Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Great performance. Always even more enjoyable beating Brendan and his shiny teeth.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Genuinely thought we were getting twonked today after conceding early, and it was the same Thursday night too. Twice in a week the team have done something I fully thought they were incapable of. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Superb win against an in-form Leicester. Well done Arsenal. Burnley next Saturday. COYG

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No, I know what he is doing but doesn’t sit well with me, he has done it in matches after 20 mins so not just about buying time with him. Not a big deal but just not something I like

It's funny considering this from the other night :pac:

https://twitter.com/WoolwichCannons/status/1365269674355613701?s=20

OmegaGene wrote: »
    feck sake just back from a mountain hike and looks like i missed a great game
    typical

No mountains within 5km of me, so no such temptation :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Great win, hard to pick out a player that didn’t play well tbh. Pablo Mari is really growing on me. Pepe and Willian showed their full capabilities today which was a nice change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Props to Willian stepped up today and for Mikel to trust his players for this rotation. 6 changes.

Willian in EPL 5 assists now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1sik8nX1T/?igshid=kpyzm9kvjce

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    Pepe is so much better when Bellerin is nowhere near him as well - recurring theme at this point. Our right side will be very interesting next year when we get a quality right back in.

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1366025685584801796

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Watched the match today minding my newborn little girl for her first Arsenal game and arsenal serve up a 3-1 win against a so called top 4 club.

Let's hope she is a good luck charm for us.

Sunday made...... COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Watched the match today minding my newborn little girl for her first Arsenal game and arsenal serve up a 3-1 win against a so called top 4 club.

Let's hope she is a good luck charm for us.

Sunday made...... COYG

Congrats man. I had the match on but I’m not sure how much of it I actually I saw with my 4 month old screaming down the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great win, far too nice a day to be inside today so I missed the whole lot. Looking forward to motd for a change

On today's performance alone we look light years ahead of Utd and Chelsea. Awful match they played today. Arteta said we're getting closer to the Arsenal he envisions us to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Can’t use IPTV box tonight (it’s busy!) any recipes for MOTD, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭lau1247

emmetlego wrote: »

VPN and BBC iPlayer?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

emmetlego wrote: »

Fullmatchesandshows. Com

It will have motd in a few minutes

No game for us midweek next is against Burnley this Saturday early kick off then off to Europa next Thursday

As mentioned before

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1366407550183370753?s=19

I was looking at our remaining fixtures and there's midweek games on starting tonight. I believe it's the Chelsea game on May 12th when we finally play the game in hand on this weeks midweek fixtures. It's on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gus99

DenMan wrote: »
    I was looking at our remaining fixtures and there's midweek games on starting tonight. I believe it's the Chelsea game on May 12th when we finally play the game in hand on this weeks midweek fixtures. It's on a Wednesday.

The games this mid-week are the games that would have been played on the 20th/21st March, which is an FA Cup weekend. If you are playing this week, its because you - or your opponent - are still in the FA Cup. Because both ourselves and West Ham are knocked out, our PL game stayed on Sunday 21st.

Barcelona apparently dipping their toes into the waters testing us to see if Arteta could be swayed to the Nou Camp...

I'd get a yellow card or even a red from this site if that happened.

HANDS OFF YOU F*****G BULLIES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gus99 wrote: »
    The games this mid-week are the games that would have been played on the 20th/21st March, which is an FA Cup weekend. If you are playing this week, its because you - or your opponent - are still in the FA Cup. Because both ourselves and West Ham are knocked out, our PL game stayed on Sunday 21st.

I'd rather still be in the cup but that is one advantage of being knocked out in this hectic season. The players will benefit from having a full week off. We seem to be coping pretty well with injuries so far this season and Arteta seems to be getting the balance right with player rotation and remaining competitive. Xhaka is due a rest though. Perhaps he won't play in one of the games with Olympiacos

• Advertisement

If I was Ateta I'd stay well away from Barcelona, and I believe he will. It's a cesspit right now and no manager in their right mind would go there. Savvy managers these days will stay away for the good of their own careers. Who needs to manage Barcelona now, do it years from now with a wealth of experience with the right conditions in place. He won't get the freedom he does at Arsenal and the backing of Edu. If things go south, he'll be sacked in no time, just look at Koeman. He just saw the prestige and money and abandoned the Dutch national team when they needed him the most. I'd say he's hurt his reputation too! In Arteta we trust, he won't abandon us. He has values and a deep respect for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If I was Ateta I'd stay well away from Barcelona, and I believe he will. It's a cesspit right now and no manager in their right mind would go there. Savvy managers these days will stay away for the good of their own careers. Who needs to manage Barcelona now, do it years from now with a wealth of experience with the right conditions in place. He won't get the freedom he does at Arsenal and the backing of Edu. If things go south, he'll be sacked in no time, just look at Koeman. He just saw the prestige and money and abandoned the Dutch national team when they needed him the most. I'd say he's hurt his reputation too! In Arteta we trust, he won't abandon us. He has values and a deep respect for the club.

I know an Arteta out guy that has changes his tune after the last couple of results and is now horrified that Barca are interested.... (note I said guy and not fan :))

I know an Arteta out guy that has changes his tune after the last couple of results and is now horrified that Barca are interested.... (note I said guy and not fan :))

Whoever he is he must have seen the light. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

While I can see the prestige of having it on your CV and the atmosphere of it all. The way they are I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Add to that Messi leaving eventually and they are in big trouble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

djan wrote: »
    While I can see the prestige of having it on your CV and the atmosphere of it all. The way they are I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Add to that Messi leaving eventually and they are in big trouble.

I actually think that Messi not leaving has been their biggest problem of the last couple of years, but the rest of the set up there is pretty bleak right now. You know when your club is getting raided by the police that things have really gone off the rails.

Whoever he is he must have seen the light. :D

No DenMan he's just a Twonk

Villa losing tonight. Well done Sheffield Utd.

Definitely a strange season. At this stage of the season, we're a little bit better off than the same time last year. The crazy thing is that if we win this weekend, we're only 11 points off second in the table, whereas last year we were 20 points off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Definitely a strange season. At this stage of the season, we're a little bit better off than the same time last year. The crazy thing is that if we win this weekend, we're only 11 points off second in the table, whereas last year we were 20 points off.

Am i right is saying we're closer to second than second is to first?

Mad season.

• Advertisement

I miss that we're not playing this mid-week. Must beat Burnley. Delighted the game is on a Saturday, seems ages since.

Big chat this afternoon, I'm hearing Laca gone in the summer with no replacement at his level. The last of the wage saving moves.

As part of that, Balogun agent now talking to Edu (thats a big shift), game time not an issue with Laca gone but weekly wage of £40k still a stumbling block as it challenges the likes of Saka and ESR & Balogun seemingly not being given game time ahead of them deliberately as contract up in the air.

Left back the priority signing

Do we need any results to go our way tonight? A Fulham win would be nice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Big chat this afternoon, I'm hearing Laca gone in the summer with no replacement at his level. The last of the wage saving moves.

As part of that, Balogun agent now talking to Edu (thats a big shift), game time not an issue with Laca gone but weekly wage of £40k still a stumbling block as it challenges the likes of Saka and ESR & Balogun seemingly not being given game time ahead of them deliberately as contract up in the air.

Left back the priority signing

Left back is the priority signing this summer??? Surely a right back replacement for Bellerin? Or is it cover for Tierney? Jaysus! Either way I’d be hoping for a bit more than that with all the outgoings recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I don't understand the whole Balogun thing. Obviously the club don't see the value in giving him what he wants. 40K which seems a bit much considering that's he more or less untested. Is it possible he's a bad egg? Saka and others have gone about their contract business much quieter.
    People seem to be raving about him yet he's got very few chances to prove himself, I dunno, its all a bit odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

wonga77 wrote: »
    I don't understand the whole Balogun thing. Obviously the club don't see the value in giving him what he wants. 40K which seems a bit much considering that's he more or less untested. Is it possible he's a bad egg? Saka and others have gone about their contract business much quieter.
    People seem to be raving about him yet he's got very few chances to prove himself, I dunno, its all a bit odd

He’s scored a couple of goals so he thinks he deserves the big bucks. Lads like Saka and Smith Rowe who are key players are on that sort of money, no idea why he thinks he should get it.

He could turn out a great player for all I know but this kind of bull**** this early in his career is a red flag imo.

We're the early game tomorrow. Feeling confident we'll push on and win. COYG

Bizarre press release tonight

Arsenal statement: 'The club continues to have the unwavering support and commitment of its parent company, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, and its ultimate owner Stan Kroenke.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal statement: 'The club continues to have the unwavering support and commitment of its parent company, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, and its ultimate owner Stan Kroenke.'

Is it to do with that Nigerian guy who wants to buy the club?

wonga77 wrote: »

Long and the short on it is that yes, the Club seem to think (and from what I've been told) he has the potential to be the next great superstar. BUT giving him a 40k deal will be like sticking two fingers up to Saka and ESR and the club won't do that.

Hate to see that talent leave but I'm backing the club on this one. In fairness to the lad, it's his agency driving this, he seems to want to stay but the agency know what he is worth on the market. Sadly because of previous contract handling we will lose him on a free

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Is it to do with that Nigerian guy who wants to buy the club?

Dunno, KSE financial statement also due but could equally be Dangote rumours

Right. Thanks corporate PR team.

The owner supports his own club, does he? Great, means a lot.

We're the early game tomorrow. Feeling confident we'll push on and win. COYG

Feels like ages since we played. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

A little off topic but the last 2 minutes of the 'No such thing as a fish' podcast talked about a friendly game Arsenal played against Dynamo Moscow in 1945 in really thick fog.

It was so dense that apparently they played with 15 men, we had a man sent off who snuck back onto the pitch and our keeper knocked himself out by running into the goalpost. We lost 4-3.

Anyway back to the present, we should really be beating Burnley tomorrow, they're terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sanogo missed a penalty for Huddersfield last night on his debut the poor fella

Sanogo missed a penalty for Huddersfield last night on his debut the poor fella

You would think they should have a set penalty taker? I don't remember Sanogo being renowned for his set piece ability (or anything else for that matter)

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1368162542208565251?s=19

Decent enough lineup, with a bit of firepower on the bench

Chambers at RB is interesting

Basil3 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1368162542208565251?s=19

Decent enough lineup, with a bit of firepower on the bench

Chambers at RB is interesting

Must be injury to Cedric, not named on bench even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Partey was great for that goal, started it right from the back and beat the press with a nice one two.

Nice ball from Willian there to feed Auba for the goal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement