Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens clothes shop recommendations

Options
  • 26-11-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Any recommendations for some decent men's clothes shops in Cork when things reopen? Need some smart casual type outfits for somethings coming up. Might go to Louis Copeland but not sure my budget will stretch. Ideally need sound staff who will have a good eye for these things!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

There should be quite a few to do what you want, a few that come to mind - Fitzgeralds, Tonys Menswear, Gentlemen's Quarters, Saville, Tom Murphy, Con Murphy, Red Church, there are a few on North main street also that look pretty sharp that the name escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Debenhams would always have had a good selection for menswear but that's not an option sadly. Other than there, I tend to head to Fitzgerald's (on Patrick St by Brown Thomas) and can have a check in places like Savilles, Brown Thomas, Gentlemans Quarters just incase, although with the last one in particular, I find it so cramped I can't stand standing in there for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

titan18 wrote: »
    Debenhams would always have had a good selection for menswear but that's not an option sadly. Other than there, I tend to head to Fitzgerald's (on Patrick St by Brown Thomas) and can have a check in places like Savilles, Brown Thomas, Gentlemans Quarters just incase, although with the last one in particular, I find it so cramped I can't stand standing in there for too long.

Yeah would have at least been able to get an idea of styles in Debenhams and the sizes were good. Guess part of it is I'm reluctant to go into very expensive places and drop a fortune!

Yeah would have at least been able to get an idea of styles in Debenhams and the sizes were good. Guess part of it is I'm reluctant to go into very expensive places and drop a fortune!

M&S have a pretty big menswear section where you can see whats on offer. The NMS lads were Mick Murphy's, Reflex and Leaders by the way, I doubt they are ultra pricey if you want to try that end of things

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Debenhams are still trading online https://www.debenhams.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

JohnK wrote: »

Thanks but I'd rather not given the circumstances now. Would like to try on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

If you're anywhere near Ballincollig Desmond's Menswear on the Main Street is worth a look. No affiliation whatsoever just a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

JohnK wrote: »

Off topic I know, but please don't shop online with debenhams while the workers there are still fighting for their proper redundancy...

I was a big fan of their menswear section, and do miss it, but they way their workers are being treated is just not right.

Will try spend my money in the local shops mentioned on Nth Main St this Christmas, they could do with the business, and its nice to spend in a shop with a family name over the door.

Any recommendations for some decent men's clothes shops in Cork when things reopen? Need some smart casual type outfits for somethings coming up. Might go to Louis Copeland but not sure my budget will stretch. Ideally need sound staff who will have a good eye for these things!

My brother runs Red Church menswear on Drawbridge Street which he opened just before the pandemic and would really appreciate the business. His stuff is lovely. In fact there are lots of local menswear shops mentioned above that would appreciate the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

My brother runs Red Church menswear on Drawbridge Street which he opened just before the pandemic and would really appreciate the business. His stuff is lovely. In fact there are lots of local menswear shops mentioned above that would appreciate the business.

Hi, is he open in the evenings in the run up to Christmas? As I said earlier I would love to spend my money in town, in locally owned shops. Sundays are looking like my only free day at the moment, and I'm thinking each Sunday will be mayhem... Midweek evenings between 6-8 would be great.

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    Hi, is he open in the evenings in the run up to Christmas? As I said earlier I would love to spend my money in town, in locally owned shops. Sundays are looking like my only free day at the moment, and I'm thinking each Sunday will be mayhem... Midweek evenings between 6-8 would be great.

Hi there. Yes, he'll be doing late openings which I'll post here when he has them finalised. I think they are all trying to judge how busy things are before confirming opening hours for the Christmas period.

I will probably get roped in to do a few openings for him myself as I also served my time in one of the aforementioned shops above before moving into a different field entirely.

Thanks a lot.

RINO87 wrote: »

Not to speak on their behalf but they did private shopping type sessions for weddings during the first lockdown, I would say get in touch anyway they may make time for you if not in the planned hours. That probably goes for all of the above but can say Red Church's stuff on instagram is really nice and sounds like the kind of things youre looking for

https://www.instagram.com/redchurchcork/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Been into Red Church before just bought a casual shirt, nice clobber in there and your man was sound.

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Not to speak on their behalf but they did private shopping type sessions for weddings during the first lockdown, I would say get in touch anyway they may make time for you if not in the planned hours. That probably goes for all of the above but can say Red Church's stuff on instagram is really nice and sounds like the kind of things youre looking for

https://www.instagram.com/redchurchcork/?hl=en

That's your best bet.

Advertisement