Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Stheno wrote: »
    Think you've got all those figures wrong

5.68% of 2500 is 142

Age demographics would also need to be factored in
    Yep. Apologies, I was using a 14 day projection of 4,900

Wave-1v2.png
    That's it broken down with age demographics.
    Obviously the high hospitalization in the 0-4 year group was as a precaution early on. First wave obviously was lack of testing in the community, I would assume patients presenting with symptoms were tested in hospital, so even though the number of cases would have been higher, the number hospitalized would be closer to the correct number.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Wave-1v2.png
    That's it broken down with age demographics.
    Obviously the high hospitalization in the 0-4 year group was as a precaution early on. First wave obviously was lack of testing in the community, I would assume patients presenting with symptoms were tested in hospital, so even though the number of cases would have been higher, the number hospitalized would be closer to the correct number.

I think your percentages for wave 2 for at least ICU is also wrong compared to your previous post. Totalled instead of averaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Stheno wrote: »
    I think your percentages for wave 2 for at least ICU is also wrong compared to your previous post. Totalled instead of averaged?

Thanks for spotting that, it was the % based on hospitalization and not cases. I've corrected the image now. It was just a rush job to see the difference.

hmmm wrote: »
    But it's a minor nuisance, so based on what we suspect happened with this something has changed in how our immune system reacts to it.

I'd prefer to get a vaccination and some level of antibodies, and only then get Covid or a variant rather than get the novel virus. We might not know exactly what happens, but there's a reasonable chance the pre-existing immunity will prevent or moderate illness.

The likelihood actually is that oc43 caused the Russian “flu”. The virus then became endemic an milder ( or the reaction to the virus became miler because we were all exposed early in our lives)

I'm not following you. How could x10 mean we had 2 million in spring? We have 85,000 to date and we had 20,000 at the beginning of May.

z10 is a rough estimate but if you look at the above there is no plausibiity problem with x10.

If we are at 10x now, we were at 50x in spring if you look at the death rates. It is completely implausible we are at 10x or anything close at the moment. It was plausible in spring, but probably only 5-6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Thanks for spotting that, it was the % based on hospitalization and not cases. I've corrected the image now. It was just a rush job to see the difference.

Thanks for posting them up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Could the 5km rule be imposed again?

NPHET will try alright

I don't think there will be as much cooperation next time around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    NPHET will try alright

I never will play the wild rover no more (if NPHET have anything to do with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    NPHET will try alright

How many daily fatalities will it take for the co-operation?

20, 30, 40...?

Give us a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

From what I’ve heard from my Aussie connections, Australia is pretty much back to normal. Why is it that we can’t be the same, despite Australia having a larger population than us?

• Advertisement

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    From what I’ve heard from my Aussie connections, Australia is pretty much back to normal. Why is it that we can’t be the same, despite Australia having a larger population than us?

Why can’t I use oranges instead of apples in my apple pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,022 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How many daily fatalities will it take for the co-operation?

20, 30, 40...?

Give us a number.

200-400 I would think for more co-operation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New thread folks as this one is nearing 10k posts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143806

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement