Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So we are nowhere close to capacity then. Excellent news. Strange that we are locking down though.
    Well, 150 in ICU with covid. People do end up there for other things. Several hospitals ended up with no ICU capacity earlier in the year. Covid wasn't solely responsible, but it didn't help - hence a desire to keep cases down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

25 in ICU today, unless the numbers have increased since I looked at the Covid app 10 minutes ago.

In march\April we had f-all testing capability, so the 150 in ICU were the critical cases out if no-one really knows how many infections. Hopefully testing is catching a multiple percentage of what was detected back then. But if the case load rises to what was really the case back then, we'll see the same numbers in ICU again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

What's that got to do with Christmas during a pandemic, did you think you would be celebrating the 12 pubs is that why you wish to get personal?

How's It personal? You are surprised by something you think I'm not aware of about the pandemic. I'm surprised of something you are not aware of in the pandemic. What are your thoughts on schools in Jan given the news. Keep everything open I guess......

https://twitter.com/BillHanage/status/1341866606679511042?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Or a sh!te Christmas which has been royally fvcked up by said government and blamed on the populace they supposedly represent.

Also if people really cared about hospitality and jobs that would be the least damaging option. Now they are going into a third lockdown and lots won't survive.

I am going to have a great Christmas regardless and I won’t be putting anyone in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

That's like the arguments about banning travel. People came out saying "We'll starve" Well they've banned travel but we let freight in and we are grand" That was proven to be a bogus argument too now.

Who is suggesting "taking your kids off you". We are going to go from anyone can rock up and do what they want to separating families. If it were implemented how about doing it at the family unit level.

Of course like all the bulls!t arguments put forward it's not about the point. It's about finding the most extreme case so you can do what you want.

It’s not about finding the most extreme case - it’s easy to say let’s test and quarantine everyone that enters but practically it means implementing pretty nasty policies without exceptions...

I think we should have done it back in the summer when we had an opportunity but doing it now without cross border consensus and even full EU alignment would be akin to pissing in the wind...

We do need to have some strategy and even NPHET are not advocating for a elimination strategy but what happens if vaccines don’t prevent the transmission of that disease..

If they are 95% effective in limiting sickness but people still get and transmit the virus then the last 18 months would have been time wasted and we need to start the whole strategy from scratch...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sorry Caveat I don't take any notice of linked tweets from you. You have form in posting false information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

mike8634 wrote: »
    No logic, just age based racism

Stopped reading after the first line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

accensi0n wrote: »
    Stopped reading after the first line.

Age based racism! Lol

Sorry Caveat I don't take any notice of linked tweets from you. You have form in posting false information.

Don't respond to any point just keep playing the man like you always do. Your lack of engagement belies your lack of empathy for anybody but yourself and your variable family based on the point you are making to keep things open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Too much trouble here politically to close borders

DUP would probably jump on it for their own benefit

• Advertisement

Don't respond to any point just keep playing the man like you always do. Your lack of engagement belies your lack of empathy for any but yourself and your variable family based on the point you are making to keep things open.

No I'm just not interested in reading any tweet you link as you posted false tweets before. As for playing the man, it's a tactic you engage in on a frequent basis to the point you even attribute something to a poster they never said.
    Before Mod intervention I will be putting the above account on ignore .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Or a sh!te Christmas which has been royally fvcked up by said government and blamed on the populace they supposedly represent.

Also if people really cared about hospitality and jobs that would be the least damaging option. Now they are going into a third lockdown and lots won't survive.

The only one ruining your Christmas is yourself. Do you think anyone is going to sit at home on their own on Christmas day having cancelled family plans?

Like **** they did!! And if they did they're a fool. I'll he enjoying Christmas as per usual with my family and saying a big **** you to 2020 next week too.

No I'm just not interested in reading any tweet you link as you posted false tweets before. As for playing the man, it's a tactic you engage in on a frequent basis to the point you even attribute something to a poster they never said.
    Before Mod intervention I will be pointing the above account on ignore .

Have you ever made a valid point? You generally come on and badger people who you don't agree with. You rarely address the point. Usually say "no evidence" despite only ever providing anecdotal evidence in the form of a family member who may are may not exist. You constantly try to undermine public health professionals and their advice. To what end?

Country is in a crisis. People actually want to discuss what we should do about it because this isn't working. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

MarkY91 wrote: »
    The only one ruining your Christmas is yourself. Do you think anyone is going to sit at home on their own on Christmas day having cancelled family plans?

Like **** they did!! And if they did they're a fool. I'll he enjoying Christmas as per usual with my family and saying a big **** you to 2020 next week too.
    Some people intend to ruin January, February and March instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

So we are nowhere close to capacity then. Excellent news. Strange that we are locking down though.

After all this time you and the rest of the **** the restrictions brigade still can`t grasp the reasons for them can you Jackieboy? Jesus wept.:rolleyes:

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Was always the danger

Rising patient numbers and declining staff numbers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    One of the reasons that non covid care has to shut down so often. Even at 200 cases a day Irish hospitals were cancelling day procedures.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Before Mod intervention I will be putting the above account on ignore .
    Have you ever made a valid point? You generally come on and badger people who you don't agree with. You rarely address the point. Usually say "no evidence" despite only ever providing anecdotal evidence in the form of a family member who may are may not exist. You constantly try to undermine public health professionals and their advice. To what end?

Country is in a crisis. People actually want to discuss what we should do about it because this isn't working. Grow up.
    Did either of you ever bother reading the OP?

If you cannot interact in a civil manner, do not post

Discuss the topic, not other users

You are both heading for threadbans if you cannot remain civil and on-topic

Ficheall wrote: »
    Some people intend to ruin January, February and March instead.

It's the virus which is going to ruin Jan/Feb/ March this constant willingness to find someone to blame is futile.
    40 doctors from UCHG all in self isolation, whose fault is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It's the virus which is going to ruin Jan/Feb/ March this constant willingness to find someone to blame is futile.
    40 doctors from UCHG all in self isolation, whose fault is that?

No your wrong.
    People are transmitting the virus.
    The virus is going to spread if people allow it to spread, that’s the whole idea of stopping people mixing, so that the virus can’t spread and we protect our health service.
    So the previous poster is correct, people who are mixing when they shouldn’t be are helping the virus to spread which is leading to more and longer lockdowns.
    I mean it’s fairly simple to understand really.

Why does 40 Doctors need to isolate?

Sounds like a joke if it wasn't true ,is there no test they can take?

tom1ie wrote: »
    No your wrong.
    People are transmitting the virus.
    The virus is going to spread if people allow it to spread, that’s the whole idea of stopping people mixing, so that the virus can’t spread and we protect our health service.
    So the previous poster is correct, people who are mixing when they shouldn’t be are helping the virus to spread which is leading to more and longer lockdowns.
    I mean it’s fairly simple to understand really.

Well of course people are spreading it, it's a respiratory illness and breathing is necessary. I don't agree with this willingness to find scapegoats at every opportunity. You should look at the infection rate of HCW do you blame them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

I really think they can't deny the correlation between the huge rise in numbers and the amount of people who have travelled back from England in the last 3 weeks . But poor aul paddy who has been locked up for 6 weeks is to blame for going out and doing his Christmas shopping , We will now pay for the government's refusal to police the borders and ensure people arriving in where isolating,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Why don't we have a covid dedicated hospital at this stage? It seems like pure madness/stupidity to have every hospital looking after patients with covid and therfore increasing the chances of the inevitable spread of it throughout the hospital

Why don't we have a covid dedicated hospital at this stage? It seems like pure madness/stupidity to have every hospital looking after patients with covid and therfore increasing the chances of the inevitable spread of it throughout the hospital

Too much trouble to get operational

A sensible suggestion, unfortunately far to sensible for the HSE to implement.

Too much trouble to get operational

How so? genuine question
    Surely there are some private facilities that could be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Why does 40 Doctors need to isolate?

Sounds like a joke if it wasn't true ,is there no test they can take?

Takes 5 days for a test to be reliable

• Advertisement

Takes 5 days for a test to be reliable

Ya thought they had a 5 minute test lol

I remember Donald trump on about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement