Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toy Show Thread

Options
  • 28-11-2020 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭

I think it's worth having a discussion about the state of the Late Late Toy Show thread.

There were a few posters last night pushing a political agenda of hate and intolerance. It was so blatant and a lot of the crap was about kids which is mind boggling. I think this thread is a great example of the issue that's seen across the site as it was laid bare for most people last night. Just look at the responses of most of the other posters.

I know moderators are volunteers and do this in their free time. I get it. However, the site is really getting dragged down by trolls and thinly veiled hate speech (sometimes not veiled at all).

My suggestion would be to take a much harder line on this kind of posting but I respect the fact that the staff/moderators are treading a thin line of enforcement and allowing healthy debate. Last night was not healthy debate.

I see this most often in AH/CA as expected, but when this type of rhetoric leaks out into other forums, the repsonse from regulars in those forums shows that the majority of boardsies don't want to be dealing with these kinds of posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had no internet last night (Vodafone had a countrywide outage) and modding is difficult on smartphones with H+ connectivity. I'll have a look at the reported posts in detail later. I had a look through some of them on my phone this morning. Some are trivial but some are going to have serious consequences.

Please be patient, there were nearly 100 reported posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Thanks for the response. I heard VF had an outage last night alright, Friday night of the toy show. I'd say there were many disappointed folks!

I understand that moderating is time consuming and taking your own personal time to handle, it's certainly appreciated.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,725 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: to note that forum- or thread-specific issues are dealt with in Help Desk as it is not site feedback.

Advertisement