Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps5 disc drive issues

Options
  • 29-11-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Anyone know how to fix thus?

I turned on the console knowing a game was inside yet I couldn't start the game and when I pressed eject the disc wouldn't come out.

It happened a few days ago and I left it over night it was fine the next day. I couldn't get it going this time so I manually ejected the disc and now the drive won't accept a disc? I.e. I have to try force the disc into it. Have I made a bollocks of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Dunne1995 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix thus?

I turned on the console knowing a game was inside yet I couldn't start the game and when I pressed eject the disc wouldn't come out.

It happened a few days ago and I left it over night it was fine the next day. I couldn't get it going this time so I manually ejected the disc and now the drive won't accept a disc? I.e. I have to try force the disc into it. Have I made a bollocks of this?

I don't think you did anything wrong, how else were you supposed to get the disc out, that's what the manual eject is for, sounds like the drive was faulty already.

Try to screw the manual eject all the way to the end, i mean don't just wait until you see a part of the disc and pull it out, keep turning the screw until the disc wont come out anymore, the drive should be alligned right inside then. If there's no disc in it, keep the console off and try to offer up a disc and manually insert it, screw until it's all the way in, be careful, you'll feel a bit of resistance when the disc is all the way in, then stop! Turn it on and see if it reads/plays the game. Then try to eject it with the button.

I've repaired countless PS4 and PS3 drives, this is my best suggestion before thinking about returning it. Don't try to fix this by opening it up, it's under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Tried both without any joy - thanks for your suggestions though! Looking like I'll have to send it back to Sony tomorrow, raging!!

Advertisement