Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a 4k monitor please

Options
  • 25-11-2020 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

I’m on the lookout for a 4k monitor size 28”-32”.

Any recommendations or good bargains about?

Budget = 200-300 €

I'll be using with a new M1 Mac Mini and it'll be getting 12+ hours/day use for email/PowerPoint/writing/Zoom etc. No huge content creation (YouTube etc) and no photo/video editing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

This one has good reviews in the "budget" section. Here's a review. I think the price dipped under 200 stg a couple of months ago, so keep an eye on it come BlackFriday/CyberMonday.

If you search on YT, make sure you watch videos about the TN panel, which this one is using.

For a slightly bigger budget, this would be great for a Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Both of those are 27/28" ... would you not go for a 32"?

Also the Dell is 2K (as opposed to 4K) ... why is this better?

Apologies for the dumb questions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Also the Dell is 2K (as opposed to 4K) ... why is this better?

Sorry, meant to recommend this Dell. I thought I found a cheaper price on Amazon, but it was the wrong model.

This one has USB-C connectivity, which works well with Macs, particularly MacBooks: just one cable and the monitor acts as your docking station.

Advertisement