Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

froog wrote: »
    you honestly think there's been as many people going to house parties the last few weeks than would be going to pubs if they were open? that's ridiculous.

Absolutely.
    Although house party might not mean what you are thinking.

It could be 4 or 5 friends watching a match and having beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

sacrebleu

verdammt

stronzate

Merda

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Arghus wrote: »
    Sure, we'll wait and see.

Gerry Killeen was on Éamonn Dunphy's podcast during the week and he was very positive about how quickly and decisively vaccination will change everything - so you know, it's not inconceivable.

Listened to that too and was pleasantly surprised at his positivity. He was also feeling positive about the likelihood that immunity was long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ah yeah i'd say mcconkey will come out and be all positive, as always

I don't see any reason why medical experts advocating strict lockdowns, zero covid etc. should be skeptical about the efficacy of the new vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I've never been so stressed in my life. No social outlets, all work, no escape. Very difficult time.

I'm at an all time low. No work either. Feel alienated from some friends who don't seem to be as badly affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I've never been so stressed in my life. No social outlets, all work, no escape. Very difficult time.

Sorry to hear. It is difficult all round but I think most of all for 19 to 24 year olds .
    Now you have got me feeling remorse for arguing with you ...almost ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Speaking of tv shows- watching The Hunger on RTE now and thinking we have little to worry about!

They were real tough times

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is hard to find a balance, take care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Why should he?

He should because he preaches nothing but doom and gloom. The man won't be happy until we close our borders to the rest of the world. He thinks we're New Zealand or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

jackboy wrote: »
    Interesting. Those who have the greatest chance of dying are the least susceptible to depression due to the pandemic.

Obviously, because they are not giving up the best years of their lives, the best chance of meeting a life partner etc, I didn't read the the link so that is only from the comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

It's very hard to concentrate on what anyone is saying when Claire Byrne is on my screen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

ANOTHER person on rte pushing Zero covid???

**** right off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

El Sueño wrote: »
    ANOTHER person on rte pushing Zero covid???

**** right off

It’s fûcking ridiculous they’ve wheeled this fool out again! We need take up the vaccine and this is making more people hesitant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

funnydoggy wrote: »
    He should because he preaches nothing but doom and gloom. The man won't be happy until we close our borders to the rest of the world. He thinks we're New Zealand or something.

He’s throwing plenty of cold water on the ability of a vaccine to get us out of the sh1thole we’re in!

First time I've heard this guy speak.

He's full of ****

He's contradicting himself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Obviously, because they are not giving up the best years of their lives, the best chance of meeting a life partner etc, I didn't read the the link so that is only from the comment

Still 71% didn't feel that way. Reading Boards the 19% surprised me in being so low, until I thought about family members in that age bracket and realised it's probably an accurate figure.

We are illusionists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

maybe mconkeys whole deal is hamming up the doom so people stay careful until we know this thing is beat. smart guy.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Still 71% didn't feel that way. Reading Boards the 19% surprised me in being so low, until I thought about family members in that age bracket and realised it's probably an accurate figure.

If it was Liverpool supporters and kids off school that took part in the survey, I'm not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So we want a majority to take a vaccine right?

What's RTE's solution? Bring on the likes of this clown to **** all over the vaccine and make people less likely to take it

They're a disgrace

• Advertisement

Cork2021 wrote: »
    We are illusionists

We are the world, we are the children

MOR316 wrote: »
    If it was Liverpool supporters and kids off school that took part in the survey, I'm not surprised.

I've no idea what that means.

I've no idea what that means.

Liverpool won their first league in 30 years this year.
    Kids were off school for a long period of time.

The yacht fûcking club!! He isn’t living in the real world the prick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

He's full of sh*t. Yacht club!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

First time I've heard this guy speak.

He's full of ****

He's contradicting himself

First time you've heard McConkey speak?
    The man changes his mind every few minutes thats nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Not to mention that he's always about 2 mins away from RTE wheeling him out to dish out negativity in case people start to feel hope.....

Liverpool won their first league in 30 years this year.
    Kids were off school for a long period of time.

Ok. :confused:

Schools weren't off during this survey.
    Liverpool won months ago.

Did you even read the survey or are you just trying a lame attempt at humour. :)

I see him on TV but, genuinely never paid much attention to him.

Hard to take any of them seriously these days

• Advertisement

Ok. :confused:

Schools weren't off during this survey.
    Liverpool won months ago.

Did you even read the survey or are you just trying a lame attempt at humour. :)

Nope, was being deadly serious.

Saw it earlier today, didn't click on it. I can't honestly see how anyone's life has "improved" due to a pandemic, unless it's Liverpool supporters, who won the league or Kids, who didn't have to go to school.

Liverpool may have won it months ago but, they're still on a buzz about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement