Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

Great to see Auba with his mojo back. It's like the opposition know exactly what he's going to do, and they still can't stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Great goal from back to front. Partey brillant there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think the BT commentators realise that Chambers was out with injury for a long time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The only blackmark so far is Steve Mc fcukin Manaman on commentary, jaysus he is absolutely painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Unusual to see how easy it is to break through the centre of Burnley's midfield. Willian for the goal and just then Odegaard

How did that hat not go in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I really hope we're not looking back at the end of this have looking at all these missed changes wondering how we drew/lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Out clearing out the shed and missed Auba's goal! 0-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

The bobble on that pitch is awful. We need a second goal.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Out clearing out the shed and missed Auba's goal! 0-1 :D

I just turned on the TV after a bike ride to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lovely set up from Odegaard to Partey

Horrible pitch.

Good lord Xhaka!

That's just awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Dreadful, you have to laugh. Never see Chelsea or United etc concede goals like that. Banter club.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I really hope we're not looking back at the end of this have looking at all these missed changes wondering how we drew/lost

When arsenal can let you down, they will

If you didn't know better, you'd say that was unlucky. Xhaka at his best, and that is why no matter how good he plays, it will never outweigh what his mistakes cost you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just saying to my brother that I hate when we are at this crap in the box and bang.
    Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Ya get the feeling that this is a game only Arsenal can loose due to and error or sending off with all these chances being wasted :o

Edit: here we go!

This reminds me of the wolves game. Took the lead looked really good and a couple of mad moments and the game was gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

djan wrote: »
    Ya get the feeling that this is a game only Arsenal can loose due to and error or sending off with all these chances being wasted :o

Edit: here we go!

That's Leno fault all day long

Maybe he played a part, but he wasn't the one who played a blind pass across goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Does Xhaka and Leno have a bet on Burnley or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Basil3 wrote: »
    Maybe he played a part, but he wasn't the one who played a blind pass across goal.

What other choice did he have? He was under severe pressure with his back away from goal facing Leno.

Leno passed him the ball when he was basically man marked by two player's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

To me its all on Xhaka, he shows for the ball, and has ample time turn around and hoof towards Tierney's side or play back to Leno's left side to deal with it. You simply don't play across the box unless its safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Basil3 wrote: »

No but it was a complete hospital pass to a player facing his own goal a few yards away. In saying that xhaka if he wasn’t sure should have just played it back to Leno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

50/50 blame on Leno and xhaha.

Should still have enough to win this game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You could see it coming a mile away, totally dominant, should be 3-0 up and then we go full Arsenal.

Only positive thing is Mikel has had good half times recently and should be able to get it back on track.

COYG

Leno's arrogance astounds me. He gives off the impression he's infallable. He rushes things too quickly, put's himslef and others around him at risk. His sending off last month or so was a prime example. Somebody should remind him of the great German goalkeepers that came before him, solid and depandable. Leno thinks he's a quarterback and when things go wrong he blames everyone else. I still think we'll win this game in the second half with the players we have and the bench available. The defensive show boating, slackness and arrogance has to stop now. This is the wakeup call they need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

djan wrote: »
    To me its all on Xhaka, he shows for the ball, and has ample time turn around and hoof towards Tierney's side or play back to Leno's left side to deal with it. You simply don't play across the box unless its safe.

Exactly. And it why Xhaka is always a brain fart away from causing a disaster.
    He’s as liable to do that in a very important match as he is in a less important one. Just can’t be relied on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Xhaka shouldn't take a touch in that position, it's back to the keeper or out wide 1st time for me.

Anyway that's on Arteta for me, he's seen this time after time and keeps playing that way. The only way a team as bad as Burnley get anything from a game like this is if we give it to them. Own goal to lose it at the Emirates and now this.

Think this is a game that we should be playing 3 at the back, Burnley don't play wide forwards so 2 full backs aren't necessary.

The initial mistake was Leno's. Xhaka compounded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We play out from the back and score our first goal and it’s brilliant

We concede softly and it’s stupid, can’t have it both ways.

Leno should have thumped it, Xhaka should move it first time, either way both are playing to coached instructions.

This way of playing works off great reward for high risk

The commentator said that since his arrival in the Premier League Xhaka has been responsible for more goals conceded than any other player in the EPL.
    If that’s true then it’s pretty poor.

The commentator said that since his arrival in the Premier League Xhaka has been responsible for more goals conceded than any other player in the EPL.

I’d say that’s correct. He has too many mistakes in him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

al87987 wrote: »
    Xhaka shouldn't take a touch in that position, it's back to the keeper or out wide 1st time for me.

Anyway that's on Arteta for me, he's seen this time after time and keeps playing that way. The only way a team as bad as Burnley get anything from a game like this is if we give it to them. Own goal to lose it at the Emirates and now this.

Think this is a game that we should be playing 3 at the back, Burnley don't play wide forwards so 2 full backs aren't necessary.

How on earth would that be Arteta?? Crazy talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Partey been v sloopy thus far too

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    How on earth would that be Arteta?? Crazy talk

Arteta will take the blame for it. He knows when persistently playing this way you will pay sometimes but he’ll accept that.

I really don’t think we are all that bad under the press from the back, alternative is being afraid of it and playing long. If Arteta allows them choice under pressure they’ll lump it and we’ll go nowhere fast with that

Can't believe we gifted this lot a goal! Now Burnley are enjoying their anti-football. :mad:

• Advertisement

What is poor is that he is consistently selected by multiple managers, even though this major shortcoming is there for all to see. I can accept players making mistakes, but his always seem to lead to some kind of catastrophe.

Luiz has given up he ball away 5 times in 15 minutes

al87987 wrote: »

:D:D:D

Every goal condeded brings these people out.

Laca coming on!

That goal is a beautiful summation of Xhaka.
    That he's still playing in a crucial position for a modern team and there's no sign of him being replace is a damning indictment of the club/management, everyone who has any input.
    But Kroenke still supports the club so it's all good. :pac: Brilliant.

No offside there!

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Arteta will take the blame for it. He knows when persistently playing this way you will pay sometimes but he’ll accept that.

I really don’t think we are all that bad under the press from the back, alternative is being afraid of it and playing long. If Arteta allows them choice under pressure they’ll lump it and we’ll go nowhere fast with that

Playing out from the back shouldn’t be the be all and end all.
    It should be varied and not always obvious like it is now.
    Sometimes a quiet punt can free the likes of Auba or Saka but we seem to have abandoned that completely. We are very predictable.

Every goal? It's a long time since I've seen a goal like that conceded by anyone. Seen the ball given away in a bad position sometimes, keeper might get charged down occasionally but blasting the ball across the box at a defender and it going in, wonderful.

The facts are there plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The facts are there plain and simple.

100% correct.

Playing out from the back shouldn’t be the be all and end all.
    It should be varied and not always obvious like it is now.
    Sometimes a quiet punt can free the likes of Auba or Saka but we seem to have abandoned that completely. We are very predictable.

That’s the thing about playing from the back, it is unpredictable there are many sequence of play options and creates the opportunity to play between the lines. Clear it every now and again fair enough but it’s a last resort and planned usage of it is hoof ball stuff

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement