Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

2 FTs. Did Mahrez and Jesus in for Grealish and Kane. Risky for sure as KdB and Salah could ruin my GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    That’s a good call on comparing hunches to bookies odds. Any website you know of that shows odds from multiple companies? I haven’t put a bet down in years so no idea where to look online!

I tend to just pop on to one or two websites, but the gambling forum on boards will also give you a good idea of people’s perception of value - if someone thinks the bookies are wrong with their odds on a team, for example, if the Newcastle game wasn’t called off, word had gone out maybe 2 days beforehand that Newcastle had a weakened squad, so villa were the team to back, in terms of fantasy it was going to be a case of bring in villa assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

siblers wrote: »
    I potentially have 11 but Kilman, Robertson and Burke may not play

Outside chance Jota could be rested too

Might just take another hit

Robertson will play.

Who you moving On?

I’m thinking of taking a hit.. getting Mahrez for Grealish & captaining him.

Grealish away to Wolves week after so Grealish
    Next week then: Bruno to Salah, Richy to Bamford.

Get Grealish back with then with Riedewald & Vardy to 7.5m option

It will be 3 consecutive hits!!! But the first 2 will be to captain the players

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Robertson will play.

Who you moving On?

Pull the trigger on Mahrez for Grealish, -4.

Will be lining up

Ryan (fodder)

Cancelo Chilwell Telles (Kilman , Bernardo)

Mahrez (c) KdB Bruno Ziyech Riedewald

Richy Vardy (Blank)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Benimar wrote: »
    Have the cash for Ziyech to KDB as my FT.

Would leave me with 10 players max (Martinez, Grealish and Mitchell won’t play) assuming Kane plays.

Advantage is it protects me as I now have the obvious captain choice.

Disadvantages are it rules out Salah next week (unless I take a hit) and I have to play short handed this week.

Worry about the hit next week. :pac:
    Would getting Ederson in (say) and Bruno (c) with some sort of BB plan for when Villa get their early DGW be an option? Maybe but a long way out and Covid....
    Ziyech a bit of an assister of the assister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is it worth swapping Bruno out for KDB for a -4? For tomorrow and medium term? Otherwise I'd just leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    That’s a good call on comparing hunches to bookies odds. Any website you know of that shows odds from multiple companies? I haven’t put a bet down in years so no idea where to look online!

Oddschecker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

JPA wrote: »
    Is it worth swapping Bruno out for KDB for a -4? For tomorrow and medium term? Otherwise I'd just leave it.

There has to be a better way to get KDB than getting than losing Bruno?

But KDB is the best player to own as captain for tomorrow and for a lot of gameweeks in next 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Have money ITB and plan has been to upgrade my 4.0 defender to Dias - but I'm uncertain about him starting and now thinking of getting Reece James and holding off on Dias until after the Utd game next week.

James Leeds (h), Everton (a) or Dias Fulham (h), Man U (a)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Have money ITB and plan has been to upgrade my 4.0 defender to Dias - but I'm uncertain about him starting and now thinking of getting Reece James and holding off on Dias until after the Utd game next week.

James Leeds (h), Everton (a) or Dias Fulham (h), Man U (a)?

Do you have any other city or Chelsea defenders? If not, I’d go James of the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Kane to Adams to raise funds.

If I then sell Grealish for KDB it'll be for 7.3. Then 7.7 (or 7.6 when he drops) if I want to bring him back. Is KDB the only nailed on City mid this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Went Son to KDB and Watkins to Adams for a -4. Have Foden who I'm pretty sure won't start after playing in CL so with that, only had starters . Threw Foden on the bench then. I'd imagine he'll get games over Christmas period so probably won't sell him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Robertson will play.

Who you moving On?

I could do Grealish to Mahrez but not sure how logical it is as it would be a pain trying to get Grealish back.

I could replace Martinez or Brantwaithe but no one stands out. Apart from City V Fulham and maybe Chelsea v Leeds, there are few stand out games so struggling to justify a - 4 outside of Grealish to Mahrez which I'm 50/50 on

I could do Grealish to Mahrez but not sure how logical it is as it would be a pain trying to get Grealish back.

I could replace Martinez or Brantwaithe but no one stands out. Apart from City V Fulham and maybe Chelsea v Leeds, there are few stand out games so struggling to justify a - 4 outside of Grealish to Mahrez which I'm 50/50 on

Grealish is away to Wolves next week on a Saturday morning.

To be honest I’m happy to take my chances there.

This will give me time to see Ziyech 2 more games, see how Mahrez gets on & even Vardy (as can change tact to a 5 man midfield & get Grealish & 6mil striker in there)

Come join me :)

*im switching the armband now back & forth with KdB :)

Grealish is away to Wolves next week on a Saturday morning.

To be honest I’m happy to take my chances there.

This will give me time to see Ziyech 2 more games, see how Mahrez gets on & even Vardy (as can change tact to a 5 man midfield & get Grealish & 6mil striker in there)

Come join me :)

*im switching the armband now back & forth with KdB :)

City Home to West Brom after the Utd game so I'd probably hold Mahrez for 3 games at least which is a bit more appealing

It is tempting and I badly need more firepower this week

It is a very hard captain call between Mahrez and KDB

City Home to West Brom after the Utd game so I'd probably hold Mahrez for 3 games at least which is a bit more appealing

It is tempting and I badly need more firepower this week

It is a very hard captain call between Mahrez and KDB

Yes exactly, who else have you in midfield would you consider switching them?

Or have you premium strikers you are not overly happy with?

I’m planning on attacking this Christmas period as I don’t see it as a normal season, will be plenty of injuries & rotation. I know Mahrez is playing tomorrow so I’m taking the punt. It’s basically a -2 hit for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've done Kane, Son and Harrison to KDB, Mahrez and Bamford. No keeper and one playing sub...this week could be fun :D

Yes exactly, who else have you in midfield would you consider switching them?

Or have you premium strikers you are not overly happy with?

I’m planning on attacking this Christmas period as I don’t see it as a normal season, will be plenty of injuries & rotation. I know Mahrez is playing tomorrow so I’m taking the punt. It’s basically a -2 hit for me

The 3 players I was looking to sell were Martinez,Kane and Robertson but don't want to take a hit on Martinez as not sure who I'd want to bring in

Won't sell Robertson as he is actually playing and the same with Kane.
    I'lll probably do Kane to Ings next week

-2 is a good way to look at it so will do Grealish to Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

I’m keeping Son and Kane.
    Thinking of Robertson/Grealish to Mendy/Mahrez for a hit but may bank instead. Team is
    McCarthy
    Chillwell, Robertson,Lamptey, Masuaka,
    KDB(c), Son, Fernandes, Jota
    Bamford, Kane.
    Subs, Forster, Masuaka, Kilman, Grealish

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've done Kane, Son and Harrison to KDB, Mahrez and Bamford. No keeper and one playing sub...this week could be fun :D

Done something similar, except I am now the proud owner of Welbeck :eek:
    Nice to have someone in the Monday evening game.

Had looked about getting Bruno in all week, but have just decided to go knee deep in city instead - waiting for the 2pm news on Saturday to be crushed no doubt:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Chickened out of mahrez. Just don't trust pep or mahrez tbh.

-4 KDB and Bamford in, Kane and Grealish out.

Someone please help.

If you had to choose to start, cresswell or Lamptey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Someone please help.

If you had to choose to start, cresswell or Lamptey?

Lamptey has the better chance of a clean sheet so him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1334989361226592257?s=19

Not sure if this was posted. Tempted to put the captaincy on him now. Of course, saying he'll play doesn't mean he'll start. This is Pep after all...

Bemused by city clean sheet talk. If there's one thing fulham seem to have done well recently it's that they are good going forward. I expect them to score today. Hopefully kdb batters them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Took a hit to replace de gea/James with mendy/mahrez

Im thinking of captaining DCL
    Current team is looking like this

Mendy
    Zouma bellerin chillwell
    Mahrez mane jota son
    Kane bamford dcl

With some extra in the bank for some changes over the next few weeks

Can't afford Grealish to Mahrez.

Really struggling to find any decent midfielder 8.3 or below

Was going to get Torrres but he played midweek so he may not start. Could take a punt on Mount maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Did Grealish to Mahrez with my FT.

Tempted to take a hit to upgrade my backup keeper to Johnstone to give me a playing keeper this week. He also covers GW16 to 18 when Martinez has a nasty run.

Would you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tempted to keep Grealish on the bench, and keep my FT for next week. Only thing i would like to do is bring in KDB, but i can't afford him unless i sub out Kane, and i don't fancy a -4.

Current team if i do that.
    McCarthy
    Justin, KWP, Zouma, James
    Jota, Fernandes(V), Son
    Vardy, Kane(C), DCL

• Advertisement

Can't afford Grealish to Mahrez.

Really struggling to find any decent midfielder 8.3 or below

Was going to get Torrres but he played midweek so he may not start. Could take a punt on Mount maybe

Oh you missed out with the price rise of Mahrez overnight. Could be a blessing in disguise.

The only other player id be taking Grealish out for would be Jota

Advertisement