Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexpected €300 Deposit Being Demanded

Options
  • 25-11-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have been an Electric Ireland customer for a number of years. I recently moved address but like in my previous address, I am the account holder. I missed a payment and got a letter saying after a review of my account a €300 deposit is required immediately. 
    I went to pay the bill and it took for the full amount of €450 (including this "deposit"). 
    I now am low in funds and want to know on what grounds this was added out of the blue and if it will be refunded.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

The €300 was probably a computer generated bill. I got one when I moved and I was on direct debit. However a short phone call later and I was told that it would be cancelled; which it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Daly29 wrote: »
    I have been an Electric Ireland customer for a number of years. I recently moved address but like in my previous address, I am the account holder. I missed a payment and got a letter saying after a review of my account a €300 deposit is required immediately. 
    I went to pay the bill and it took for the full amount of €450 (including this "deposit"). 
    I now am low in funds and want to know on what grounds this was added out of the blue and if it will be refunded.
    Hi there,

We will look into this ASAP - just private message me the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number on the account, and state in the message (for GDPR/Data Protection) that you are the account-holder.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Thank you, I rang up and it was refunded. I'll call off the cavalry :-) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know! :)

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement