Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance disc stolen

Options
  • 29-11-2020 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys ,

I noticed this morning that the insurance discs from my Alfa 166 were missing and that someone had moved one of my old NCT discs accross into the space , I checked the car and nothing else was taken. The car has been locked but I've had an issue with one of the rear passenger door locks blipping back open at times.

What is the procedure here , inform the insurance company? Do the guards need to know I assume someone is out there attempting to fool the guards by using it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start by informing your insurer.
    You will need a new disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

While I'd inform the insurance company and the Guards I don't see any value in it?

Would have to be some real thick idiot to want a stolen insurance disk when anyone can print one off for themselves using free software - I won't explain how.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Many insurance companies just email you a copy to print yourself. It’s not rocket science to make your own if you’re that stupid. Even dumber to steal one.

Advertisement