Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mairead Philpott freed after serving half her sentence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

No need, but some men are awful and most murders of children are the result of their pathologic hatred.

I do realise that mothers can kill and all that, but that is usually mental illness related. Whereas men just do it because they want to be in control.

Love this. Men kill because they are evil and want to be in control. Women kill because of mental illness. Glad this has been settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

No need, but some men are awful and most murders of children are the result of their pathologic hatred.

I do realise that mothers can kill and all that, but that is usually mental illness related. Whereas men just do it because they want to be in control.

What a dreadfully ill informed post.

You are close to some sort of truth however, all people who kill and particularly those who kill children are in some way mentally ill. To attempt to defend female murderers as having no agency over themselves whilst male murderers kill to fulfil a need to he in control is just an insane statement that is in its own way extremely misogynistic.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

nullzero wrote: »
    What a dreadfully ill informed post.

You are close to some sort of truth however, all people who kill and particularly those who kill children are in some way mentally ill. To attempt to defend female murderers as having no agency over themselves whilst male murderers kill to fulfil a need to he in control is just an insane statement that is in its own way extremely misogynistic.

It is true though. Rebut if you can.

°°°°°

Sorry the burden of proof lies with you.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

What an unbelievably sexist post, can you imagine saying this about women.

No, its never because women want control or are psychopaths, its always the man, the evil man.

This type of mentality towards men nowadays really needs to be challenged, not just in the judicial system but in society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Will try to respect your feelings next time

It's rare to find a female murderer without a dominant male accomplice. There's no doubt they exist and you'll come up with lots of examples, but for every single one there's millions of male murderers, it's about 80% male worldwide and that's a raw fact that can't be argued with.

It's so rare and infrequent that female murderers will always attract media attention and disproportionate disgust, a bit like the London cyclist that killed a pedestrian, huge media reports and attention while motorists killed 100+% more pedestrians in the same year.

You are the one making the claim, you prove it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Anyone who kills we can assume is probably f***ed up in the head, man or woman. You're trying to soften the severity of a someone burning 6 children to death because they are a woman. As I said to a previous poster, go away with that sh**e.

The fact that someone would do that to their own child we cannot assume they would have respect for anyone else's life. Society needs to be protected from her by locking her up for the rest of her life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Love this. Men kill because they are evil and want to be in control. Women kill because of mental illness. Glad this has been settled.

It’s scary that some of these people get to sit on juries !!!

What an unbelievably sexist post, can you imagine saying this about women.

No, its never because women want control or are psychopaths, its always the man, the evil man.

This type of mentality towards men nowadays really needs to be challenged, not just in the judicial system but in society.

Cannot see anything to agree with you there, sorry.

The man who took his kids in the car and strangled them, tick

The man who took his little girl in Cork and killed her, tick

And so on. They were incarcerated in general jail, not CMH as far as I know. Bastards and controllers the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Wow, defending Rose West.

Lots of women have been the victims of such abuse and haven't murdered children. Plenty of experts have agreed that Rose West was and remains every bit as evil as Fred.

While we're at it let's defend Fred West, he supposedly sustained a head injury as a young man in a motorcycle accident, had a reasonably crap upbringing in his own right, surely what he did wasn't his fault.

People who are party to the killing of others, particularly children are not worthy of having the freedom to live within society, letting this woman back into society at any point is a mistake and any attempt to defend somebody in that situation is likely to be met with disdain, I think the arguments being put forward about her level of intelligence perhaps cuts both ways, I doubt she has the capacity to reform in any meaningful way.
    How in the name of God are you getting that I'm defending Rose West!? I'm suggesting that to to use the defense of low IQ to Phillpott means it should have been extended to West. Or that of control to Hindley (which was tried, only for the existence of the torture tape in which she featured, not her side kick, we'd probably be having this discussion about her, IQ aside). None of these women have a defense for what they did. Some things are hard wired into us and operate beyond things like IQ or being on the spectrum or having an abusive childhood or being under the sway of a controlling bully. Like protecting children. Like laying down your own life for your own young. All these women lack that. Being evil, or sociopathic is not related to IQ or being abused

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

There are lads who have served double, triple, quadruple that for dealing drugs.

And so on. They were incarcerated in general jail, not CMH as far as I know. Bastards and controllers the lot of them.

And what about the female nurse who murdered her 2 kids earlier this year along with many other cases in this country over the last while involving women.

You are an utter misandrist. Stop embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,305 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sarcozies wrote: »
    There are lads who have served double, triple, quadruple that for dealing drugs.

As they should.

A fooking cancer on society.. widespread devastation caused.

But yes, this evil woman deserved minimum 30 years IMO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Gervais08 wrote: »
    It’s scary that some of these people get to sit on juries !!!

Between that and the lunatics advocating for forced sterilisation of the welfare class (you yourself seem to support the "kick to the womb" approach) there's not many in this thread you'd want on any jury tbh.

°°°°°

Try this case out so... https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TcwKkouy6kyYPTiTsxNzclMVEipTC0CAGVCCDY&q=amelia+dyer&oq=amelia&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i273j0i67j46i67j0i271.2915j0j7&client=ms-android-motorola-gfw&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Amelia Dyer, Victorian nanny who strangled hundreds of babies to death.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

In these kinds of threads where a mother has killed/helped to kill her children there are always posters bending over backwards to shift the responsibility elsewhere. It's really quite concerning.

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Between that and the lunatics advocating for forced sterilisation of the welfare class (you yourself seem to support the "kick to the womb" approach) there's not many in this thread you'd want on any jury tbh.

I’ve reported this anyway but out of curiosity please show me demonstrating support for said theory.

°°°°°

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How in the name of God are you getting that I'm defending Rose West!? I'm suggesting that to to use the defense of low IQ to Phillpott means it should have been extended to West. Or that of control to Hindley (which was tried, only for the existence of the torture tape in which she featured, not her side kick, we'd probably be having this discussion about her, IQ aside). None of these women have a defense for what they did. Some things are hard wired into us and operate beyond things like IQ or being on the spectrum or having an abusive childhood or being under the sway of a controlling bully. Like protecting children. Like laying down your own life for your own young. All these women lack that. Being evil, or sociopathic is not related to IQ or being abused

If I took you up the wrong way I apologise.

Glazers Out!

And what about the female nurse who murdered her 2 kids earlier this year along with many other cases in this country over the last while involving women.

You are an utter misandrist. Stop embarrassing yourself.

That was utterly awful. I doubt she did it because she wanted to control her husband though. Post Natal Depression maybe, but hey that is just a makey up thing. Women are dismissed stat.

Men ARE the controllers mainly. And will kill to keep that control. LLewelyn Court murders anyone?

• Advertisement

Lest anyone defend that by saying “it was a different time” I’d suggest searching for Joanna Dennehy.

But you know, maybe she was slow or a boy told her to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’ve reported this anyway but out of curiosity please show me demonstrating support for said theory.

Why would you report it?

You made the comments about others, but complain when its turned back on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

That was utterly awful. I doubt she did it because she wanted to control her husband though. Post Natal Depression maybe, but hey that is just a makey up thing. Women are dismissed stat.

Men ARE the controllers mainly. And will kill to keep that control. LLewelyn Court murders anyone?
    There are far too many cases of female nurses killing babies in hospital. There's yet another in the UK media at the moment.

anewme wrote: »
    Why would you report it?

You made the comments about others, but complain when its turned back on you.

Yes because being concerned at someone displaying sympathy for a murderer of children is the same as havjng lies told about you.

There are far too many cases of female nurses killing babies in hospital.

In fairness you are right there. Don't know why that is either.

We are talking (giving out and ranting) about the murders of children in a household though. I can only put my view out there that a lot of the tragedies are the result of men wanting to regain or sustain control through their partners/wives. There are so many incidences.

In fairness you are right there. Don't know why that is either.

We are talking (giving out and ranting) about the murders of children in a household though. I can only put my view out there that a lot of the tragedies are the result of men wanting to regain or sustain control through their partners/wives. There are so many incidences.

Bull**** misandry 101 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Why do you say post natal depression? Not that it's any kind of excuse.

Bull**** misandry 101 there.

Please go away and stop harassing me. Thank you kindly.

No need to be like that. At all, we are just discussing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Yes because being concerned at someone displaying sympathy for a murderer of children is the same as havjng lies told about you.

No lies, your posts and the posts you support speak for themselves.

In fact.... you seem more concerned that Mick did not get 'equality' .....what was it you said....female privilege.

He’s still in like - equality my arse.

She should be locked up till her miserable life is over.

• Advertisement

Why do you say post natal depression? Not that it's any kind of excuse.

Well, I have seen the effects of PND and often it is not acknowledged as a big issue for post partum women. And it can lead to very difficult issues. I have seen it in my own family. Awful stuff.

Advertisement