Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

El Sueño wrote: »
    Christmas day is different

I see that I'm pissing against the wind here though so I'll leave it at that

It's not different. People have the same responsibilities on Xmas day as any other. Could I drink drive today and say "ah sure it's grand cause it's Xmas"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Pcgamer wrote: »
    I know there's mixed opinions on schools but my opinion is there seriously hindering the stats to justify them been open.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/covid-19-50-increase-detected-in-schools-following-mass-testing-last-week-1.4444667

So there is 1.2 million people in full-time education in Ireland and according to this 94 tested positive out of 2800 people.

So let's do 1,200,000 divided by 2800 and multiplied by 94 which gives 40285 currently active cases in schools and imagine the number of parents siblings infected because of this and they hide these numbers as well as community transmission.

No but the schools are fine and not spreading the virus. Let's bankrupt people instead.

Hasn't this been debunked already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Has it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Has it?

Afaik yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

MOR316 wrote: »
    It's Christmas day... You're spending it, spying on your neighbours.

In the interests of criticising the post and not the poster, that is a pathetic post and I genuinely feel sorry for it.

Yes I'm spying on them :rolleyes:

I should just close my sitting room curtains and pretend it's all an illusion.

I could care less what they do usually tbh but we are smack bang in the middle of a pandemic and their actions effect everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Well give us the jist of it?

ElJeffe wrote: »

I could care less what they do usually tbh but we are smack bang in the middle of a pandemic and their actions effect everyone.

Why don't you get a bottle of wine and head over and enjoy the day with them? Only live once.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Why don't you get a bottle of wine and head over and enjoy the day with them? Only live once.

YOLO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Ah come on, you're fairly clued in to what they're doing. You're keeping tabs on your neighbour on Christmas day and posting about it on an internet forum. I know which neighbour I'd get to know if I had to choose between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

was there a county breakdown of cases today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Well give us the jist of it?

Sure why don't you just apply the general population positivity rate to our 5 million population while we are at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Acey10 wrote: »
    was there a county breakdown of cases today?

No, only updates are the numbers infected, deaths and hospital data

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Sure why don't you just apply the general population positivity rate to our 5 million population while we are at it.

Its common sense with schools, crowded enviroment which id my number one reasoning.

The whole population are not in a crowded environment so pointless to say that.

The 1000 numbers today is probably only 10% or less of the actual people infected.

No one knows !!!! Why do people continually think schools are not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Its common sense with schools, crowded enviroment which id my number one reasoning.

The whole population are not in a crowded environment so pointless to say that.

The 1000 numbers today is probably only 10% or less of the actual people infected.

No one knows !!!! Why do people continually think schools are not an issue.

So, in addition to 1 in every 600 people contacting Covid yesterday, as one poster suggested, you think at least a further 1 in every 500 people in the country contracted it today. At this rate we will all have had it by new years.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Closing in on China's total '' declared'' cased. Should overtake them within two days. If we have found 85,000 cases, then the likelihood is we must have had 500,000 plus cases in this country, people who had it, never knew it, but recovered. A lot of immunity out there already, a lot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    So, in addition to 1 in every 600 people contacting Covid yesterday, as one poster suggested, you think at least a further 1 in every 500 people in the country contracted it today. At this rate we will all have had it by new years.

Anti-vaxxers will be safe so :D

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Common sense needs to prevail here. Most people are asymtomatic. The numbers im saying are over a weekly period so perhaps 6000 cases a day. This is not a constant 6000 cases constantly and I repeat this.

Common sense needs to prevail here. Most people are asymtomatic. The numbers im saying are over a weekly period so perhaps 6000 cases a day.

If that's the case, shouldn't we see much higher positivity rate?

Common sense needs to prevail here. Most people are asymtomatic. The numbers im saying are over a weekly period so perhaps 6000 cases a day. This is not a constant 6000 cases constantly and I repeat this.

That post makes no sense, common or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

wadacrack wrote: »
    and the highest growth rate per day. The irony of people posting on a Covid forum complaining about RTE news releasing the numbers is pretty odd tbh
    Means very little.
    If for instance we had 5 cases yesterday and 15 today thats a 200% increase.
    the point im making is we were coming from a low starting figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its easy to have the highest growth rate in the EU when we had the lowest cases per capita in the EU for quite a while

xhomelezz wrote: »
    If that's the case, shouldn't we see much higher positivity rate?

Yea I'm trying to work my head around the numbers. All I know is its much higher than the 1000 a day.

The 42000 in schools could be realistic with younger parents showing no symptoms either.

Its honestly anyones guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

My immediate neighbours house today. Four different families all inside from about 2pm and still there now. Having dinner I'm guessing plenty of music and singing anyway. Its a small 3 bed house and they have no windows at the front open.

You think people would just for the sake of everyone not be a complete bollox for a day and put the greater good first. Funny thing they both own a restaurant and himself was only last week having a go at "da gubbeermint" for the way they've handled the crisis.

The lack of self awareness is astounding

Very sad post. Jaysus, the life must be twitched out of the curtains.

Nothing else to be at no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Yea I'm trying to work my head around the numbers. All I know is its much higher than the 1000 a day.

The 42000 in schools could be realistic with younger parents showing no symptoms either.

Its honestly anyones guess

Think about it. If your theory is correct, schools would reached natural herd immunity in a month. They have been open many months now.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Even better, just test 1 person with symptoms and achieve a 100% positivity rate, which going by that poster would translate into 100% of the population having covid.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Think about it. If your theory is correct, schools would reached natural herd immunity in a month. They have been open many months now.

Yea I'm 100% getting what your saying.

I just think the asymtomatic cases completely outweigh the people getting tested including parents of school children especially.

Id love if they decided to test every school in one week but would never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Means very little.
    If for instance we had 5 cases yesterday and 15 today thats a 200% increase.
    the point im making is we were coming from a low starting figure.
    Well, if everyone else spread it as much as those 5 cases, it would mean 1215 cases in four days, so I guess we have to hope everyone else exercises a bit more caution than the first 5 people..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Very sad post. Jaysus, the life must be twitched out of the curtains.

Nothing else to be at no?

Very sad reality is, if certain amount of population decides to do whatever they want to, cuz limiting social contacts is bullshīt, we all pay for it, simple. But I get your point too, posting something like that doesn't look nice.

• Advertisement

Read the article, they have purchased 65mil and have received zero so far. It's just an agreement to buy them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement