Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show 2020 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ryan Tubridy will be the most unwatchable human in RTE history tonight...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,085 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

4 HOURS TO GO!

tenor.gif?itemid=14738962

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Cole

Just caught him on with Maura and Daithi..."we need the Toy Show this year"..."harnessing kindness"..."kindness is contagious" etc., etc.

He seems to see this as some kind of metaphysical event that the country needs to help us understand and cope with our lives in the year that "the thing" (his term) happened. No Tubridy, it's just a f**king TV show....no more, no less.

I don't think I can even bring myself to watch for the craic at seeing such a deluded individual make a show of himself. But I suppose (young) kids will enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,492 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

.anon. wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Roald Dahl, but I wish that just once they could have a Christmas theme.

Any kiddie related thing, meh, it'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Yet possibly the most watched. With all the pubs closed, this'll get well over a million viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,902 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yet possibly the most watched. With all the pubs closed, this'll get well over a million viewers.

It got 1.5 million last year with no pandemic.

Could touch 2mill tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

My neighbour is reading Matilda by Roald Dahl with her pet rabbit at the moment. I wonder if it's a coincidence or was there an inside job with RTÉ. BOOKS!

Is it live?

Large sections of it will be recorded I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Every year I try to watch this on the RTE player and every year it craps out. What are the chances that it's actually gonna work tonight? Coz I'm not optomistic.

• Advertisement

3 HOURS TO GO!

tenor.gif?itemid=13244159

Am I the only parent who wishes that for this one night the LLS would start a bit earlier?

Maybe start it at 8?

Starting at 935 means young kids are not getting into bed until midnight nearly, and then they are tired for days after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OranBy

Can’t wait to see Ryan absolutely coked off his head, sweating and breathing heavily all night.

Anyone watching the "Singalong" showing Tubs' opening performances over the years? He held that note long in "Greatest Showman" (the show without a glimmer of Christmas when they were trying to cancel the C-word out of the season.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

He's like some later day vaguely sinister Pied Piper and we all know how that one ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Roald DAhl theme.

Hoping to see the Billie Barries' recreation of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9oQwtf4Bk

Are the billy barries still a “thing”? Have they been on the show in the last ten years even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I know The Toy Show is repeated on Saturday but why is it on so late on Friday evening? It doesn't end until 11:55pm, even for a 12 or 13 year old that's too late. Give me 1 good reason why it shouldn't start at 8pm....

Because "The Early Late Show" doesn't roll off the tongue so much?

2 HOURS TO GO!

67d033d241c66551-that-puppy-gifs-get-the-best-gif-on-giphy.gif

NIMAN wrote: »
    Am I the only parent who wishes that for this one night the LLS would start a bit earlier?

Maybe start it at 8?

Starting at 935 means young kids are not getting into bed until midnight nearly, and then they are tired for days after it.

It's not (primarily) for kids. Also, it's always been repeated on the following Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Cody montana

2 HOURS TO GO!

67d033d241c66551-that-puppy-gifs-get-the-best-gif-on-giphy.gif

I’m already drunk.
    Oh god!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,492 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe start it at 8?

*insert Helen Lovejoy meme*

It's not (primarily) for kids. Also, it's always been repeated on the following Sunday afternoon.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Will the theme once again overshadow the toys ?
    Last year was a shambles, with very few toys visible on the set.

Will the theme once again overshadow the toys ?
    Last year was a shambles, with very few toys visible on the set.

My own kids said there was too much singing and not enough toys last year.

I think there has always been too much singing, but thats the nature of the show now, they are ramping up the talent slots.
    But they definitely need more toy time, thats what the kids want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

finally a decent theme. was last year the circus? that was awful muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I think I will give it a watch only because I think this could be the death nail in his RTE career
    All Toy Shows from Gaybos time was the live audience of dressed up, drunk adults and the participation of the Billy Barry kids and strange kids demonstrating the non working toys.
    With this virtual guests and very few kids I think Tubs will be found out as the amateur he is

"Death knell"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

froog wrote: »
    finally a decent theme. was last year the circus? that was awful muck.

Last year was Frozen 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Cole wrote: »
    Just caught him on with Maura and Daithi..."we need the Toy Show this year"..."harnessing kindness"..."kindness is contagious" etc., etc.

He seems to see this as some kind of metaphysical event that the country needs to help us understand and cope with our lives in the year that "the thing" (his term) happened. No Tubridy, it's just a f**king TV show....no more, no less.

I don't think I can even bring myself to watch for the craic at seeing such a deluded individual make a show of himself. But I suppose (young) kids will enjoy it.

This is a great post

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

:confused:

It's never been a kids show. They've never even allowed them in the studio audience.

• Advertisement

It's never been a kids show. They've never even allowed them in the studio audience.

Kids up and down the country have been patiently waiting on it. And they do every year.

I know its been the talk of my kids school all week.

To say its not for kids is nonsense.

Advertisement