Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geese

Options
  • 28-11-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just wondering is there a market for live geese? Getting a few geese in the spring and would like to know what lads are doing. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

When you say live geese what age are you talking about, and what purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Geese only lay a few eggs and are just for the Christmas market in place of a turkey. Ducks lay lots of eggs that you can sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Water John wrote: »
    Geese only lay a few eggs and are just for the Christmas market in place of a turkey. Ducks lay lots of eggs that you can sell.

Ah but you won’t get a golden egg from a duck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Hi. Just wondering is there a market for live geese? Getting a few geese in the spring and would like to know what lads are doing. Thanks

Physically hard to kill , emotionally hard to kill, hard to pluck. All frame and no meat.
    Far too nice of a creature for us so the geese we have now are lawnmowers and pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Was thinking of getting a few geese and gander to raise geese and to sell live. Is there a market for forward store geese!!! Raise chickens here and the kids love them. Another mad notion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Remember being afraid of the gander when I was young. The fecker caught my mother with his beak and beat her with his wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Water John wrote: »
    Remember being afraid of the gander when I was young. The fecker caught my mother with his beak and beat her with his wings.

Goose wrangling skills are nearly a lost art ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

How much is a fat goose worth live?

Advertisement