Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exchange of UK driving licence

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Guess what the postman delivered yesterday?

I did have to ring them again last week though. Spent 50 mins on hold then another 10/15 minutes as the woman answering the calls then having to call up the dept dealing with it and relaying their message back to me. They said they were waiting for DVLA to get back to them, I said I’d sent numerous check codes so they didn’t need to contact dvla, she said she didn’t know and was just passing message on.

I told her my insurance were threatening to cancel and could she ask that department to send me an email with current situation so I could send to my insurance. Never got email :D

Got mine last week,they sent a text about a week before saying it was going to be sent out.

C1 category is on it and it says expiry is ten years so if i dont want to renew the C1 after 5 years i still got the car licence for the full term.

Long drawn out process and now the agony starts again trying to get my daughters provisional licence,she will be gone through college by the time she gets that at this rate of going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Just about to send off my old UK licence here to be exchanged for an Irish one.

Great to come across this thread to learn about the codes and how to help grease the wheels.

I have what I think is a pretty straightforward question, but cant find the answer on the NDLS website or Citizens Information website:

Do I need to send a photo with my application? Its not listed on the required documents to submit? Am I missing something?

Answer to my own question: No need to send a picture, they use the picture from you PPS Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

So the Irish license just arrived in the post 3 months after applying. Out of interest I put my old UK license details into the DVLA website and according to that they are still under the impression I have a UK license. So, for anyone like me who’s gone through this process, I suppose in theory you COULD report your old UK license as lost and get a new one sent out and hold both licenses if you were that way inclined.

I also got my irish driving licence replacement, almost 3 months to the day from when i applied. I guess there isnt any fast track. I called them a couple of times to try and see if I could nudge it on, but it was pretty much a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ruahead

Old thread but my husband has to exchange his UK licence for an Irish one. Is the eye test needed for everyone ?

Can anyone who has recently changed let us know the procedure? He has car and motorbike on his licence if that makes a difference. .thanks 🙏♥️🙏

Advertisement