Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

He hasn't turned up much recently but he looks knackered. Maybe first season in

Bigger worry is the shaming of Auba, last thing we need is another high paid sulk

Then aubameyang should **** off.

He either nips it in the bud and apologise and accept punishments and get back in team and show his worth or piss off out of our club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Someone needs to make one of those for when Spurs last won a proper trophy.

Isn't 1990/91 the last time they won something decent (FA Cup)?

That lot are laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Can’t beat a NLD win

Happy Mother’s Day lads lol. Ireland v Wales and and Arsenal v Spurs, god is not a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Redknapp doesn't think it's a penalty :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Can’t you just leave it alone ffs
    Never thought I’d block a fellow gooner but I’m sick of it at this stage

Hey I wasn't the one slating him before kickoff here FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Pepe was super for our second goal.

It was said on the Arsecast and I agree that I'm not sure what more he need to do to get in the team. He's improved big time in terms of his off the ball work, seems to be doing everything that's asked of him.

Jamie Redknapp talks some absolute spoof.

Lok Freddie saying not a pen and not a 2nd yellow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

and the other clown in the middle who said that Laca kicked Sanchez :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Seems to think because Laca got a shot that it wasn’t a pen but practically admits it was a reckless foul! Dope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

It actually makes me happier when they honestly think it was a peno. It's great to see them squirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cliff Bastins birthday.... Happy birthday Cliff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Better than sex is the most understated way I can put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The lads at Sky love Spurs.

It's truly wonderful to see them throwing the toys out of the pram over the penalty and yellow card.

Both were stonewall and anyone that says they weren't hasn't got a clue.

Mourinho moaning about the ref surprise surprise. His team was muck today but yeah the ref...

omega man wrote: »
    Mourinho moaning about the ref surprise surprise. His team was muck today but yeah the ref...

Look, we all hate mourinho but get your facts straight, he absolutely slated his team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

This Mourinho interview is delicious.

Look, we all hate mourinho but get your facts straight, he absolutely slated his team!

After blaming the Ref.
    Less of the get your facts straight thanks.

omega man wrote: »
    After blaming the Ref.

But you never said anything about him slating his side..

Again we all laugh and hate him to bits but come on dude he slayed his team big time

But you never said anything about him slating his side..

Again we all laugh and hate him to bits but come on dude he slayed his team big time

He started straight off by asking if Oliver was doing a post match interview before he even mentioned his players. Watch it back

Watching Mourinho's interview and I could taste the salt from here

Delightful

• Advertisement

Someone needs to make one of those for when Spurs last won a proper trophy.

Isn't 1990/91 the last time they won something decent (FA Cup)?

That lot are laughable.

Correct Sir, it's a bit of a misleading Twitter account actually.

10,893 days since they won something decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We won and that’s all that matters tonight.
    We’re only 4 points behind them now.
    I didn’t think we played that well and we became very shaky near the end even with a man extra BUT we got there and won.
    Now get ready for Olympiacos on Thursday and another London derby away to the Hammers on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Great win and performance, absolutely collapsed after the sending off though.

Penalty was iffy, VAR isn't going to overrule that incident either way so just be thankful Michael oliver loves a penalty. A lot of refs wouldn't have given it.

I don't mind how Arteta handled the Auba issue at all.

Glad to see Leno go long/wide a little more to pretty good effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Penalty was stonewall, red was absolutely correct, all our players and manager were excellent, all theirs were all craaaaap.

Cos we won and they didn't.

Perfect.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Poxxed to get that in fairness. No more talk about a conspiracy against us, id be livid if that went against us. He fluffed the chance completely

It was a foul in the box, however the key thing here is that the scoring opportunity had gone so the penalty was fortunate. By the interpretation of the law, it wasnt a penalty, but then the other side of the coin is that we have been absolutely ridden by a few ridiculous decisions recently. David Luiz at Wolves and the penalty call at Burnley last week to name just two.

Oliver reffed a tempestuous derby as good as he possibly could today. You have to allow some leeway and Lamela had several fouls under the belt before his red.

Overall verdict on Arteta?? I think we are more structured, more hardworking, and definitely more settled under him, however, the flip side is that we don't take enough risks in the final third. Odegaard is settling in well and works well alongside Smith-Rowe and Saka who are fantastic young talents. Tierney and to a lesser extent, Bellerin are very good on the overlaps.

I love Laca for his hard work and great heart, but I think he is perhaps a bit too omnipresent all over the field and we lack a lurker in the box. Giroud by contrast would always hang on the last man. A fully fit Martinelli playing off Auba might eventually solve that problem, but he has been very unlucky with injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Overall verdict on Arteta??

Happy with what he’s done so far and looking forward to what he can do in the future

Last chance saloon in the Europa League this season. Better teams in it but the same could be said of the FA Cup last season

After the Pool game they have 8 games left in the league. Run in isn’t the worst, I’d be hoping they could pass some teams out from there. Anyone within 5 points could be catchable

Watching MOTD. The waves of hurt coming from Jermaine Jenas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Arghus wrote: »
    Watching MOTD. The waves of hurt coming from Jermaine Jenas.

He is making Mourinho look and sound humble, its fcuking delicious :D:D:D

I think we put the final nail in their Top 4 ambitions. They’re bound to be hurting.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He is making Mourinho look and sound humble, its fcuking delicious :D:D:D

The back and forth between himself and Keown there about Lamela's card was great. Keown was loving politely sticking the knife in - Jenas was pure salty about that first yellow.

Overall verdict on Arteta?? I think we are more structured, more hardworking, and definitely more settled under him, however, the flip side is that we don't take enough risks in the final third. Odegaard is settling in well and works well alongside Smith-Rowe and Saka who are fantastic young talents. Tierney and to a lesser extent, Bellerin are very good on the overlaps.

I love Laca for his hard work and great heart, but I think he is perhaps a bit too omnipresent all over the field and we lack a lurker in the box. Giroud by contrast would always hang on the last man. A fully fit Martinelli playing off Auba might eventually solve that problem, but he has been very unlucky with injuries.

I think Alan Smith said it at one point during the game that since the Chelsea game the overall standard of play has been much better - but that silly individual errors have made the difference at times.

I'd agree with that in the main. I'm not sure if Arteta is the messiah, but you have to give him credit. The team was in a hole and they got out of it and they are much improved generally. He's a novice coach and for him to have arrested the slide and improved the team from then suggests that he's got something about him.

Today was a big test. Dropping Auba for such a game and then for the team to play so well does solidify Arteta's authority I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

It was a foul in the box, however the key thing here is that the scoring opportunity had gone so the penalty was fortunate. By the interpretation of the law, it wasnt a penalty... ..... .. .
    It's A stonewall penalty. If laca is on the halfway line and kicks the ball five feet ahead of him, then gets smashed by an opposing player., its a free kick. A free kick in the box is a penalty. Doesn't need to be a goalscoring chance. It's also not a red card for the defender. The Ball Is still in play. Hadn't gone out. Laca was fouled. In the Box. It's a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

newbie2 wrote: »

It's a very bad challenge, it's late and dirty and he totally means it.

But it's Harry Kane. So it wasn't mentioned.

That free near the end when he hit the post. He totally backed into the defender and fell over, the big cheaty cheat.

But he didn't score and then they lost.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    That free near the end when he hit the post. He totally backed into the defender and fell over, the big cheaty cheat.

Today was the most satisfied I've felt after a result in a long time.

To be honest, it's more about sticking it to José for me. If it had been Swindon Town, but José was in charge I'd still be delighted, but Spurs is, obviously, a bonus.

Disgusting

Because of who's involved though we'll never hear about it again

If it were the other way around you can be certain Gabriel would've seen red and been vilified on MOTD

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Xhaka should have had at least 2 yellows. Gabriel cleared lucas moira out of it deliberately and didn't get spoken too. The referee was woeful for both teams.

This should've been looked at certainly. But let's not pretend arsenal no players didn't get away with some scumbaggery too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Always, always, always delighted to beat Spurs, especially when the "special one" is managing them. It was a deserved win, we were by far the better team. Thought it was going to be one of those days when we hit the wood work a couple of times. Was edge of the seat stuff for the last few mins, the first time in a long time when my heart was in my mouth. Kane getting away with murder as usual and pundits giving out about ref's calls nothing new there. Hopefully we nail on the next round in the Europa on Thursday as we should and it'll have been a great few games for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭DenMan

Alexandre Lacazette is the first Arsenal player to score in three consecutive home league games against Spurs since Emmanuel Adebayor in October 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ol' Donie wrote: »

He nearly always scores against us - so delighted he didn't find a way through yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I love it when this thread is positive!!!!

A win against Spurs.

A win against Mourinho.

Nothing for certain Spurs fans to "thank" in here.

Brilliant it is!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Didn't see any highlights but jaysus, that's a rotten "challenge", the arsenal lads neck / head takes an awful wobble. For all Kanes talent he has a very pronounced nasty streak in him.

Didn't see any highlights but jaysus, that's a rotten "challenge", the arsenal lads neck / head takes an awful wobble. For all Kanes talent he has a very pronounced nasty streak in him.

If Gabriel had gone down and rolled around for 5 minutes then VAR would have had to look at it and surely a ref card would have been given ...... or not.

I thought all these incidents that the referee didn’t punish were looked at retrospectively anyway?

• Advertisement

Today was the most satisfied I've felt after a result in a long time.

To be honest, it's more about sticking it to José for me. If it had been Swindon Town, but José was in charge I'd still be delighted, but Spurs is, obviously, a bonus.

100%.

It's beautiful to beat him at any time, but helping him towards his inevitable 4th sacking in the Premier League is extra nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭DenMan

greendom wrote: »
    He nearly always scores against us - so delighted he didn't find a way through yesterday

Exactly! Plus he always plays great against us too, Moura aswell. Kane hardly got a touch yesterday and that was great.

DenMan wrote: »
    Exactly! Plus he always plays great against us too, Moura aswell. Kane hardly got a touch yesterday and that was great.

We put a stop to Vardy's usual tricks the other week too.

Feeling pretty positive right now.

(Except the game on Thursday is at 5 to 6 or something. Which is too early, I'll still be working. Boooo!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It's A stonewall penalty. If laca is on the halfway line and kicks the ball five feet ahead of him, then gets smashed by an opposing player., its a free kick. A free kick in the box is a penalty. Doesn't need to be a goalscoring chance. It's also not a red card for the defender. The Ball Is still in play. Hadn't gone out. Laca was fouled. In the Box. It's a penalty.

The argument made by some pundits on the penalty was that the ball was gone as Lacazette had already sliced it. Listening to them I wondered when did a late tackle become legal.

Sanchez made contact after Lacazette had played the ball in a late tackle and made no connection with the ball. That made it a penalty. All day everyday.

Anyone know why Martinelli was not in yesterday’s panel?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement