If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED65GX6LA hows it going lads. wonder is this suitable for a very bright room

Options
  • 27-11-2020 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

im looking for a v neat , slim tv (65/75) to go into my mams living room, wall mounted.
    2 of the 4 walls are full length sliding glass doors. patio outside reflects even more light

i was thinking a new QLED, but like the look of the LG OLED65GX6LA

i had seen the samsung "the frame 2020" which has WAF but the panel is reviewed poorly

can u help at all please thank a million. patrick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

im looking for a v neat , slim tv (65/75) to go into my mams living room, wall mounted.
    2 of the 4 walls are full length sliding glass doors. patio outside reflects even more light

i had seen the samsung "the frame 2020" which has WAF but the panel is reviewed poorly

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

The 65GX6 is an amazing TV!

There is a little reflection from an OLED but its really only noticeable when the TV is switched off.
    In our store we have very bright light shining on them and the reflection is again minimal.

It really is hard to be the picture quality of the OLED televisions.

The Samsung QLED as also very good but the OLED's image is still better.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patrick2097

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

There is a little reflection from an OLED but its really only noticeable when the TV is switched off.
    In our store we have very bright light shining on them and the reflection is again minimal.

hi sorry for late reply - the room is bright during the day as 2 walls are full height glass. and patio reflects light. concerned that OLED wont be bright enough. 

also , is there a separate connection box with these, like the samsungs? as the LG is so tight to the wall, difficut to connect things neatly to it?

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

i had been looking at samsung ' the frame' but its not reviewed well

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Patrick2097.

The Frames are great televisions and use one of the QLED panels. I some if this in action and think they are very nice indeed.
    It has taken some flack for it panel choice as you say.

OLED tend to win every time over the QLED sets.

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Patrick2097.

The Frames are great televisions and use one of the QLED panels. I some if this in action and think they are very nice indeed.

hi Kenny. im under pressure on this "2 walls are full s=windows, bright room etc". as its a fair whack of money can you advise that the screen will be ok in this environment? thanks kenny

• Advertisement

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Patrick2097.

hi Kenny. im under pressure on this "2 walls are full s=windows, bright room etc". as its a fair whack of money can you advise that the screen will be ok in this environment? thanks kenny
    Hi Patrick2097.

I have not seen one it that environment before but from our high powered lights here at the store you can still see the image with no issues.
    There is a slight reflection on the OLED screens but it does not make the TV unwatchable.

Of course if the sun is shinning directly onto the screen on a summers day you might get a bit more reflection than usual but under normal day light there should be no issue.

They are nothing like the old Plasma where if the sun hit them it was good buy to that part of the picture.

The OLED are one of the netter sets in a bright room.

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Patrick2097.

hi again kenny, left a message above. also looking at this samsung, how would this compare? thanks Kenny im nearly there

[font=Lato, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Samsung 65" 8K HDR Smart QLED TV | QE65Q800TATXXU[/font]

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Patrick2097.

hi again kenny, left a message above. also looking at this samsung, how would this compare? thanks Kenny im nearly there

[font=Lato,]Samsung 65" 8K HDR Smart QLED TV | QE65Q800TATXXU[/font]
    Hey Patrick2097.

The 65Q800TAT would be another amazing television.

It would handle a bright room better then the OLED in my opinion.
    It can handle 8K for when we start to see it coming through.
    Priced at £2299 but currently out of stock.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204618-samsung-qe65q800t-65-inch-qled-8k-hdr-2000-smart-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughs.

Hi Patrick2097.

Thanks for the post.

Hey Patrick2097.

[font=Lato,]Samsung 65" 8K HDR Smart QLED TV | QE65Q800TATXXU[/font]
    Hey Patrick2097.

The 65Q800TAT would be another amazing television.

It would handle a bright room better then the OLED in my opinion.
    It can handle 8K for when we start to see it coming through.
    Priced at £2299 but currently out of stock.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204618-samsung-qe65q800t-65-inch-qled-8k-hdr-2000-smart-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.