Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Up to 40 junior doctors at University Hospital Galway are self-isolating amid a major Covid-19 outbreak at the hospital.

Multiple senior medical sources have confirmed that scores of staff have tested positive, while others who are close contacts have been ordered to self-isolate.

There is growing anger and concern among doctors over the current crisis, which will see many doctors spend Christmas alone in rented accommodation.

I am a bit lost. All we hear from those senior medical sources is that there are not staff yet scores of staff in one hospital have Covid and need to self isolate. Are these score of staff vacancies, supernumeraries or on a wish list? We also hear that doctors or so over worked and under paid they cannot afford housing and cannot spend time with their families....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Up to 40 junior doctors at University Hospital Galway are self-isolating amid a major Covid-19 outbreak at the hospital.

Multiple senior medical sources have confirmed that scores of staff have tested positive, while others who are close contacts have been ordered to self-isolate.

There is growing anger and concern among doctors over the current crisis, which will see many doctors spend Christmas alone in rented accommodation.

That has to be a kick in the gut for them. The one time they may get some time off and relax and they can't even do that.

I can completely understand the anger and frustration. Another time of the year would be bearable, but Christmas is going to be tough.
    I'd imagine them being Junior Doctors they would have young kids etc... just compounds things.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Wolf359f wrote: »
    That has to be a kick in the gut for them. The one time they may get some time off and relax and they can't even do that.

I can completely understand the anger and frustration. Another time of the year would be bearable, but Christmas is going to be tough.
    I'd imagine them being Junior Doctors they would have young kids etc... just compounds things.

Or they're just kids themselves who need support from those close to them at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Your mates sound likes a load of knobs

For getting private tests ahead of meeting up with family?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What time is presser today? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Happy Christmas , everyone ! Hope whatever you are doing today you all enjoy the day x

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

For getting private tests ahead of meeting up with family?

I thought only 2 of them had private tests and the rest were identified as close contacts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Our government has left the general population of our country open to the virus by leaving people fly in without testing them for the virus and also flying them in to spread it from london without enforcing quarantine

Government policy is to leave the borders open

For good or bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

DOCARCH wrote: »

It's going to be rolling pressers all day so just leave RTÉ News Now on and hide the remote from the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

DOCARCH wrote: »

Presser all day today... until dinner finished :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

Don't know about ye but I'm rewatching all the pressers since the start today as a marathon.

Don't know about ye but I'm rewatching all the pressers since the start today as a marathon.

Take a drink every time the next two weeks are crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Believe next two weeks are crucial was said on Boards more times than on telly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭StevenToast

But seriously..this time..the next 2 weeks are crucial.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Just put the turkey in the oven

The next 2 hours are crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fawlty682

Happy NPHET Christmas! Pubs closed St Stephens Day!Just another Friday with a turkey.Planning and Modelling has still messed up Christmas Day. Waste of time.Level 5 to Patrick’s Day. Put NPHET and experts into vaccination, doing something useful and forget about numbers and models. Stay off radio and news and celebrate Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just put the turkey in the oven

The next 2 hours are crucial

Stay safe !!!

Just looking at the news from home and think we are not that bad here, hopefully vaccines will sort out all this shīt !

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/breaking-czech-republic-to-enter-highest-level-of-anti-covid-measures-from-friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Is that live mass on rte one? They're singing on TV. They shouldn't be singing, should they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is that live mass on rte one? They're singing on TV. They shouldn't be singing, should they?

Why can you catch it through the telly? :eek:
    Switch it off quick!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I thought only 2 of them had private tests and the rest were identified as close contacts?

Read what I said again. The only person I know is the one who had the brain dead party in his shed. The other 16 at it are his employees or people he encounters through his business. I'd only know one or two of them from brief introductions over the years.

Any of my mates went the private testing route with the exception of some through thr HSE due to being close contacts in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Just looking at the news from home and think we are not that bad here, hopefully vaccines will sort out all this shīt !

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/breaking-czech-republic-to-enter-highest-level-of-anti-covid-measures-from-friday

Florists and car washes can remain open
    Very essential I presume ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Stay safe !!!

Drilling a hole in the wall now so we get to have Christmas crackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Got lots of vouchers for restaurants.

Something to look forward to next summer😀

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Florists and car washes can remain open
    Very essential I presume ?

I know, but they'll be hardly packed up with customers now. Anyway I don't understand tactics behind it either :D

At least schools being sorted properly since the start.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Happy4all wrote: »
    Got lots of vouchers for restaurants.

Something to look forward to next summer😀

Have enough hand cream to rival boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fawlty682

Heads down to Easter. Forget two weeks. Put NPHET and experts out vaccinating, doing something useful, forget the figures and statistics. After all the planning and Modelling, they messed up Christmas. It’s just another Friday with a Turkey and some beer. We will enjoy a NPHET Christmas, no Pubs, Hotels, Everything terminated. Roll on 2021. Good health to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

fawlty682 wrote: »
    Heads down to Easter. Forget two weeks. Put NPHET and experts out vaccinating, doing something useful, forget the figures and statistics. After all the planning and Modelling, they messed up Christmas. It’s just another Friday with a Turkey and some beer. We will enjoy a NPHET Christmas, no Pubs, Hotels, Everything terminated. Roll on 2021. Good health to all.

Someone is on the Sherry early.

I do hope you are joking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Just found out my 96 year old granny, who had covid back in April but remained almost completely asymptomatic, was told yesterday she’ll be getting her first jab on Jan 21st. Nice bit of decent news for Christmas :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement