If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 49NANO866NA

Options
  • 28-11-2020 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just trying to buy this TV from the website but home delivery to South is not available.

This TV would be replacing a Sony KD49XE9005BU so would like thoughts on whether it would be an upgrade. Biggest downside of current TV is only have 2 x hdmi 2.0 ports, 1 of which is ARC so it limits what i can connect while I'm using a soundbar.

New TV is only for TV, Netflix etc and not gaming.

Will probably connect up the Sky Q box, Shield TV Pro and soundbar so the more Hdmi 2.0/HDCP 2.2 ports the better.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just trying to buy this TV from the website but home delivery to South is not available.  

This TV would be replacing a Sony KD49XE9005BU so would like thoughts on whether it would be an upgrade.  Biggest downside of current TV is only have 2 x hdmi 2.0 ports, 1 of which is ARC so it limits what i can connect while I'm using a soundbar.

New TV is only for TV, Netflix etc and not gaming.  

Will probably connect up the Sky Q box, Shield TV Pro and soundbar so the more Hdmi 2.0/HDCP 2.2 ports the better.
    Hey Rossi IRL.

Thanks for the post.

We are totally out of the 49NANO866 unfortunately.
    We are chasing more but have no ETA at present.

Delivery has been removed from our website due to the stock selling out.

You could maybe check out the Samsung QLED which would would be a step up to your current Sony.
    The 55Q60T priced at £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204598-samsung-qe50q60t-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

You could stick with Sony and go for the 49XH8196 coming in at £629
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204630-sony-kd49xh8196bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thanks Kenny

Do you know if you will get more of the LG before end of year?

I'm not in a major rush.

Not gone on Samsung due to lack of Dolby Vision and would like a change from Sony

Thanks Kenny

Do you know if you will get more of the LG before end of year?

I'm not in a major rush.

Not gone on Samsung due to lack of Dolby Vision and would like a change from Sony
    Hey Rossi IRL.

I would like to think we would but until our purchasing guys try to get some confirmation next week I don't want to try and guess.

I'll hope to have a been picture by next week once the smoke clears and orders get picked from our warehouse and our purchasing team get in touch with suppliers.

Stock has been slower coming through from manufacturers but we always do our best to try and secure stock as quick as we can.

Thanks again Kenny

Is there a way to go on to a waiting list for this TV. I do want to buy this model in the next month.

Thanks again Kenny

Is there a way to go on to a waiting list for this TV.  I do want to buy this model in the next month.
    Hey Rossi IRL.

We can put up a temporary order to get you in line and once we get some form of idea on stock arriving you can either cancel or keep it live depending on the ETA.

You can drop me your full name and address and a contact number and i can pop the order on our system and keep you updated.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Might spend a bit more and go for a LG OLED55CX5LB

Just wondering what your stance is warranty wise with potential screen burn.

Hi Kenny,

Might spend a bit more and go for a LG OLED55CX5LB

Just wondering what your stance is warranty wise with potential screen burn.
    Hi Rossi IRL.

The cx range are amazing televisions.

Screen bur is not cover by LG's own manufacturers warranty or by our own 6 year guarantee.

LG class screen burn as misuse unfortunately and do not cover for it.

That's disappointing alright. Down the road if the screen does go bad can it be replaced or is it just a right off.

Alternatively could you recommend something non OLED that has the following specs.

Full 10bit
    4x hdmi that support 4k HDR at 60hrz (got stung with my current Sony that only has 2 from 4 hdmi that support this)
    Dolby vision support (non Samsung tv's so)
    48-55 inch

Possibly KD55XH9505BU

That's disappointing alright.  Down the road if the screr.

een does go bad can it be replaced or is it just a right off.

Alternatively could you recommend something non OLED that has the following specs.

Full 10bit
    4x hdmi that support 4k HDR at 60hrz (got stung with my current Sony that only has 2 from 4 hdmi that support this)
    Dolby vision support (non Samsung tv's so)
    48-55 inch

Possibly KD55XH9505BU
    Hi Rossi IRL.

Any fault will be repaired.

LG do not class screen burn as a fault and class it as misuse so they would not replace or fix the panel if screen burn was to appear.

It is pretty hard to get screen burn to be honest. 
    You need to leave a static image on it for some time for it to happen.
    It was the same for Plasma when it was in circulation.

To get a 10 but panel you need to go for the top of the range sets.
    Other than OLED mot other sets only have 1 or 2 HDMI ports that can do the new certification of HDMI for 4K/120Hz.
    4K @ 60hz is pretty standard and most 2020 sets will process this.

The Sony 55XH9505 and 55XH9005 are out of stock at the moment and an ETA is being chased.

The 49NANO is not a full 10 bit set either.

For Dolby Vision it would mainly be LG, Panasonic, Philips and Sony but again to get a full 10 bit panel you need to go OLED for most of these manufacturers.

Thanks Kenny,

Regarding the OLED,

I wouldn't have anything static on it for days on end.

Usually on a Saturday or Sunday it would be a lot of green from watching the football, or maybe a few hours of Sky Sports News. Apart from that it would be standard use of a few hours in the evenings.

Iv probably over worrying/thinking of the screen burn.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny,

Regarding the OLED,

I wouldn't have anything static on it for days on end.

Usually on a Saturday or Sunday it would be a lot of green from watching the football, or maybe a few hours of Sky Sports News.  Apart from that it would be standard use of a few hours in the evenings.

Iv probably over worrying/thinking of the screen burn.
    Hey Rossie IRL.

I watch lots and lots and lots of football with myself being a Man Utd fan and my missus a Spurs fan.
    She is worse than me and never miss a match :)

I've had my OLED 3 years at this point and no issues at all.
    I also play a lot of Playstation games and again no issues.

As long as you switch the station every now and again and run the built in pixel shift thing s should be grand.
    Any of the screen burn I have seen is usually for CBBC for kids with the Logo burned into the top corner. Where it is left on for hours and hours on end, day after day.

Thanks Kenny,

Will go ahead with the LG OLED55CX5LB

Just wondering what the all in cost is including delivery? Maybe a bit of a boards discount?

Thanks Kenny,

Will go ahead with the LG OLED55CX5LB

Just wondering what the all in cost is including delivery? Maybe a bit of a boards discount?
    Hi Rossi IRL.

No problem at all.

I have no further discount on the 55CX as it is already at it Black Friday pricing.

I believe out Euro price work out a bit cheaper than our sterling pricing at the minute.

Quickest way to order it would be directly via our website.

Delivery is included with the Euro pricing.

Let me know when you have ordered one and I will cancel off the 49" Nano for you.

Thanks Kenny

Order has been placed.

Thanks Kenny

Order has been placed.
    Hey Rossi IRL.

Cheers for that :)

I have cancelled down the 49" Nano.

Our courier will be in touch regarding the delivery once it has been dispatched out to you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.