If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch recommendation

Options
  • 26-11-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

My TV (which I actually bought you from in 2016) just went bust, so I'm in the market for a new one. Almost like Black Friday was calling my name.

Would you be able to recommend me some of your best TVs at around 55inches? 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Hedgehod55

Just to give more context if someone from RS sees this in the morning, here are the ones I'm looking at (although open to suggestions), if you could let me know which you would think is the best option:

• Hisense 55AE7400FTUK (was also thinking of the 65 inch version but I may not have enough space)
    • LG 55NANO796NE
    • Sony KD55X7052PBU
    • Hisense 55U7QFTUK
    • SAMSUNG UE55TU8500 NEW T Series
    • LG 55UN81006LB

I mostly use it for watching Netflix/Prime and streaming, not very into gaming. At the moment I am leaning towards the 55U7QFTUK or the 55NANO796NE.

I have a Hisense at the moment and it has served me well, although the remote does lag often which is irritating. 

Any advice/suggestions welcome, I am hoping to purchase tomorrow. 
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Hisense 55U7QFTUK[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hedgehod55 wrote: »
    Just to give more context if someone from RS sees this in the morning, here are the ones I'm looking at (although open to suggestions), if you could let me know which you would think is the best option:

• Hisense 55AE7400FTUK (was also thinking of the 65 inch version but I may not have enough space)
    • LG 55NANO796NE
    • Sony KD55X7052PBU
    • Hisense 55U7QFTUK
    • SAMSUNG UE55TU8500 NEW T Series
    • LG 55UN81006LB

[*]

I mostly use it for watching Netflix/Prime and streaming, not very into gaming. At the moment I am leaning towards the 55U7QFTUK or the 55NANO796NE.

I have a Hisense at the moment and it has served me well, although the remote does lag often which is irritating. 

Any advice/suggestions welcome, I am hoping to purchase tomorrow. 
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Hisense 55U7QFTUK[/font]
    [*]
    Hi Hedgehod55.

Thanks for the post.

I would tend to favour the LG Nano Cell from the list. They have a great picture for the money.
    LG also have a good amount of apps and comes with their magic remote which works very well!

They are priced at 649 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205035-lg-55nano796ne-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-freesat-hd.aspx

Next in line would be the 55TU8500 priced at 629 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204565-samsung-ue55tu8500-new-t-series-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Stock is mega tight on this at the moment and i don't expect them to hang around.

The Hisense 55U7 is also a decent television but I would still put the LG and Samsung in front of it. 
    At the moment the Hisense has ran out of stock and we are chasing an ETA.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Hi guys,

If you could hold one of the LGs for me too please and give me a PM.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

moneyman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

If you could hold one of the LGs for me too please and give me a PM.

Thanks.
    No problem Moneyman.

Drop me you full name and address in a PM and I get get the order onto our system.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.