Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »
    I’d prefer to see him being given Nketiah’s minutes at the club much better prospect

Not until he signs a new deal though. Don't want to be creating talent for another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sean Hoare. Great header.
    Great free from Flores.
    Arsenal can’t defend.

Sean Hoare. Great header.
    Great free from Flores.
    Arsenal can’t defend.

He knew absolutely nothing about that header :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    He knew absolutely nothing about that header :D

He scores a lot of headed goals.
    Being in the right place counts.

He scores a lot of headed goals.
    Being in the right place counts.

Ah yeah, full credit for jumping near where the ball was going. He was looking completely the wrong way though.

They all count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

6 wins out of 6. Can't really argue with that although the opposition was far from strong. For a change, i hope we get a good solid draw, no point in beating cannon fodder till we get to a semi and then get found out.
    I think the youngsters deserve their chance for the rest of it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wonga77 wrote: »
    6 wins out of 6. Can't really argue with that although the opposition was far from strong. For a change, i hope we get a good solid draw, no point in beating cannon fodder till we get to a semi and then get found out.
    I think the youngsters deserve their chance for the rest of it too

I just checked, we are the only team in the million groups in this competition who won every game.

The team that can't buy a shot, never mind a goal in the league cruises through so easily.

Tis a silly competetion the way it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I honestly think that was the weakest group we've ever been in by far.

Still though, you can't complain about six wins out of six.

I'd like to see AMN start at right back on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cardiff or Swansea would have won that group with 6 wins so not a lot to see unfortunately. Next round is the stage we got found out in last year so lets see if the kids can take us any further this time around.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Cardiff or Swansea would have won that group with 6 wins so not a lot to see unfortunately. Next round is the stage we got found out in last year so lets see if the kids can take us any further this time around.

Spurs sit top of the Premier League, and even they had a loss and a draw in the lowly Europa league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Taking the opposition into account, I thought Azeez looked very tidy.

Spurs sit top of the Premier League, and even they had a loss and a draw in the lowly Europa league.

That's more about having your priorities in the right place, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As poor as we have been I think we’ll take 6 points from the next two games. I think we are just in a complete rut but I think we’ll emerge and Arteta will be the better for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

As poor as we have been I think we’ll take 6 points from the next two games. I think we are just in a complete rut but I think we’ll emerge and Arteta will be the better for it

Agreed! Hopefully this is the time now where we push on now.

I dearly hope you’re right but there’s far too many players completely out of form at the same time. Not sure they will all click back into form and winning mindset at the same time to turn it around. Other teams will expect to ruffle us too as they’ll know they have a great chance against us.

I don’t know what it is but I have a feeling there’s something going on at Arsenal for our form to disappear completely. Too many having poor performances at the same time worries me.

A for f... another Sunday night game?

The Arsenal game on Thursday night was Gary Rodgers last game as a professional footballer as he's hung up the gloves and retired. A great servant for Dundalk and the League of Ireland.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/1211/1183958-gary-rogers-hangs-up-his-gloves-after-21-years/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

My starting line up to give sum of the senior players a wake up call. It's a bit out there but I think it will win the game.

Leno

AMN, Chambers/Mari, Gab, Tierney

Elneny, Saka, Dani

Smith Rowe, Balogun, Auba

If martinelli was fit he would start. Think he is still short.

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    My starting line up to give sum of the senior players a wake up call. It's a bit out there but I think it will win the game.

Leno

AMN, Chambers/Mari, Gab, Tierney

Elneny, Saka, Dani

Smith Rowe, Balogun, Auba

If martinelli was fit he would start. Think he is still short.

It would be weird to deploy AMN at RB when he doesn't seem to play there at all anymore. I think he's played quite well in a more central role in Europa.

• Advertisement

It would be weird to deploy AMN at RB when he doesn't seem to play there at all anymore. I think he's played quite well in a more central role in Europa.

Think he can operate there very well though and has a great engine. Would be either him or Cedric and I would pick AMN everytime.

I do like his performance in midfield in Europe though

If Utd lose to City today will Ole be gone? I'm just looking at possible scenarios if Arteta goes too (which I hope not). Both clubs could be looking at the same managers to bring in eg Allegri and I'd rather we got him first if you know what I mean. I do hope we push on now starting tomorrow for Arteta.

The Madrid derby is on tonight. Hope Torreira plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not really watching Wolves Villa but it's pretty depressing to think we lost to both of these decent but mid table sides. How we have fallen!

AMN hasn’t played well at right back anytime he was tried there imo.
    The role doesn’t seem to suit him.
    I’d give him a try on the right side of midfield though.

AMN hasn’t played well at right back anytime he was tried there imo.
    The role doesn’t seem to suit him.
    I’d give him a try on the right side of midfield though.

So you wanna stick with Bellerin in that position?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i was going to say bellerin could fall in as a ball boy but he cant even throw a ball

Brilliant!

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    So you wanna stick with Bellerin in that position?

No but I don’t believe AMN likes playing there.
    I’d put Cedric in instead of Bellerin even if he’s not much better.

Good news on Partey, back early Jan by the sounds

• Advertisement

Good news on Partey, back early Jan by the sounds

I was hoping today. ☹️

Just looking at the table and I see that 3 points will now only bring us up one place from 15th to 14th.
    Things are getting serious now and it’s really time to start winning and for these players to earn their wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It’s always darkest before the dawn

emmetlego wrote: »
    It’s always darkest before the dawn

It's dark all bleedin night!

I’d go all out in the January window and buy a top player who is a leader on the field. We need a leader, especially the young players, to shout orders and keep them in check. Someone to drive the team on. Time for club to make a statement by getting someone like Van Djik in who everyone will look up to and respect.

Anyone know a similar type player anywhere in Europe or beyond?

Isn’t that what the club has needed since viera left ?

Exactly.

• Advertisement

Eurosport reporting that Saliba has been placed on the transfer list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Eurosport reporting that Saliba has been placed on the transfer list

So was he a dud or who made the error? He was supposed to be a great acquisition.

I'm losing the plot here, looks like they've screwed up the Balogun deal and he's off..... Liverpool ready to snap him up with a bumper deal

That would really really upset me, most of you know I think he will be the next super player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Whats going on with Balogun? Is it wages or whats the stumbling block?
    The Saliba thing is very odd, i thought he was the next great hope???

I'm losing the plot here, looks like they've screwed up the Balogun deal and he's off..... Liverpool ready to snap him up with a bumper deal

That would really really upset me, most of you know I think he will be the next super player

They already messed it up by allowing it to get to this point, and now they're putting him in the shop window by allowing him to shine in Europa.

Makes you wonder why he wasn't given a shot in the first team earlier, though. I'd have him ahead of Eddie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Whats the problem? Is it wages, playing time? Seems like he wanted to be gone since the summer. Is he all that people are talking or is it just because he could be leaving hes become the best striker they've seen? Honest question haven't seen anything of him except for the few EL appearances

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Whats the problem? Is it wages, playing time? Seems like he wanted to be gone since the summer. Is he all that people are talking or is it just because he could be leaving hes become the best striker they've seen? Honest question haven't seen anything of him except for the few EL appearances

It's not money, he wants playing time and he's not getting it. He signed a pro contract with us in 2019 and hasn't featured as much as he should. He's 19 now and understandably wants the chance to show what he can do. He will never develop fully in the reserves. This fella is the next Zidane

Never heard of him either until he came on as a sub in the Europa.
    I liked what I saw from the few minutes he was on though. He could hold and shield the ball and lay it off at exactly the right time and scored a couple too. He is certainly as good if not better than some of the lads we’re holding on to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

It's not money, he wants playing time and he's not getting it. He signed a pro contract with us in 2019 and hasn't featured as much as he should. He's 19 now and understandably wants the chance to show what he can do. He will never develop fully in the reserves. This fella is the next Zidane

Fair enough if its playing time and that was something he was promised when he signed his contract and hasn't materialised you cant blame him, but I think eurosport quoted tuttsport which aren't very reliable

Fair enough if its playing time and that was something he was promised when he signed his contract and hasn't materialised you cant blame him, but I think eurosport quoted tuttsport which aren't very reliable

Mine didn't come from Eurosport on Balogun, closer source

Saliba making silly comments on insta isn’t going to do him any favours, I think players should be banned from social media

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1627467-arsenal-news-william-saliba-causes-a-stir-with-comment-on-matteo-guendouzis-instagram%3famp

Keown commented similar ages back, suggested players do their talking on the pitch

Saliba making silly comments on insta isn’t going to do him any favours, I think players should be banned from social media

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1627467-arsenal-news-william-saliba-causes-a-stir-with-comment-on-matteo-guendouzis-instagram%3famp

Is it all about personalities now at Arsenal?
    Have we a Fuhrer in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

That is not a good look at all for Saliba

Is it all about personalities now at Arsenal?
    Have we a Fuhrer in charge?

No but Salibas comments appeared to undermine Arteta which we can't put up with. Most workplaces have a clause on social media, Arsenal are no different

No but Salibas comments appeared to undermine Arteta which we can't put up with. Most workplaces have a clause on social media, Arsenal are no different

You’re probably right but I’d prefer if Arteta would pay more attention to what’s happening on the pitch. There must be 4/5 lads sanctioned now but play rubbish and you’re still picked the next day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement