Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the premium version of Linkedin (30euro p/month)worth it for job hunters ?

• 25-11-2020 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

From those who actually subscribed to the 30e per month, (very expensive ) was it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

I got a free 6-month trial when I was laid off, LinkedIn staff were offering 6 to anyone who messaged them at the time. Maybe reach out to someone in LinkedIn and see if they’re still doing this? I know you can sign up for 1 month free anyway, just make sure you cancel it before you get charged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Howard Shapely Barrel

I don't really think it's worth it no, I've had premium in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just signed up for a FREE month - I have no intention off paying. They recommended Premium Business plan to me but on the order I noticed it said -  "You may be required to account for VAT under the reverse charge procedure according to the local VAT rules in your country."

Will I be expected to pay the VAT on a FREE month trial? Not happy one bit if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

I got it free due to a promotion that they were doing but I had to provide credit card details first. It wasn't worth it.They also automatically charged me for a year when the free offer period expired.They didn't send any emails or notifications to notify me that I would be charged. Because I live in the Netherlands, I was able to get a refund. The law there says that they have to do it once I asked for the refund within two weeks of the subscription starting. I noticed in other countries a lot of people got stung this way so be careful.

As for Linkedin in General, I think it might be a necessary evil but I personally can't stand it. There is a lot of borderline grifters on it imo.

Advertisement