Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents of no commercial value

Options
  • 25-11-2020 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

I'm filling out details on ups and there is a small box to tick that says

Documents of no commercial value

What does this mean please?

Does it mean there's an invoice inside.

It's parcel for private use from one residential address to another residential address. From family to family.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It is asking if the contents are papers with no value, or if there is items in it that have a value.

• You tick it if you are only posting documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭beachhead

House deeds are valuable.Bearer bonds same.Confidential information i.e. financial details of individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

Do I need to provide a phone number when sending with ups. Phone number of recipient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

Thanks for the replies for explaining what that was above. I won't be ticking that box.

• Advertisement

• Do I need to provide a phone number when sending with ups. Phone number of recipient.

Yes, though I've sometimes put in my number before for both sender and recipient.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Thanks for the replies for explaining what that was above. I won't be ticking that box.

You are not being asked to rate the value of the contents.

It is a protective measure to deter "opportunists" from "mis delivering" the package

Advertisement