Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Links between different IT systems can always fall down.
    As a software developer, I can say that I'm happy that any of it works at all!

Knowing how some of the HSE IT systems work myself I'm surprised that their still standing.

Whoever designed their network just wasn't bothered doing it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

03-12-2020-p1.jpg
    03-12-2020-p2.jpg
    03-12-2020-p3.jpg
    03-12-2020-p4.jpg
    03-12-2020-p5.jpg
    03-12-2020-p6.jpg
    03-12-2020-p7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Polar101 wrote: »
    Maybe, but then we'd have 0 cases today and x hundred tomorrow - people would go crazy. Now it's slightly less wrong if they're missing 1/3 of the cases. Worst case scenario would have been not to mention the "glitch" at all.

We have many times added in cases from previous weeks and regularly denotify cases included in previous days "confirmed" cases. Every days case numbers seem to be skewed by something, could they not have just put another 100 on todays figure and adjust as necessary later? It would be no less accurate than what we get anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I think we have been well served by the NPHET team, I don't understand the hostility towards them.

I suspect the family of those that died in nursing homes through the incompetence of Nphet and various other bodies may disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

It seems there has been a large hospital outbreak in Kilkenny Hospital too

https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/592995/number-of-covid-patients-at-kilkenny-hospital-rises-40.html

Is that the hospital staff themselves or just patients admitted after the big school clusters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,302 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

boggerman1 wrote:
    George lee get away with your arse licking of Saint Tony.just cause you love misery doesn’t mean the rest of the population are as miserable as you

What a defiantly miserable imbecile.

I've gotten I'd advice for you, stop watching and listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Was about to take the night off from posting when I saw some great news possible cure for one of the worse side effects of covid ..

Vit C megadose.... posted here months ago about it and even a photo of the cargo containers being shipped in on trucks full of ascorbic acid to the city of orgin at the start of the year.
    Cross tthe fingers ...a game changer not just for covid. Off to find the research papers they mention unless anyone else wants to do it. ;):)

ps also posted sonewhere here a l8nk to an earlier trial where all the patients that ended up in Icu had near zero levels when tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

frank8211 wrote: »
    Is that the hospital staff themselves or just patients admitted after the big school clusters

Surely an outbreak in the hospital refers to those who picked the virus up in the hospital, be they staff or patients. Woundnt make sense to include people who have the virus already and then ended up in hospital.

speckle wrote:
    Vit C megadose.... posted here months ago about it and even a photo of the cargo containers being shipped in on trucks full of ascorbic acid to the city of orgin at the start of the year. Cross tthe fingers ...a game changer not just for covid. Off to find the research papers they mention unless anyone else wants to do it.
    Sweet, between the couple of oranges I eat daily and my vitamin d pills I should be in good shape if I happened to contract it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

A decent backlog is needed to coincide with the gastro pubs & restaurants re-opening tomorrow. Intimidate more people into staying at home.
    When do you think they are planning to release this big deluge of numbers?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sweet, between the couple of oranges I eat daily and my vitamin d pills I should be in good shape if I happened to contract it.
    Well it or supplements would give you a good base line possibly for a milder case but we are talking mega doses if in ICU. Just counted I have 90 odd oranges in the house and some lemons but at less a thousand or so short for a megadose :)
    Folks do not try this at home with that much oranges you would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I see Paul Reid is calling hugging an 'extreme risk' (RTE).

Can see it being potentially risky to an extent, but a quick hug doesn't seem to be up there with spending a significant amount of time with somebody in the same place?

I guess you are not familiar inverse-squared laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Had a restaurant booking tomorrow but decided to cancel. Too dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

SPDUB wrote: »
    It took 3 days to fix an issue in part of the IT system of the company I work for only last year and that was a well established system

vodafone went down the eve of the late late toy show, the stress levels.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

speckle wrote: »
    Well it or supplements would give you a good base line possibly for a milder case but we are talking mega doses if in ICU. Just counted I have 90 odd oranges in the house and some lemons but at less a thousand or so short for a megadose :)
    Folks do not try this at home with that much oranges you would explode.

Your body excreets excess Vitamin C anyway so I don't see the point of megadoses.

Red and green peppers, broccoli and the good ole spud are another great source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Any details on the nature of the 'IT Glitch'?

Smart move I think.

Even my friend who owns a restuarant said he doesn't expect many takers over the next couple of months, probably a bit right before Christmas. He said he wouldn't be near a restaurant himself if it wasn't his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭prunudo

Knowing how some of the HSE IT systems work myself I'm surprised that their still standing.

Whoever designed their network just wasn't bothered doing it right.

Seems par for the course where the Hse and operating systems are concerned.

Also that IT glitch is timed ideally to scare the public with a big number tomorrow to coincide with the opening of pubs and restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Is this sarcasm or serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

eagle eye wrote: »
    Smart move I think.

Even my friend who owns a restuarant said he doesn't expect many takers over the next couple of months, probably a bit right before Christmas. He said he wouldn't be near a restaurant himself if it wasn't his business.

Ya...I'm not sure you've tapped into the mood of the nation on this occasion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 diaper dude

Is this sarcasm or serious?

Think they're joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well I'm going eating and drinking. **** it, if I die I die

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Well if you're correct about the "mood of the nation" then you've just proved his point.

Smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well I'm going eating and drinking. **** it, if I die I die

RIP

So you are saying my restaurant owning friend, 35 years in the business, hasn't either?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

prunudo wrote: »
    Seems par for the course where the Hse and operating systems are concerned.

Also that IT glitch is timed ideally to scare the public with a big number tomorrow to coincide with the opening of pubs and restaurants.

If they are so nefarious why did they even tell us about the IT glitch in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Arghus wrote: »
    If they are so nefarious why did they even tell us about the IT glitch in the first place?

You're saying the IT glitch is a distraction for the real conspiracy?

Interesting. Deeper and deeper we go.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Your body excreets excess Vitamin C anyway so I don't see the point of megadoses.

Red and green peppers, broccoli and the good ole spud are another great source.

The mega doses are an ICU treatment hence my warning not to bother trying at home. Good to get a good baseline if deficent. Thanks for the rest of the list had forgotten about the humble spud.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

US saw deaths reach over 3,000 yesterday (3,157) for the first time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/03/us-logs-a-record-3157-coronavirus-deaths-in-one-day
    The US recorded its highest daily number of coronavirus deaths on Wednesday, as the number of people admitted to hospital with Covid exceeded 100,000 for the first time since the pandemic began.

According to the Johns Hopkins University tracker, 3,157 new deaths were recorded on Wednesday, more than the number of people killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The previous high was the 2,607 deaths recorded on 15 April, at the beginning of the pandemic.

There were 200,070 new cases on Wednesday, only the second time that new cases had exceeded 200,000. With the total caseload now standing at 13,911,728, the US is expected to record its 14-millionth case on Thursday, and experts predict the death toll could reach nearly 450,000 by the end of February.

The deaths, cases and hospitalizations showed a country slipping deeper into crisis, with perhaps the worst yet to come, in part because of the delayed effects from Thanksgiving last week, when millions of Americans disregarded warnings to stay home and celebrate only with members of their household.

Across the US, the surge has swamped hospitals and left nurses and other healthcare workers shorthanded and burned out.

“The reality is December and January and February are going to be rough times. I actually believe they are going to be the most difficult time in the public health history of this nation,” Dr Robert Redfield, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Wombatman wrote: »
    Any details on the nature of the 'IT Glitch'?

Think it was a virus

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement