Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIX-85,394 ROI(2,200 deaths) 62,723 NI (1,240 deaths) (26/12) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Had a restaurant booking tomorrow but decided to cancel. Too dangerous.

Are you trying to get people to cancel so you can book a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You're saying the IT glitch is a distraction for the real conspiracy?

Interesting. Deeper and deeper we go.

Obviously the IT glitch is just a cover story so that people will have an easily explainable reason for a potential increase in numbers tomorrow....?

Seems that if you're trying to pull the wool over people's eyes then you probably wouldn't volunteer how and why you're going to do it first.

But forget logic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

eagle eye wrote: »
    Smart move I think.

Even my friend who owns a restuarant said he doesn't expect many takers over the next couple of months, probably a bit right before Christmas. He said he wouldn't be near a restaurant himself if it wasn't his business.

Must be some kip if he isn't filling it all the rest of this month.

Rang round a few places today. Booked up to the bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I presume with this IT glitch, tomorrow they will report the correct figure for today, and then the actual figure for tommorrow, rather than adding the lost figures from today to tomorrow's score and causing unnecessary concern for George.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Don't know why people are so hung up on backlogs or cases being held back etc.

Personally couldn't give a rats, if they dropped 10,000 cases from a backlog tomorrow evening.

Also the complaining about George Lee is a bit tiresome, just switch over. or better yet do yourself a favor and don't tune into them at all

Those NPHET briefings and the follow up from George Lee are as predictable as Mass. Just boring at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I presume with this IT glitch, tomorrow they will report the correct figure for today, and then the actual figure for tommorrow, rather than adding the lost figures from today to tomorrow's score and causing unnecessary concern for George.
    You and I both know the answer to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Must be some kip if he isn't filling it all the rest of this month.

Rang round a few places today. Booked up to the bollix.

In fairness, a quality restaurant near me has decided not to open this side of the new year as the owners felt it was unsafe. They have a deli and coffee shop that they are operating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "Stark warning from Philip Nolan.

If R number goes to 2 over Christmas... we could see 800-1,200 cases per day by mid-January.

Holohan says modelling data is what could happen. “We’re not trying to scare people... we’re implying very small changes to R number that we had before we went to Level 5.”

Not trying to scare people lol

Yeah right of course they are

Was anyone expecting anything apart from another spike in Jan?

boggerman1 wrote: »
    He was a disgrace again today on news at one finding as much problems as possible with the vaccines.he’s a joke now

George is a c**t on the numbers. Can we all agree on that. Can we all, with all opinions agree to stop talking about what George says and just talk about facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    In fairness, a quality restaurant near me has decided not to open this side of the new year as the owners felt it was unsafe. They have a deli and coffee shop that they are operating though.

Every restaurant in my hometown is reopening Friday including one new restaurant.
    I had to ring 9 restaurants before I could get a booking for Saturday. I have no doubt they will operate safely. My experience before they were forced shut was they were adhering to the advice and protecting their staff and customers.
    I suspect the restaurant you are talking about can afford to keep the doors locked because of their other income streams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Sweet, between the couple of oranges I eat daily and my vitamin d pills I should be in good shape if I happened to contract it.

If you contract Covid, there's no hope for the rest of us to avoid it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

George is a c**t on the numbers. Can we all agree on that. Can we all, with all opinions agree to stop talking about what George says and just talk about facts

Lee was a good correspondent for Economics but far too driven by hysteria to report on Covid objectively. I for the life of don't understand why the actual Health correspondent Bowers has taken a back seat and allowed Lee to muscle in.

Lee was a good correspondent for Economics but far too driven by hysteria to report on Covid objectively. I for the life of don't understand why the actual Health correspondent Bowers has taken a back seat and allowed Lee to muscle in.

Bowers has been pretty excellent throughout to be fair. Plain and simple facts with some balanced analysis.

RTÉ have a thing for the likes or George Lee and Teresa Mannion who become part of the story however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

People who are in a hurry to go to busy restaurants are the same kind of people who queue outside pennies at 4.30 in the morning.

Prove me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yes will be interesting to see which way they report alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Well it would be nice if the damage is 90% lower again from x amount of people. I say people not to disrespect those who pass away.
    New simple workable treatment breakthroughs would be nice too and at home good rapid tests and a simpke cheap t cell test and...I feel like making a list for the red one who I dont believe in anyhow. If you know what I mean like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Van.Bosch wrote: »

There will be a spike in January alright

Just remains to be seen how much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

People who are in a hurry to go to busy restaurants are the same kind of people who queue outside pennies at 4.30 in the morning.

Prove me wrong

Well I going to a pub serving food on Saturday to watch the All Ireland Semi Final but I've never bought anything in Penneys let alone queue outside it.

Guess that's one person who's proved you wrong

ShyMets wrote: »
    Well I going to a pub serving food on Saturday to watch the All Ireland Semi Final but I've never bought anything in Penneys let alone queue outside it.

I'm not necessarily saying you've ever set foot in a Penney's (thanks for subtly correcting my spelling), I'm saying you're compelled by the same psychological forces that drives a person to queue outside a shopping center at 4.30 in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Prove me wrong

So people follow restrictions for months, they are lifted, probably for a few weeks due to having one of the lowest rates in Europe and you still want them to stay at home. These people are doing nothing wrong but still we have posters here judging them. Its all pretty pathetic and miserable at this stage.

• Advertisement

Prove me wrong

Me and my family will go for breakfast Saturday morning in a local restaurant. Absolutely nothing wrong with that

• Registered Users Posts: 38,305 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

niallo27 wrote:
    So people follow restrictions for months, they are lifted, probably for a few weeks due to having one of the lowest rates in Europe and you still want them to stay at home. These people are doing nothing wrong but still we have posters here judging them. Its all pretty pathetic and miserable at this stage.

I'm struggled ng to understand how you took this out of the post you quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I'm not necessarily saying you've ever set foot in a Penney's (thanks for subtly correcting my spelling), I'm saying you're compelled by the same psychological forces that drives a person to queue outside a shopping center at 4.30 in the morning

The only psychological forces compelling me is to meet with my Brother and Nephew to watch the game. We could meet in a house but we're following Dr Tony's advice by avoiding household settings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

George Lee on the 9 o clock news just now: "NPHET have confirmed that they're worried"

He also reported that the sky is blue and grass is green

Keep it up George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm listening to him now on the 9.00 News, I watched the whole press briefing this evening and I don't think that either Philip Nolan or Tony Holohan were anywhere near as negative as Lee is suggesting in his little chat with Eileen Dunne.

George Lee on the 9 o clock news just now: "NPHET have confirmed that they're worried"

He also reported that the sky is blue and grass is green

Keep it up George

Why don't you stop watching him if he annoys you?

Me and my family will go for breakfast Saturday morning in a local restaurant. Absolutely nothing wrong with that

Nothing wrong with going to Penney's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Why don't you stop watching him if he annoys you?

Such a lazy argument. Yawn

Such a lazy argument. Yawn
    Argument, it's a genuine question.
    If I don't like something I avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ShyMets wrote: »

In fairness I am not sure he is talking about you as you are going for a specific reason of watching a match I believe he means those who will be waiting for the doors to open and try to rush in on Friday. I have no problems with them open and so should the so called wet pubs as long as done so safely

Edit Maybe I was wrong about the poster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement