Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Dean Clinic good for treating Mental Health issues?

Options
  • 26-11-2020 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I recently took out VHI health insurance as part of my employer benefits.

Included in my policy they have a partnership with the Dean Clinic for outpatient mental health assessment and mental health therapy sessions. It's only for 7 sessions and they only pay a small percentage of the costs but at least its something.

I have severe anxiety disorder and depression. I had a terrible experience getting treatment with My Mind earlier this year. It worsened my stress and anxiety levels and the thought of taking that first step again to seek help elsewhere is overwhelming, especially due to my poor experience with my last therapist.

Please if anyone could give me their honest review or opinion on Dean Clinic services in Dublin could you let me know? I am exhausted of living this way and want to get the best help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I've no experience with the dublin branch but a family member engaged with the cork one for a year and found it professional and helpful.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Im very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. In my experience you may have to try several counsellors to get a good fit.

It might depend on your policy although I think it’s universal but the VHI offer 6 free telephone sessions of one hour. I availed if it, the Ts&Cs are quite strict. It’s 6 sessions only & the counsellor isn’t allowed to take you on as a client for 6 months which you might find upsetting if you’ve built up a rapport with them.

The very best of luck. I suffer from anxiety & I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I have found counselling helpful. No counsellor can fix you as such as I’m sure you know but it can be very helpful. Keep an open mind & keep trying to get help, there are so many counsellors & services out there.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod note:
    Hi Irishuser,

I'm afraid we don't allow reviews or recommendations of medical or clinical services - we've no way of verifying that the replies you get are genuine or shilling for a particular service or company. Therefore I'll have to close this thread.

The very best of luck in your counselling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement