If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Pro Addon C5

Options
  • 25-11-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering would you recommend the Audio Pro Addon C5 for bedroom listening? 

Currently looking for a wireless speaker option where I can wake up, grab my phone and start some music playing over Spotify Connect as I get ready and grab a shower.

Mildly concerned it's overkill so I was also looking at the Audio Pro A10 which unfortunately I don't believe you carry anymore? No interest in buying into the Sonos ecosystem but if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears.

The room itself is roughly 3.6m x 3.1m x 2.3m with an attached ensuite, if that helps. Probably doesn't need to be massively powerful in this case but just want something that sounds good at volumes over that of running water and won't have me looking over at it with a frown as it does so.

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gizmo wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Just wondering would you recommend the Audio Pro Addon C5 for bedroom listening? 

Currently looking for a wireless speaker option where I can wake up, grab my phone and start some music playing over Spotify Connect as I get ready and grab a shower.

Mildly concerned it's overkill so I was also looking at the Audio Pro A10 which unfortunately I don't believe you carry anymore? No interest in buying into the Sonos ecosystem but if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears.

The room itself is roughly 3.6m x 3.1m x 2.3m with an attached ensuite, if that helps. Probably doesn't need to be massively powerful in this case but just want something that sounds good at volumes over that of running water and won't have me looking over at it with a frown as it does so.

Cheers!
    Hey Gizmo.

Thanks for the post.

The Audio Pro Addon units sound great :)

The C5 is currently priced at £199. We have very little movement on these but could squeeze it down to £189.00.

We no longer carry the A10 unfortunately.

You could maybe also check out the JBL Xtreme 2 priced art £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203726-jbl-xtreme-2-bluetooth-speaker.aspx

Or the Audio Pro Addon T3 priced at £140
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204921-audio-pro-t3-plus-black-portable-bluetooth-speaker.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Thanks for the reply, Kenny.

No concern it'd be excessive for something that'd be sitting indefinitely on a nightstand?

I had looked at the T3 too alright but the lack of WiFi is a killer for me unfortunately, trying to stay away from Bluetooth for this one.

Thanks for the reply, Kenny.

No concern it'd be excessive for something that'd be sitting indefinitely on a nightstand?

I had looked at the T3 too alright but the lack of WiFi is a killer for me unfortunately, trying to stay away from Bluetooth for this one.
    Hi Gizmo.

The Sonos and Yamaha MusicCast ranges are very popular and tend to be what most people go for.
    Also Hoes puts up a very good fight.

MusicCast 20 priced at £169
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203532-yamaha-musiccast-20-black-voice-activated-smart-speaker.aspx

Heos Home 150 priced at £199
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204525-denon-home-150-black-wireless-music-system.aspx

Sonos One (Gen 2) priced at £199
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203862-sonos-one-gen-2-black-inc-6-year-g-te-voice-activated-smart-speaker.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Thanks for all the info Kenny, lots to read up on. 

It'll likely be a Christmas present one way or another so hopefully return to this soon!

Thanks for all the info Kenny, lots to read up on. 

It'll likely be a Christmas present one way or another so hopefully return to this soon!
    No problem at all Gizmo.

Just drop me a post or PM when your ready.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.