Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos - price gouging

Options
  • 27-11-2020 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Really disappointed with Dominos Pizza tonight. All the kids around for the Toy show and tried to order Dominos early and while I can understand no deliveries they have also suspended all of their deals. This is price gouging to me and and I will avoid ordering from them in the future.

We've ordered from Apache who are delivering and have their deals active.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭paulpd

We ordered online and paid the delivery guy cash at the door. Dublin 12 about an hour ago. Definitely got some deals as it said we saved 10 euro when completing the order.

quote="boardz;115440868"]Really disappointed with Dominos Pizza tonight. All the kids around for the Toy show and tried to order Dominos early and while I can understand no deliveries they have also suspended all of their deals. This is price gouging to me and and I will avoid ordering from them in the future.

We've ordered from Apache who are delivering and have their deals active.[/quote]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Moved from Food forum as it’s not suitable for there but might suit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is it considered price gouging because you don’t get a discount on normal price?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dav010 wrote: »
    Is it considered price gouging because you don’t get a discount on normal price?

I don't understand how the OP think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm disappointed in Dominoes pizza any time I get it. Even when I don't pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I don't understand how the OP think that.

Nobody pays full price for Dominos, 24 quid for one 13.5 inch Pizza?? You’d want to be mad

• Registered Users Posts: 30 heavydemon

Ordered at 6:15 rang at 8pm as no sign of delivery. It was en route in their tracker but when i called there was a mix up and said id have to wait an additional hour. I asked for a discount and was declined so cancelled the order. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

This thread needs the guy from bargain alerts to tell us how much the pizza ingredients cost when added to Tesco basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Dav010 wrote: »

These are standard deals - not discounts - visible even now on their site but deactivated because of the night that's in it.

Poster accensi0n above has helpfully put in the definition of price gouging to prove my point.

Honestly wasn't missed Apache food was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Op, definitely price gouging. This is a case for Joe Duffy. Make sure to tell him how de kids do be hungry and you saved all year to get a mighty meaty with 2 sides and a 1.25ml bottle of coke and dey charged twice as much and forgot de garlic dip and wouldn't even swap de garlic bread for chicken wings even doe de yung ones are alergic to garlic and the delivery man was foreidn and wasnt wearin a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

antix80 wrote: »
    Op, definitely price gouging. This is a case for Joe Duffy. Make sure to tell him how de kids do be hungry and you saved all year to get a mighty meaty with 2 sides and a 1.25ml bottle of coke and dey charged twice as much and forgot de garlic dip and wouldn't even swap de garlic bread for chicken wings even doe de yung ones are alergic to garlic and the delivery man was foreidn and wasnt wearin a mask

Miserappalling so it is.

antix80 wrote: »

Yawnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Deal to beat the band. Black Friday sure

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Domino's was set up by a homeless man, he had $5 bought pizza and sold it for a profit and it took off from there....

It's some of the most expensive food one can purchase now and I'm not totally against as I will buy occasion but at minimum 30% or 50% off....

It's extremely expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is basically a form of yield management as done by airlines - no need to discount product when you know it'll be sold anyway.

Change your purchasing habits if you don't agree with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Domino's was set up by a homeless man, he had $5 bought pizza and sold it for a profit and it took off from there

That's not even vaguely true.

Founded by an architecture student.

L1011 wrote: »
    That's not even vaguely true.

Founded by an architecture student.

Ok wilkipedia said otherwise... I stand corrected...

Still extortionate price though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

It's some of the most expensive food one can purchase now.....

It's extremely expensive.

No its not.
    Try lunch at Greshams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

OP I've just been on to Ruth Coppinger and she agrees with me that this breaches your fundamental human rights and the only way to stop this happening is for the govt to nationalise Dominoes.

There's a rally planned check ur Facebook for details. Stay well hun

purifol0 wrote: »
    OP I've just been on to Ruth Coppinger and she agrees with me that this breaches your fundamental human rights and the only way to stop this happening is for the govt to nationalise Dominoes.

There's a rally planned check ur Facebook for details. Stay well hun

Ah stop you're going to get the thread moved to the comedy forum.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    No its not.
    Try lunch at Greshams

So you believe €3.50 actually €4.50 for a small handful of wedges is ok and 9 for a little tiny pizza is cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Dominoes is criminally overpriced to the point that they have to have constant deals and offers for it to seem affordable and appealing to consumers.

I'd call that price gouging tbh. Having unrealistic prices so you can claim you're giving 30% off every day of the week. Then not offering the discounts during big events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Can't fathom out why anyone would pay their asking prices, even with a supposed discount.

Oh well, guess fools and their money are easily parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If only they didn’t have a monopoly on the pizza market :(

I remember when there were other pizzerias.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If only they didn’t have a monopoly on the pizza market :(

I remember when there were other pizzerias.

They don't in D5 thats for sure. Pizzahut are ****e though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

boardz wrote: »
    This is price gouging to me and and I will avoid ordering from them in the future.

Not offering you deals is not price gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Airlines, hotels, Uber and even supermarkets do it. If you shop mid week in Tesco the place is full of deals, go on a Friday or weekend and there's no deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

So you believe €3.50 actually €4.50 for a small handful of wedges is ok and 9 for a little tiny pizza is cheap

If you think Dominos is expensive you're either on welfare or havent left your village.

Advertisement