Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accom & Property Ban

Options
  • 28-11-2020 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have to query an abrupt and bizarre forum ban for 2 days, thread ban for a week.

A poster in the main, general discussion thread was posting nonsense, irrelevant conspiracy theories as they refuse to engage with a poster's posts they don't agree with. That poster posts relevant posts and links though there are plenty who disagree.

I think it is ridiculous to cry about the breadth of opinions we get when posting on boards.ie, which are definitely lacking on the likes of twitter; why use it if dealing with different opinions is annoying?

My offending post was to quote and question the nonsense post, which is clearly not relevant to the thread, but is sitting there available to be replied to. I also then suggested the poster try using twitter as it is possible to block people you dont like replying to.

Why is there a thread ban for a week without reason or info on how to appeal (so I replied to the post) and a 2 day forum ban for replying to ask why? It felt knee jerk and thoughtless from Graham, the username for the relevant moderator of A&P.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread will deal with your forum ban. Have you attempted to resolve this (and/or indeed the threadban) with the mod via PM? That's the first step in the dispute process

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

OP has closed their account.

DRP therefore closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement