Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just for your benefit so. I work in weddings. I was on the cusp of having my best ever year with a very full 2020 calendar. My income has been cut by 75% due to the pandemic. Now you've heard one person complain about their finances.

Are you struggling to get by?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

eagle eye wrote: »

Are you for real? Incomes cut by 50% and 75%, as you've been told , and you ask are people struggling.

It's well for you if a 50%+ cut in your income wouldn't cause you problems.

I think that you should probably stop digging at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I think that you should probably stop digging at this stage

He was accused of Trolling earlier, I'm beginning to think the person who made the accusation was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

How was Tony’s worrymeter this evening

• Advertisement

Wow. Just.....wow! I haven't been impacted that much either, but your ignorance of the plight of such a large proportion of our population is just staggering.

domrush wrote:
    Really showing your true colours here. And you have been the most vocal about calling out what you see as others selfishness

big syke wrote:
    Most selfish self centered post i have ever seen.
    All the self righteous hopping on board because I spoke about my own personal circumstance.

So obviously mentioning your own position is wrong nowadays.
    Who knew?
    big syke wrote:
    Or the €6.8 billion in extra funding needed to fund this (this has to be paid you know and it affects the economy)
    We paid back a hell if a lot more than that to save our own and European banks, money we didn't owe.
    Many countries are in the same boat so this money will be paid back over a long period.

iamwhoiam wrote:
    The Arts , Film Industries , theatre workers, wedding musicians , etc are in a bad way actually . I know of a few who couldn’t pay their rent and had to move back home . Just because you dont know them doesn’t mean they are not there
    Well I'm sorry to hear that. Landlords suffering too obviously.

I answered your question with my opinion, pointing out your rank hypocrisy is a statement of fact not a personal attack. If you think it was you have been attacked by multiple posters, the evidence is your post here about how you are doing ok but expect others to lockdown to protect you no matter the damage to their lives. The ultimate in selfishness. Your mask has slipped lad. If you need a random individual on an internet forum to educate you about the damage Coivd has done to society and our economy it's quite obvious you have no interest in knowing the costs but seem to be on a windup.
    Where's the hypocrisy. If you are going to accuse somebody of that then back it up.
    Accusing me of trolling is personal abuse. I've been on these threads since the start and I'm on this site for 13 years.
    Just because I mentioned my own personal situation as an aside is no reason to attack me.
    I'm well aware there are costs to shutting down but the health of the nation trumps that in my opinion.
    You never backed up your claims about serious damage being done to the economy and society. I'd guess you can't back it up with facts and figures is why you haven't responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I haven't heard one person I know complain about their finances. I know a lot of people from all sectors. Maybe there are some and they are not talking about it but I haven't heard of anybody in bad shape.
    Just for your benefit so. I work in weddings. I was on the cusp of having my best ever year with a very full 2020 calendar. My income has been cut by 75% due to the pandemic. Now you've heard one person complain about their finances.

What the literal fuuck! You seriously need to leave that bomb shelter and get out more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Stop answering, it's obvious that he is getting a kick from it.

What the literal fuuck! You seriously need to leave that bomb shelter and get out more!

He didn't say he was struggling. He left it out, I'm asking the question.

I don't just assume things like so many if you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

He didn't say he was struggling. He left it out, I'm asking the question.

I don't just assume things like so many if you.

Mind your own business . Who are you to ask someone their private business .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

On RTE News , the wonderful Prof Karina Butler , so well informed , so articulate , so calm and so reassuring .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Mind your own business . Who are you to ask someone their private business .

I'm allowed to ask anybody anything. If they don't wish to answer that's their perogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

02-12-2020-p1.jpg
    02-12-2020-p2.jpg
    02-12-2020-p3.jpg
    02-12-2020-p4.jpg
    02-12-2020-p5.jpg
    02-12-2020-p6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Spookwoman are they not giving anymore the exact number of briefing numbers and just using<5 now? Cant remember if I saw that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

speckle wrote: »
    Spookwoman are they not giving anymore the exact number of briefing numbers and just using<5 now? Cant remember if I saw that before.

It was always <5 for less than 5 cases.

speckle wrote: »
    If below 5 they give <5
    Been like that since start of briefings

Silly considering they give the correct number the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

True

They do give 0 cases alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Polar101

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    True

They do give 0 cases alright

Yeah, so <5 is actually 1, 2, 3 or 4, right?

Polar101 wrote: »
    Yeah, so <5 is actually 1, 2, 3 or 4, right?

Have been a few cases of <5 was 0 but the briefing numbers are not always correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

spookwoman wrote: »
    If below 5 they give <5
    Been like that since start of briefings

Silly considering they give the correct number the following day

Thanks... that what I am normally looking at and the hospital numbers.. makes sense to me now. I thought the only place I saw it before was on the Lea maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

is_that_so wrote: »
    Flying is not high risk says ECDC, in relation to COVID.
    Is there a link to that actual study? What I think may be the link in the article isn't loading for me.

There's a big difference in "someone travelling from Ireland to Croatia" and "someone travelling from Croatia to Ireland" in terms of risk.
    Did they ever bring in the testing at all airports in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

I'm still not seeing the €9 thing in many places.

I've booked a few places for the weekend and only one place has mentioned it, the others haven't. MM or none of the rest of them have said nothing about it

Am I missing something? :confused:

MOR316 wrote: »

I've booked a few places for the weekend and only one place has mentioned it, the others haven't. MM or none of the rest of them have said nothing about it

There's no minimum spend in a premises operating with a restaurant licence.

There's no minimum spend in a premises operating with a restaurant licence.

So I don't have to order 9 quid's worth of food?

It's bizarre reporting! Nothing is clear...Ha, then again, I shouldn't be surprised :D

So I don't have to order 9 quid's worth of food?

Bowl of soup and a pint job done.
    It's bizarre reporting! Nothing is clear...Ha, then again, I shouldn't be surprised :D

That's the idea leave you confused so you won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

Do you know if you have to eat? And if there’s a maximum stay time?

Eivor wrote: »

Maximum time is 1hr 45mins, if you are within two metres of people.
    If it's 2 metres or more, you can stay as long as you want apparently.

Basically, you're there until you decide to leave, unless someone else has booked your table

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Spain has banned inter regional travel over the christmas period..could be a lot worse lads! I take it the Spanish government will not be messing around with that ban either and it would be enforced a lot more stringently than it would be here

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Spain has banned inter regional travel over the christmas period..could be a lot worse lads! I take it the Spanish government will not be messing around with that ban either and it would be enforced a lot more stringently than it would be here

Just a question but were you posting about places in Europe that were open during the Summer whilst we were still under restrictions here?

• Advertisement

Eivor wrote: »

The premises opening on Friday will be trading as restaurants with a liquor licence so yes you are expected to eat something. No different that going into a restaurant before Covid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement