If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television and sound bar advice

Options
  • 28-11-2020 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I was wondering if someone could recommend a tv for me.
    I have a Panasonic that I bought a few years ago but the picture isn’t great and the sound is worse. I use a canton soundbar and its a great soundbar but there is a delay from the Apple TV content to the tv and finally to the sound bar so the sound is delayed.
    For this reason, I’d like to get a tv that has a way of dealing with sound in a way there’s no delays. I’m willing to update the whole system to get the best picture/sound quality.
    I was thinking of getting an LG tv because they’re supposed to be the best nowadays but I need to be sure I can connect a good sound blaster to it without the issues I’m facing now.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Noddy45 wrote: »
    I was wondering if someone could recommend a tv for me.
    I have a Panasonic that I bought a few years ago but the picture isn’t great and the sound is worse. I use a canton soundbar and its a great soundbar but there is a delay from the Apple TV content to the tv and finally to the sound bar so the sound is delayed.
    For this reason, I’d like to get a tv that has a way of dealing with sound in a way there’s no delays. I’m willing to update the whole system to get the best picture/sound quality.
    I was thinking of getting an LG tv because they’re supposed to be the best nowadays but I need to be sure I can connect a good sound blaster to it without the issues I’m facing now.
    Hey Noddy45.

The syncing issue can be a nightmare when it happens.

They is usually a way within the TV to change it in milliseconds.

A good few televisions now have the Apple TV app so you could run it directly from the TV and it will cut out the sync issue.

LG have some fantastic televisions on the market depending at what price point you go in at.
    You could then pair it with an LG soundbar as they make some really good sounding ones.
    The SN7CY priced at £299 sounds excellent.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204821-lg-sn7cy-3-0-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Noddy45

Hey Noddy45.

The syncing issue can be a nightmare when it happens.

They is usually a way within the TV to change it in milliseconds.

A good few televisions now have the Apple TV app so you could run it directly from the TV and it will cut out the sync issue.

LG have some fantastic televisions on the market depending at what price point you go in at.
    You could then pair it with an LG soundbar as they make some really good sounding ones.
    The SN7CY priced at £299 sounds excellent.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204821-lg-sn7cy-3-0-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

That Soundbar looks nice but does it only work with android (not iPhones?)? Also, does it have a subwoofer or is it just a bar?
    And in terms of tv, what’s the best you have?
    Thanks.

Also, please don’t worry about price for both tv and sound. I just want the best. Thanks.

Also, please don’t worry about price for both tv and sound. I just want the best. Thanks.

I have a Canton DM100 that I bought from you a few years ago - I am not sure if you have better than that? Or should I just keep this one and get a better TV that manages sound in a way it is perfect? I am definitely getting a new TV anyway because I am not happy with the one I have, but I want the best now. Thanks. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Noddy45 wrote: »
    I have a Canton DM100 that I bought from you a few years ago - I am not sure if you have better than that? Or should I just keep this one and get a better TV that manages sound in a way it is perfect? I am definitely getting a new TV anyway because I am not happy with the one I have, but I want the best now. Thanks. 
    Hi Noddy45.

The Canton DM100 is a good soundbase.

There is now better soundbars out there with the introduction of Dolby Atmos enabled ones on the Market.

The SN7CY soundbar operates on Bluetooth for steaming so will work with any product that also has bluetooth, Phones, laptops, tablets etc....

If you wanted something even better you could go for something like the LG SN11RG at £799 (Currently pending stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204700-lg-sn11rg-7-1-4-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-surround-speakers.aspx
    This come with subwoofer and rear speakers and sound amazing!

One of the best 55" OLED would be the Panasonic 55HZ1500 priced at £1699 (Limited stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204775-panasonic-tx55hz1500b-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The Sony 55AG9 is also at the top of the list priced at at £1699 also (Currently out of stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204109-sony-bravia-kd55ag9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Even the popular LG 55CX which is an amazing TV has ran out of stock.
    Priced at £1299
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

We will no more on stock on Monday once all current orders have been picked by our warehouse.
    Yesterday was such a crazy day that our stock levels have depleted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.