Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Monitor

Options

Comments

decent monitors are not cheap, especially ones that are 4k to take advantage of the PS5's resolution outputs

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-ps5-monitor/

4k at 60hz or 1440p at 144hz are whats available for reasonable money at the minute. HDR is ****e on them don't believe anyone who says otherwise unless they paid a grand+ for one.

Personally I can't see many games hitting 120fps any time soon so I'd go with resolution here and freesync (does ps5 support that?) worked wonders on Assassin's Creed for me on Xbox never saw the screen tearing they talked about on digital foundry.

The other thing to factor is size and how close you are sitting to it, I use a 27'' and use it for consoles and PC at a desk so it's at arms length, at that distance anything over 27 would mean I was moving my head not my eyes to see the extremes of the screen which is not good for your neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

4k at 60hz or 1440p at 144hz are whats available for reasonable money at the minute. HDR is ****e on them don't believe anyone who says otherwise unless they paid a grand+ for one.

Personally I can't see many games hitting 120fps any time soon so I'd go with resolution here and freesync (does ps5 support that?) worked wonders on Assassin's Creed for me on Xbox never saw the screen tearing they talked about on digital foundry.

The other thing to factor is size and how close you are sitting to it, I use a 27'' and use it for consoles and PC at a desk so it's at arms length, at that distance anything over 27 would mean I was moving my head not my eyes to see the extremes of the screen which is not good for your neck.

Not out of the box, but it's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Most 1440p monitors will upscale 1080p for Playstation since it doesn't support 1440p resolution, there are a small few that downscale 4K though

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Thanks guys for your reply’s, really helpful. If ye has to pick one to buy within a budget what would it be? Any difference in the curved and normal ones?

• Advertisement
Advertisement