Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Banned from Coronaviris forum

Options
  • 29-11-2020 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

I got threadbanned from the main Covid 19 thread but there is around a thousand posts a day in that thread so I didn’t see the mods notification of this. It’s hard to keep up with all posts due to the sheer volume of them. I didn’t get a PM informing me of this either

As a result I’ve been forum banned for posting in the thread again and ignoring a moderators instruction. I’m not appealing the threadban p, that’s fair but my issue is with the forum ban for the reason I outlined above, I didn’t blatantly ignore the moderator.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

That's the first step in the dispute process

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

That's the first step in the dispute process

Have sent a PM yes but not received a reply yet. Do I have to wait until the Mod responds to take it up here?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From the flowchart at the head of the forum (or the sticky if on Touch)
    If you have an issue with a ban or infraction, the first thing you should always do is PM the Mod(s) of the forum and ask for clarification on what’s gone wrong.
    Please don’t expect an answer straight away, Mods are volunteers and are not always in a position to deal with your issue. Give it at least a day.

I would suggest you familiarise yourself with the whole process as set out in those two places

Beasty wrote: »
    From the flowchart at the head of the forum (or the sticky if on Touch)

I would suggest you familiarise yourself with the whole process as set out in those two places

Yes ok so I contacted the mid last night so I’ll wait until say tomorrow evening and if nothing comes by them I’ll come back here.

Is that reasonable?

Yes that's more than reasonable

Thanks

• Advertisement

This has been resolved now.

Just a point on the particular thread in question. There were 1200 posts between the one thread banning me and my next post. Due to the volume of posting it’s easy to miss posts which happened here and as a consequence I got a forum ban for ignoring mod instructions.

Maybe on threads with high post volumes these bans could be issued by PM?

Thanks - marking resolved

I will pick up your comment about threadbans with the forum mods

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement