Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Azatadine wrote: »
    Chelsea have really turned it around since Tuchel came in. Bit of a gap opening between them and the chasing pack. Still tight but they are on a roll.

They have a huge squad full of quality. He’s had a great start though, really turned them around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭Azatadine

L'prof wrote: »
    They have a huge squad full of quality. He’s had a great start though, really turned them around

Moyes doing a great job with the Hammers at the moment too. They are 2-0 up vs Leeds now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yeah, I can’t say the same about their squad :pac: Great work done by Moyes, I’ve been surprised and impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You could be right but it’s a very dangerous game for Arteta to play.
    If we don’t win the Europa and also lose more ground in the EPL he’d be signing his own death warrant imo. The teams around us have games in hand and we could drop to as low as 13th if we’re not careful,
    Anyway I’m still hoping Arteta becomes a successful manager and gets us back to where we belong but it’s a tightrope he’s walking.

Not sure how losing more ground in the league would matter really because top 4 is long gone and we’re better off avoiding being in the europa next season.

Can’t see us winning the europa this season either tbh, the current team has too many errors in it to make it to the final and there’s still some pretty strong opposition left in it including Olympiakos this Thursday night who are a bit of a wild card.

Would be quite the feat if they did pull it off all the same.

Each spot in the league was a difference of £3.2million last season. FA Cup win is £1.8million.

EDIT: Winner of the FA Cup gets £3.4million total, prize money is paid at each round.

Each spot in the league was a difference of £3.2million last season. FA Cup win is £1.8million.

EDIT: Winner of the FA Cup gets £3.4million total, prize money is paid at each round.

What’s the europa prize money like?

What’s the europa prize money like?

No idea off the top of my head but there's a £12.8million difference between 8th and 12th, it's not nothing. And again just depressing that we're even having this conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I assume it's like the CL whereby there's also TV money which varies depending on where the club are from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Let's hope this isn't a recurring thing! Also the prospect of no European football next season for the first time in twenty years or so.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12237370/arsenal-report-47-8m-loss-citing-impact-of-coronavirus-on-clubs-finances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sounds like Mikel Merino & Mikel Oyarzabal are both being looked at by Arsenal, how many Mikels make a team :)

Sounds like Mikel Merino & Mikel Oyarzabal are both being looked at by Arsenal, how many Mikels make a team :)

Had to google both of them tbh, haven’t a clue when it comes to la liga football these days. Any truth in the rumours about Hakimi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

DenMan wrote: »
    Let's hope this isn't a recurring thing! Also the prospect of no European football next season for the first time in twenty years or so.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12237370/arsenal-report-47-8m-loss-citing-impact-of-coronavirus-on-clubs-finances

All clubs will be in similar situation, no European football will make it worse for us of course.

I suspect transfers prices will drop, but with these financial results it won't help much.

Transfer market could get very quiet this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’d say the club will only take players on loan for awhile until the finances get back to where they were and fans can return to matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Can't imagine there is a chance we can afford oyarzabal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

According to Sky sports, Balogun and the club are negotiating a new contract at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    According to Sky sports, Balogun and the club are negotiating a new contract at the moment.

I won't believe it till I see Beers creaming himself figuratively on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Be great if we can intergrate him back into the team for the run in

Both Utd and Arsenal's Europa League games are live on Virgin Media 2 tonight. We're the later game with an 8pm KO. Looking forward to seeing the team tonight and performing well. Gabriel is expected to start tonight in place of Mari. COYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Both Utd and Arsenal's Europa League games are live on Virgin Media 2 tonight. We're the later game with an 8pm KO. Looking forward to seeing the team tonight and performing well. Gabriel is expected to start tonight in place of Mari. COYG

Oh yes!

Gotta move a few things round in work to finiah in time, but that is perfect. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Also glad we're the later game tonight. Hoping for a good performance, set us up well for the weekend too if we get a result!

Never cared much for this competition until they allowed the winners into the Champions League where the money is and where you really have to be to attract the top players. Looking forward to tonight’s game. Hope Arteta picks our best team for tonight and Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I really want Arteta to succeed and I do have hope but I’m certainly one of the people who are not sure at all yet. What really bugs me is his generic answers to pretty much everything. It just makes me trust the process even less. Some honesty would go a long way. I’m fully aware that he’s not the first Arsenal manager to not be transparent, but I hear a lot of waffle. I just hope things come good soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I think he's done great work shifting out the deadwood and bringing in some good players. I think he genuinely sees what needs to be done at the club. He can talk and talk as we've seen. I'm just not sure that he's able to motivate players in the way that a special manager can. To me it's clear by our results. There was no upturn when he arrived, a new manager usually gets that. I just don't see him motivating the players. Again, I really hope I'm wrong.

If Willian starts he'll have another blinder just like the Leicester game.

• Advertisement

If Willian starts he'll have another blinder just like the Leicester game.

He’s due a few at this stage.
    One swallow .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Eddie hasn't been seen in a while. I would assume he's out the door this summer

I like this team! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Just watching Arsenal's greatest Champions League nights on BT sport there. I completely forgot we beat Pep's Bayern Munich team 2-0 in the 2015 group stage.

My god how far we have fallen since then and how far away we are from that now. That is not a gradual descent, that is falling off a cliff,at least in terms of stature. Hopefully we're in the process of reversing it.

• Advertisement

Eddie hasn't been seen in a while. I would assume he's out the door this summer

I know he's been awesome with the English underage teams, but I've seen very little to excite me when he was with Leeds or with us in cup games. He's certainly no Haaland! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Just watching Arsenal's greatest Champions League nights on BT sport there. I completely forgot we beat Pep's Bayern Munich team 2-0 in the 2015 group stage.

My god how far we have fallen since then and how far away we are from that now. That is not a gradual dissent, that is falling off a cliff,at least in terms of stature. Hopefully we're in the process of reversing it.

Yeah, its sad for sure but it's the reality I'm afraid. We have regressed to the pont where we are a mid table team and that's not changing any time soon.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Yeah, its sad for sure but it's the reality I'm afraid. We have regressed to the pont where we are a mid table team and that's not changing any time soon.

The weird thing about it is that I fear us playing top teams less now. Maybe it's because the expectation isn't as high, but there's also less concern that we'll completely lose the plot and get a hammering.

'Sake Oodegard

I'm saying this after 5 minutes. If we don't beat these, I'm gonna be very upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Should be battering these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Great save to deny Auba

Should be 2-0 up. Familiar ring to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hope we make this pressure count. These look atrocious. Forgot that sokratis had moved there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Dirty enough there on Saka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Moronic loss of possession by Xhaka from Leno's throw there. Opportunity to get out and instead he puts us straight back under pressure.

Ref forgot his cards?

We have no composure at all.
    These are useless and we’re rushing everything. Awful miss from Odegaard earlier. That might have settled us.
    We need to be scoring when this much on top because at some stage Olympiacos will get a chance or two.

Feel like I've watched this movie before. I hope it has a happy ending...

Odegard looking like an Arsenal signing tonight.

These individual errors are so common, really lucky not to be punished there

Awful stupid from Odegaard there.

Holy hell these guys like a foul.

Don't ever rember getting this many free kicks from scorable positions in a single game

• Advertisement

Saka fouled 3 or 4 times already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement