Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deli open Christmas morning

• 26-11-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone know of any shop/deli that might be open selling hot breakfast food on Christmas morning?
    We usually do a big family breakfast and it’s our turn this year but I’ve a toddler and a baby and I just can’t face cooking it for unspecified number of adults so would love if I could just pick up loads of cooked sausages, rashers, pudding etc and just make the toast :-)
    Anyone any ideas ?

Edited post so as to be Covid compliant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

shreko wrote: »
    Anyone know of any shop/deli that might be open selling hot breakfast food on Christmas morning?
    We usually do a big family breakfast and it’s our turn this year but I’ve a toddler and a baby and I just can’t face cooking it for 8 adults so would love if I could just pick up loads of cooked sausages, rashers, pudding etc and just make the toast :-)
    Anyone any ideas ?
    Most places that are open don't open till after 10 and don't do hot food. It's quite easy to do a One tray baked fry that's fire and forget.
    https://donalskehan.com/recipes/one-tray-artisan-full-irish/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

DayToday on Henry street. Open 24hours, 366 days this year.

DayToday on Henry street. Open 24hours, 366 days this year.

I've been refused pork products there before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Would one of the adults not help you, or mind the children?

Not sure how I’d feel about having a traditional, annual, Xmas breakfast, and getting dried up muck from a hot counter down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Given the tough times we're all having, I don't think advertising the fact that you'll be having a "big family breakfast" is entirely appropriate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

We always go for a light and healthy breakfast Christmas morning as we're going to be grazing and gorging for the rest of the day.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They didn't ask for opinions folks. If you're not helping, don't post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

What about Barrons Mace raheen?

As said before a lot of places may not be open and those that are may not have a deli on as trade may not be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

What about Barrons Mace raheen?

As said before a lot of places may not be open and those that are may not have a deli on as trade may not be expected

That happened with Gleesons in Castletroy last year. Got food there two years ago Christmas morning, last year the deli was closed come Christmas morning and you also had the lads that trashed the place. So I doubt he'll open the deli again for Christmas this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Op have you called anyplace to ask them, I don't think anyone here would be able to confirm who will be open and who will have a hot food counter.

Probably best to hit a search engine, grab a few phone numbers and start calling around. It's the only way you'll get accurate information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

Get your partner to put all the sausages and rashers and pudding and tomatoes on baking trays the night before. Keep it in the fridge. Shove on the oven about 30 minutes before people are due to arrive and put the food in the oven.

Get some small dishes, put oil in them and break an egg into each. Shove these into the oven for about 15 minutes - you have your fried eggs without any of the hassle.

You can also get roll out danish pastries, that take about 7 minutes to get into the oven: Open the cinnamon rolls, cut into six slices and they are ready to rock and roll. Roll out the croissants - and spread some Cadbury's chocolate spread on them or nutella if you don't have people with nut allergies - then roll them up and bake them. Gorgeous chocolate croissants.

Truthfully, you could get everything done freshly in the time it would take you to get to a deli in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Bicyclette wrote: »
    Get your partner to put all the sausages and rashers and pudding and tomatoes on baking trays the night before. Keep it in the fridge. Shove on the oven about 30 minutes before people are due to arrive and put the food in the oven.

Get some small dishes, put oil in them and break an egg into each. Shove these into the oven for about 15 minutes - you have your fried eggs without any of the hassle.

You can also get roll out danish pastries, that take about 7 minutes to get into the oven: Open the cinnamon rolls, cut into six slices and they are ready to rock and roll. Roll out the croissants - and spread some Cadbury's chocolate spread on them or nutella if you don't have people with nut allergies - then roll them up and bake them. Gorgeous chocolate croissants.

Truthfully, you could get everything done freshly in the time it would take you to get to a deli in town.

Go way, you're making me hungry!

This post has been reported as seeking advice on contravening HSE guidelines. OP has requested information on breakfast for 8 people, and if we are at level 1 by then, it would be fine.

If not, it won't.

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/resilience-recovery-2020-2021-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

I think the OP got the information required.

48c.jpg

Reopening after a minor edit to ensure compliance with Covid restrictions. Stay safe, wear a mask, love you all. ��

With Hotels opening up next week you could ring around and see would any accommodate you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

a toddler and a baby and your family expect you to put a breakfast up in front of them

swap with someone this year and pick up again next year

Advertisement