Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahoo KICKR V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

All direct drive turbo's back in stock on Wahoo from today. Get 'em while you can.

Includes one year subscription to Sufferfest app.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So tempted...nothing wrong with my current wheel on smart turbo...but so tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭gn3dr

So tempted...nothing wrong with my current wheel on smart turbo...but so tempted

I bought a Kickr Core a few weeks back after a lot of deliberation struggling a bit with the price of it. But I have to say it has surpassed my expectations. I have been out on it a lot more than I would ever have been out on the wheel-on (which I didn't ever really enjoy)
    Using the app also (I'm trying out Sufferfest for the first time) makes me push myself more also rather than just drifting off into a comfortable pace.

It's just a pity I missed out on the years subscription to the Sufferfest. That would have really taken a bit of the sting out of the purchase price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I've a KICKR V5 in the post, no idea if I get the year or not. Is there a way to check? on the 14 day trial at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

I've a KICKR V5 in the post, no idea if I get the year or not. Is there a way to check? on the 14 day trial at the minute.

Email Wahoo. They've great service and can confirm.

I've tried all of the usual turbo apps. Sufferfest is the best for me personally. Seems more immersive and the plans with strength and yoga add a good mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

What's Wahoo like for spares/ service?

My Cyclops/ Saris Hammer hasn't really let me down, but the the belt snapped (which can happen to any of them). Parts are not readily available, and their "EU" supplier is in the UK. Replacement on the way, but was a bit more faff than I'd like to get the official one (it was easier to get a generic one from the US on Amazon, only that turned out to be buy cheap buy twice). Kind of has me leaning towards EU manufactuers if/ when the time comes, so Tacx (albeit Garmin owned) or Elite when replacement time comes!

Advertisement