If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a TV

Options
  • 27-11-2020 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Hi, Can you recommend a good tv in around 500 ish. 50 and 55 inch ? Thanks very much.  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

6541 wrote: »
    Hi, Can you recommend a good tv in around 500 ish. 50 and 55 inch ? Thanks very much.  
    Hi 6541.

Thanks for the post.

You could check out the LG 50UN81006 priced at 499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204674-lg-50un81006lb-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

For a little more you could go to the LG NANO Cell the 50NANO796 priced at 519 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205036-lg-50nano796ne-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-freesat-hd.aspx

In a 55" there is the LG 55UN73006 priced at 495 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204765-lg-55un73006la-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Or the 55UN81006 priced at 559 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204663-lg-55un81006lb-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Kenny - Thanks for the reply. So this is what I think and I apologies up front as I have a few opinions that I wouldn't mind you straightening out.

From some of my research it seems like Samsung is the market leader when it comes to TV's - Is this true in your opinion ?

However I really like the look of Philips ambilight TV's. Are they a gimmick ? I have also heard that the operation system on the Philips Tv's can be painful and not compatible with a lot of apps.

Appreciate your response. 

Thanks. 

6541 wrote: »
    Kenny - Thanks for the reply. So this is what I think and I apologies up front as I have a few opinions that I wouldn't mind you straightening out.

From some of my research it seems like Samsung is the market leader when it comes to TV's - Is this true in your opinion ?

However I really like the look of Philips ambilight TV's. Are they a gimmick ? I have also heard that the operation system on the Philips Tv's can be painful and not compatible with a lot of apps.

Appreciate your response. 

Thanks. 

Hey 6541.

It's hard to say who is the market leader for TV.

The OLED of LG out sells pretty much any TV that we stock.
    Followed by the Samsung QLED range.

At the moment at lot of our Samsung LED range has ran out of stock, both the 55TU7100 and TU8500. We are chasing stock but have no confirmed ETA just yet.

The Ambi light that Philips offer is a good feature and can be switched off it not being used. The smart hub of the Philips does let it down when compared to the likes of LG, Sony, Samsung.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 arnelv

My Nano 4k UHR Tv from LG. life span 3 yrs..with sound and no display, we open check processor ( cold solder). Its out again, might have a built in fan to compensate the heat. No wonder they only have one yr warranty compared to a Sony Bravia 3-5 yrs. Bought it for 550 last Dec 2019. now its on sale for 399+..avoid this brand.

Hi Arnelv.

It sounds like perhaps you didn't purchase your TV from us here at Richersounds if you only got a 1 year warranty?

We offer our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge with 95% of our televisions so it would have been covered under our warranty.

LG TV last a lot longer than 3 years I've had one of my LG OLED TV's now for 6 years and my 2nd one now coming on a year so there is nothing wrong at all with the LG brand. You just have been unlucky with your TV going faulty unfortunately. Every product in the world will have a fail rate as nothing is 100% perfect.

If your TV was purchased from ourselves you can drop our service team an email at Service@Richersounds.ie and they can look after the repair.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.