Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Quay/Scotch Quay Waterford safe?

Options
  • 26-11-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I am wondering if these areas are safe to live in ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

There's a big barrier by the river and all the coke and hookers you could ever need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kinnie

Thanks for the quick response. Which barrier are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

kinnie wrote: »
    Hi I am wondering if these areas are safe to live in ?
    Short answer, Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It's been a while since I lived in Scotch Quay, but I suspect it's not all that different these days. It was grand, even though the apartment was broken into once. The general area can be a little sketchy after dark, particularly William St from the bridge up to the park, but it's not dangerous as such.

Other than that, the usual streetwise precautions apply as always: don't walk around there alone if you're any way vulnerable (if you stand out in any way, you've been drinking, you're a woman, or any combination of these). Get a taxi or a lift to the door. Let the Gardaí take care of any dodgy situation you see on the street, or any noisy party that's keeping you awake.

There are nicer areas, but bad sh1t can and does happen anywhere, so don't be put off unnecessarily.

Advertisement