Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Soups123 wrote: »
    Do you think he has been the only player late this or last season? No others caught called out. Arteta bemoaned a leak earlier in the season, he felt what goes on inside should stay inside. He broke that role the weekend himself

What is your point though? Is Auba playing bad on purpose? He can't be bothered? It affected his confidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

He really is unlikable.
    Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Auba is finished lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

FixitFelix wrote: »
    He didn't leak anything, there were pictures all over twitter of Auba driving through London late in his ferrari. Arteta 100% right on what he done and has already been said it's not the first time Auba has been late or broke match day protocol.

How do know he’s often late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Harsh enough red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Need to make the extra man advantage now count. Spurs losing 0-2 in Zagreb.

This is set up for Martenelli to get a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He really is unlikable.
    Auba.

Disagree entirely!

How do know he’s often late?

Read what was written on Sunday, also was caught sneaking a barber into the team hotel.

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    What is your point though? Is Auba playing bad on purpose? He can't be bothered? It affected his confidence?

Unfortunately modern day footballers are for the large part snow flake egotistical spoilt brats! Problem is a manager has to work with that, the old hard line routine gets no manager of a top team anywhere you have to factor all that into your management style. Look at all the top managers now they all do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

That red was a joke tbf, would be fuming if given against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

DenMan wrote: »
    Need to make the extra man advantage now count. Spurs losing 0-2 in Zagreb.

Why did you have to say that!

We all know the rules round here!

Read what was written on Sunday, also was caught sneaking a barber into the team hotel.

I don’t read the rags and I’d never ever form an opinion off them

Lads calling him finished and all in here tonight, shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Auba misses 2 from less than 7 yards.

He must be really trying to punish Arteta with some of the worst finishing hes ever produced.:rolleyes:

Just slide it home Auba. No need for the fancy finish at all. Awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Would love Auba to shut us all up with a goal all the same.

What "lads" are calling him finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Commentators are talking like it's all over. Please shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Not great viewing at all tonight, thank god Elneny banged in a 3rd last week or this match would have been an excruciating watch.

Unfortunately modern day footballs are for the large part snow flake egotistical spoilt brats! Problem is a manager has to work with that, the old hard line routine gets no manager of a top team anywhere you have to factor all that into your management style. Look at all the top managers now they all do it

Fair enough.
    I just feel that Auba with his experience should be above that.
    Anyway, looks like it's one of those days that he won't score - that was a nice back heel there.

• Advertisement

I don’t read the rags and I’d never ever form an opinion off them

Wasn't in the rags, in fairness his fall off has been monumental, not just finishing his all round play. We're actually a worse team with him in it and that's the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good stuff from Odegaard

Wasn't in the rags, in fairness his fall off has been monumental, not just finishing his all round play. We're actually a worse team with him in it and that's the truth

His all round play has always been poor. Even at Dortmund, never a strength to his game he’s and out and out goal scorer and scorer of great goals and when that’s not happening the other abilities stand out more

Come on lads, don’t lose this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This is a hard watch. Serious improvements required if we are to go any further.
    These are far from a good team and we shouldn't be losing to them. Attitude from the players was awful tonight

Well that was utterly abject, but we just have to be the least sh*t team in the competition to win it. Stiff competition from Spurs on that front.

That was an extremely poor performance.
    Play like that against West Ham on Sunday and they’ll beat us easily,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Awful performance tonight but we march on...just about! COYG

ouf, wasn't pretty but job done.

Granada probably the best draw we could get.

Another poor performance, consistency just can’t be got and that’s a real worry a consistent problem over the last 18 months.

A poster called it out earlier that midfield 3 is shocking for this club absolutely shocking. Rest Partey if that’s what you want but that still doesn’t explain the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

we didnt manage to score. disappointed to say the least. we had so many chances but non taken.

Spurs in to extra time but we're through to the next round

Absolute masterclass from arteta, got out better players a rest, didn't break a sweat and ready for the weekend, and into the next round.

My manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Absolute masterclass from arteta, got out better players a rest, didn't break a sweat and ready for the weekend, and into the next round.

My manager

Add to that draining every bit of confidence out of our best player. Isn't Arteta suppose to be known for his man-management? :pac: :pac: :D

Apart from that, delighted we are through lads

darego wrote: »
    Add to that draining every bit of confidence out of our best player. Isn't Arteta suppose to be known for his man-management? :pac: :pac: :D

Auba has been like that all year. Nothing new tonight. The Auba of last year scores at least 2 tonight. But it's been a while since we seen that Auba

darego wrote: »

Auba has been shocking all season and thats on him, and if being dropped for being late is gonna knock his confidence, we'll I'm afraid he's a little bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Obviously delighted we got through, and relatively easily. On any other night, we win that by 2/3. Pepe's shot getting cleared off the line by our own player shows how bad our luck has been. Our forwards were limp with Ceballos and Elneny on the pitch, but Arteta did the right thing when they scored and changed it up. So he did a good job IMO.

Arteta took a chance and gambled to rest the big boys, and it worked. We're through. And delighted to see Martinelli back on the field again... Hopefully more that in the immediate future.

Just sitting back now and watching Spurs squeaky bum extra time now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Auba needs to step up

He's been dog**** since he signed the contract

Auba needs to step up

He's been dog**** since he signed the contract

He got a hat trick a couple of weeks ago. He had improved recently and was back scoring.

Spurs 3-2 down now!

Zagreb 3-0
    That would be the icing on the cake!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is a tough old season. Games every 3 days. Olympiacos always give us a difficult game so despite the poor performance I'm delighted were through. Watching spurs I'm grateful we did it in 90 minutes too.

How away goals count in extra time is ridiculous

emmetlego wrote: »
    Obviously delighted we got through, and relatively easily. On any other night, we win that by 2/3. Pepe's shot getting cleared off the line by our own player shows how bad our luck has been. Our forwards were limp with Ceballos and Elneny on the pitch, but Arteta did the right thing when they scored and changed it up. So he did a good job IMO.

Arteta took a chance and gambled to rest the big boys, and it worked. We're through. And delighted to see Martinelli back on the field again... Hopefully more that in the immediate future.

Just sitting back now and watching Spurs squeaky bum extra time now!

I don’t think after watching that you could say the manager did his job tbf. We just got beat 1-0 at home to a pretty poor team.

I also don’t think we rested all the big boys. Saka was injured, so really just Ode and Partey rested 8/11 are starting 11.

That said the team put out should be good enough to win that game and we had a lot no luck. I really think everything needs to be balanced off with the fact there are no fans, watching it without crowd noise you really get how flat the whole thing is

Looks like the other crowd are spurs'ing it up.

Lol.

Was gonna go on a walk but wanna catch the Mourinho post game interview first lol.

Spurs and one of United/Milan out tonight makes a poor game a good night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Mourinho out-coached and humiliated by a manager doing a 5 year stretch in prison.

Things you LOVE to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don’t think after watching that you could say the manager did his job tbf. We just got beat 1-0 at home to a pretty poor team.

I also don’t think we rested all the big boys. Saka was injured, so really just Ode and Partey rested 8/11 are starting 11.

That said the team put out should be good enough to win that game and we had a lot no luck. I really think everything needs to be balanced off with the fact there are no fans, watching it without crowd noise you really get how flat the whole thing is

We got through by 2 goals. That's good game management. And I read (not sure how true) that Saka could have played but he wanted to give him a full night off.

Anyway, The other crowd went all Spursy and lost. This is gone from a good night, to a great night!

Can we get a few thanks from davycc?

emmetlego wrote: »
    We got through by 2 goals. That's good game management. And I read (not sure how true) that Saka could have played but he wanted to give him a full night off.

Anyway, The other crowd went all Spursy and lost. This is gone from a good night, to a great night!

I don’t think even Arteta would admit that’s game management. He’ll say it’s not good enough and not what he worked for.

Thankfully the eliminations tonight level the playing field and our chances a lot

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement