Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Base pizza the worst pizza in the country ???

Options
  • 25-11-2020 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

Very expensive
    No toppings
    A serious lack of tomato sauce
    Cheese is non existent
    Either over cooked or under cooked

Been there a few times, it’s just a dry flavourless nothing pizza. Awful !!!
    It makes dominos look like a work of art

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Been there a few times
    I doubt they are the worst so. I imagine people have been in places they would never dream of going to again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

No they're not. In fact any time I've had them I've really enjoyed them. You can't really compare them to Dominos, they're completely different. There are some seriously good pizzas to be had nowadays and Base may not be top of the list but they're definitely not at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

They're too oily for me. Worst in the country? Not sure. I haven't tried all the pizzas in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've never had a bad one. They are expensive, yes.

Some people just don't like Neapolitan-style pizza because they're sparsely topped by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have had Base a couple of times and agree its perfectly fine though I think Sano in Temple Bar does neapoliitan pizza better than them . Base is definitely expensive though, large pizzas are almost 20 euro and thats to take away whereas in Sano you can sit in and have a huge feed for about 12 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I got one pizza that was half cooked, had to put it in the oven for 15 minutes, another pizza was basically a box of coal....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have had Base a couple of times and agree its perfectly fine though I think Sano in Temple Bar does neapoliitan pizza better than them . Base is definitely expensive though, large pizzas are almost 20 euro and thats to take away whereas in Sano you can sit in and have a huge feed for about 12 euro.

Agree about Sano. Great value prices to sit in and eat compared to some of the take away prices elsewhere and i think the pizzas are top notch.

Kids love the place as well

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I now want pizza, damn you all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

o1s1n wrote: »
    I now want pizza, damn you all! :pac:

Me too! And I watched Donal Skeehan making pizza earlier and it looked lush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I once had a deep fried pizza at 3am in Carlow years ago. It still gives me nightmares..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

Carlow open at 3am har har. Kitchen confidential disclosure ugh

Advertisement