Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Horizon 4 on two consoles in the one house

• 27-11-2020 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So I have 2 xboxes. Game pass for 3 years, and I also have Forza Horizon 4 (which is also on gamepass) purchased under my account for a number of years. My son has started playing it on one of the xboxes (using his own profile), but if I try to join from the other xbox, it kicks him off.

Now is there anyway we can both play it, is there some method of setting one console as the home console or anything like that ? or do I go buy a key for Forza 4 and apply it to his own account ?

Cheers !

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ondafly wrote: »
    Hi All,

So I have 2 xboxes. Game pass for 3 years, and I also have Forza Horizon 4 (which is also on gamepass) purchased under my account for a number of years. My son has started playing it on one of the xboxes (using his own profile), but if I try to join from the other xbox, it kicks him off.

Now is there anyway we can both play it, is there some method of setting one console as the home console or anything like that ? or do I go buy a key for Forza 4 and apply it to his own account ?

Cheers !

If it's your account that owns Forza or the game pass sub then set your son's console as your home console.

Then you will be able to play the game on your account on your console and your Son will be able to play it on his and you can play together online.

Your son will also have access to your xbox live sub, your game pass sub and your entire digital game library.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ondafly wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cheers !

Log into your account on his Xbox, then go to "Personalisation>Home Xbox" and set his Xbox as your home Xbox.

This will give him access to all your games and subscriptions. Note that when you play on your other Xbox, you'll need an internet connection to use anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

cheers Folks ! will give that a bash later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

This worked a charm ! Cheers folks

Advertisement