ?

Unlikely, unless there's some sympathetic angle or a Christmas miracle involving a suit gratis (poorly tailored for a woman) and other goodies.
    I would guess Louis round, de corner der on capel streeh, is being lined up as a de hero Joe.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Kathleen from yesterday. The slugs of Ireland had an expensive meal. Obligatory clip from yesterday.

Mary Ellen roasted money in an oven.

No maid to measure tailored suits for women. I predict a lesbian angle on this one.

The suit stuff could be GOLD.

I'm going to guess that Louis Copeland only have male tailors for their made to measure suits. In that situation it seems perfectly reasonable that they would refuse to measure a female with lady bits because she would have to be in her underwear with one of the men folk.

I expect at least one "I'm out raged Joe".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

In what circumstances could money end up in an oven?!?!

I’m intrigued.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement