Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Good man Johnstone - played BB, as wanted to just move to set and forget with Mendy - so nice parting gift from Johnstone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Johnstone has been ridiculously good, especially in combo with McCarthy.
    Played SJ five times - 1,2,5,9 and 11.
    McCarthy 0,6,6,7,9 on his five outings.

Probably cursed it now that I've drawn my attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

21 from 4.

Dallas with a clean sheet and 2 bps was nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

24 (-4) from 4.

Thank you Meslier!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

20 from 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

29(-4) from 4.

Bamford and DCL letting me down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

42 (-4)

Mahrez and Jota in worked out well for me

+1m places on the back of that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

30 from 6. Pleased with that start. Dallas and Jota my main standouts. Brewster the big dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Green&Red wrote: »
    42 (-4)

Mahrez and Jota in worked out well for me

+1m places on the back of that

Well played on those two. Especially Mahrez clever pick under the radar. If James Horan makes as shrewd moves this could be Mayo's year!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I'm annoyed to be honest thought I was clever ages ago (gw4) switching to 3-5-2 so could have Brewster as sub.

Thought I would get a jump on everyone else by having more expensive mids.
    But Jayus Sterling has basically fallen off a cliff fpl points wise and real football wise since gw6-10.

And the visions I had of Brewster being a great value first sub was also a dream.
    He now is not only a 4.5 player who cannot hit a barn door - no service. He is a 4.5 player who gets 1 points from the bench.

I dread to think of the points I lost since gw4 moving to a 3-5-2. Did it for a -8 and all! Now I feel like I am stuck with the pair of them at least until gw12.

Vardy better cheer me up Monday.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

42 from 4 no hits
    KDB c
    Johnstone
    Jota
    Ricky

Great start too the weekend hopefully others deliver tomorrow also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Watched the hurling so only seeing the score now.....

One of the few who own Harrison! A very unexpected 6 points.

Makes up somewhat for the Robbo rollercoaster earlier.

Ah lads, seeing the Leeds game highlights now.

I could have had a monster haul with Harrison today.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Johnstone has been ridiculously good, especially in combo with McCarthy.
    Played SJ five times - 1,2,5,9 and 11.
    McCarthy 0,6,6,7,9 on his five outings.

Probably cursed it now that I've drawn my attention to it.

Have the same two keepers. They’re great!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

42 (-8) from 4

Good week so far. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

54 (-4) with 7 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

8 from 4. One non playing defender (Cancelo) and Taylor with 0. Not looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

11 from 2. Big day tomorrow

And the visions I had of Brewster being a great value first sub was also a dream.
    He now is not only a 4.5 player who cannot hit a barn door - no service. He is a 4.5 player who gets 1 points from the bench.

At the time, i know some folk where raving and saying it's great for FPL - 4.5m starter, but I just couldn't see it - if he was half as good as the English media where saying, Klopp would be looking to keeping him, and giving him game time in the cups - especially with all the fixtures that he moans about, or alternatively send him on loan. He had signed a 5 year deal in 2018 - so there was no risk of him leaving for free.

If you look at that U17 squad that won the WC, only really Sancho (who left after the group stages), has really made a name for himself. For all the ranting and raving around Foden - he's not starting that many games. Could only imagine the fee that would be quoted for him.

Like others have said, Sheffield United aren't going to play the type of football that would suit Brewster, so they must be paying him top dollar to have got him to sign or else he has poor advisors around him. A team like Leeds or Brighton would have suited him better I feel.

It's a pity for us in FF - as he would be a great enabler if you knew that he was going to start games and get goals, ala Greenwood last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Bit early to write off Brewster. He’s a 4.5 who’ll get chances in the team. He’s a goalscorer as shown in the championship.

Don’t form an opinion that immediately has to be reviewed if he scores in his next game would be my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

12 > 6 = 18
    Wilson > Robertson, DCL(c) > 8 to play
    25 > 12k > 25k

Horrendous day after Wilson’s heroics on Friday night. Still a tiny green arrow amazingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Anybody that watched the city game want to give a swift run through on KDB overall performance? Heard he was quiet other than two assists. Was he deep or pushed up high? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Anybody that watched the city game want to give a swift run through on KDB overall performance? Heard he was quiet other than two assists. Was he deep or pushed up high? Thanks

Watched the game, positionally very high up the pitch. This may change (but only slightly) if aguero plays over jesus. His best moment came when he made a great run towards the end and crashed a shot off the post. Would have been great for his owners.

Overall he played well without it being a vintage performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Watched the game, positionally very high up the pitch. This may change (but only slightly) if aguero plays over jesus. His best moment came when he made a great run towards the end and crashed a shot off the post. Would have been great for his owners.

Yeah oddly underwhelmed by his score. Another day he could have had 5 returns very easily.

49 from 7, that Robbo penalty hurt

Could have been high double digits, although Burnley's set up - played into their hands - they started with 3 strikers :eek: and had 2 players making their debuts (one of which was the keeper).

Aguero is still struggling with a knee injury so wouldn't be worried about him coming back soon - they'll be managing his time.

City playing United after the Fulham game causes me a little alarm, we all say Fulham are desperate, so Pep might change it up.

Bilva and Sterling played no part is yesterday's game
    Foden got 25 mins

All 3 could easily start against Fulham. When paying 11.5m+ for a player you want to be 100% sure that he's going to play, especially if your putting the armband on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Could have been high double digits, although Burnley's set up - played into their hands - they started with 3 strikers :eek: and had 2 players making their debuts (one of which was the keeper).

Aguero is still struggling with a knee injury so wouldn't be worried about him coming back soon - they'll be managing his time.

City playing United after the Fulham game causes me a little alarm, we all say Fulham are desperate, so Pep might change it up.

Bilva and Sterling played no part is yesterday's game
    Foden got 25 mins

All 3 could easily start against Fulham. When paying 11.5m+ for a player you want to be 100% sure that he's going to play, especially if your putting the armband on him.

Bernardo played 90 mins vs olympiacos in mid week. I think they need a point at Porto now to top their group so KDB likely to get rested again (stays at home) in CL and Bernardo plays on Tuesday in Portugal.

I do see Sterling starting v Fulham ahead of Torres though. Bernardo (if he ends up starting 2 games in 1 week) may replace Mahrez.

PS I think Cancelo in same shoes. Plays 90 mins in CL and is benched in PL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

21 (-4) from 3. Johnstone, Torres and DCL

I've managed to maintain my position at 200k despite having zero Liverpool or KDB... with Fernandes, James, Son and Werner in action today.

Kane the main concern today, and Rashford and Jimi personally, having sold them. But have Grealish, Coufal, Justin and Vardy (c) tomorrow

I'm feeling pretty hewt so looking forward to seeing how badly this can go in ways I can't imagine yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Southampton: McCarthy, KWP, Vestergaard, Bednarek, Bertrand, Romeu, JWP, Armstrong, Djenepo, Walcott, Adams.

Man United: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles, Fred, van de Beek, Matic, Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood.

Interesting to see how VDB gets on as 6.7M option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Interesting to see how VDB gets on as 6.7M option.

Hopefully Telles and Bruno get some attacking returns. Bruno captain so really hoping for gun ho football from Saints.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Telles and Bruno get some attacking returns. Bruno captain so really hoping for gun ho football from Saints.

Bruno Wan B and McCarthy in this!

So a 0-0 or United Bruno goal win to Nil will be my hope :)

Advertisement