Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

greendom wrote: »
    Sometimes they do! Arsenal fans can be pretty nasty towards their own players. Surely if they're prepared to give it out they should be able to take some criticism when it comes back. Like I said with Xhaka he never shirks a challenge!

Xhaka can say what he likes, and I'm happy to keep stating the clear and obvious truth that he has no place at a club like Arsenal.
    Or at least what Arsenal used to be. Him becoming a cult hero does somewhat make sense though. Cult heroes at mid-table clubs usually are players who aren't particularly good but do and say things that are meme-able. Telling fans to **** off, booting the ball across your own box and hitting a team mate and giving away a goal, stuff like that. Anything that you can stick a silly sound-effect over for a compilation show.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I am stil confused over whos side you are on in this, the fans according to you were retarded (lovely choice of word btw) but Xakha was wrong to tell then to do one?
    Nah the poster I was replying to what doing their usual rule-skirting and "not" telling me to **** off.
    Pick a side Buttons, you cant always just say everyone and everything is wrong, i know you enjoy being the negative drama queen but get off the fence.

Good boy!

My side is that Xhaka is a useless waste of space who shouldn't be anywhere near the club and anyone who thinks he is isn't to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Nah the poster I was replying to what doing their usual rule-skirting and "not" telling me to **** off.

My side is that Xhaka is a useless waste of space who shouldn't be anywhere near the club and anyone who thinks he is isn't to be taken seriously.

Well if you think that Xakha is anywhere remotely near the top of the list of problems that we have it's very clear that your dislike for him is more to do with his personality than performances on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

So can clubs get relegated from this European Super League??!!

Well if you think that Xakha is anywhere remotely near the top of the list of problems that we have it's very clear that your dislike for him is more to do with his personality than performances on the field.

Well he was brought up so I'm discussing him. That's kinda how things work.
    Describing him as a cult hero shows where we're at as a club.

If someone described any of the rest of our useless players as cult heroes I'll point out what nonsense that is as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Arteta says its not good for lacazette and the hamstring injury he picked up.

Well he was brought up so I'm discussing him. That's kinda how things work.
    Describing him as a cult hero shows where we're at as a club.

If someone described any of the rest of our useless players as cult heroes I'll point out what nonsense that is as well.

Again, says more about you than it does about Xakha.

As a matter of intetrest whats your matchday squad for next year, and try and be just a small bit realistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

A) It's so hard not to get really, really annoyed about dropping points at home to Fulham. I don't know how we've arrived at a stage where qualifying for Europe via the league is regarded as a sort of long shot, when it's still absolutely there to be played for. Makes no sense.

B) Stan & the rest of your poxy greedy owner friends, you can take your greedy bullshìt super league and shove it up yer holes

And can I just say, the day we can't beat Fulham at home is not the day for stories about us getting in a league with Madrid and Barcelona.

State of that.

Jesus Christ, we would be the absolute whipping boys of that Super League.

It'd just be us an Spurs fighting it out for that coveted 11th place every season.

State of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Hard to care about the game today with the super league rumblings in the background.

I'm trying to think of how many times I've seen Stans name pop up over the years he's been in the picture at Arsenal. Very very few occasions has he been a prominent figure at Arsenal matters because he simply doesn't give a sh*t.

Queue the super league announcement today and of course the f*cker is front and centre of this thing, probably been the main driving force behind it.

Wonder what the Hill-Woods and David Dein make of this? They're the ones who effectively sold the club down the river to this guy. Dark day in the clubs history when this guy became outright owner.

It's all part of a wider picture of course, most of the PL clubs have gotten into bed with billionaires at this point, this is what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    A) It's so hard not to get really, really annoyed about dropping points at home to Fulham. I don't know how we've arrived at a stage where qualifying for Europe via the league is regarded as a sort of long shot, when it's still absolutely there to be played for. Makes no sense.

B) Stan & the rest of your poxy greedy owner friends, you can take your greedy bullshìt super league and shove it up yer holes

How would Arsenal are Spurs be thinking that they’re good enough to contest a Super League? Can barely make a top 6 nowadays.

How would Arsenal are Spurs be thinking that they’re good enough to contest a Super League? Can barely make a top 6 nowadays.

Was literally thinking the same thing, are we gonna go in there and just get hopped off every game? Is it gonna be a breakaway league from the CL?

Hard to care about the game today with the super league rumblings in the background.

I'm trying to think of how many times I've seen Stans name pop up over the years he's been in the picture at Arsenal. Very very few occasions has he been a prominent figure at Arsenal matters because he simply doesn't give a sh*t.

Queue the super league announcement today and of course the f*cker is front and centre of this thing, probably been the main driving force behind it.

Wonder what the Hill-Woods and David Dein make of this? They're the ones who effectively sold the club down the river to this guy. Dark day in the clubs history when this guy became outright owner.

It's all part of a wider picture of course, most of the PL clubs have gotten into bed with billionaires at this point, this is what you get.

Firstly, tbf to David Dein, yes he was an advocate of having billionaire investment on board to help us compete on the field as he knew the stadium costs we were going to be burdened with would handicap us greatly.

He knew as much about Stan as anyone else. The initial shares that KSE bought (10%) were those of ITV plc (formerly Carlton and Granada)
    Secondly, he had no control over Stans's purchase of shares which were sold by long-term board members Nina Bracewell Smith, Danny Fiszman also I think (who sadly passed away after a cancer battle and was divesting his interest), and later the remaining chunk from Usmanov who bought shares in Everton.

These 'Super league' clubs haven't thought everything through. Recruiting players from the leagues they left behind could be potentially tricky. With UEFA and FIFA issuing threats to ban players from international football, that may further disincentivise players from moving.

This is not like for example the Darts breakaway from years ago which was relatively straightforward.

I mean, is this not just agreeing that in exchange for money we will never win a competition again?

Are we still going to be allowed in the FA cup? Or will we be saved the hassle of picking a weakened team to get out of it?

I mean, is this not just agreeing that in exchange for money we will never win a competition again?

Are we still going to be allowed in the FA cup?
    Or will we be saved the hassle of picking a weakened team to get out of it?

We'll no longer be in the cup as we will no longer fall under the FA. This is a crazy road to go down as there is no way back and I think this league could potentially be where the bubble bursts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Are we still going to be allowed in the FA cup? Or will we be saved the hassle of picking a weakened team to get out of it?

Arsenal wont win it next year or the year after. But a lot can happen in 5 years. Look where Liverpool finished in 15/16. They went on to become arguably the best team in Europe within 5 years.

The likes of Arsenal and Spurs would really be showing themselves up as a bit small-time. Madrid and Barcelona (especially Barcelona) are a bit ****ed right now financially. Best thing the likes of Arsenal can do would be to let them go to **** a bit and fall slightly. Instead they're offering a few quid to the likes of Arsenal but really it's to solidify their position at the top.

• Advertisement

Arsenal wont win it next year or the year after. But a lot can happen in 5 years. Look where Liverpool finished in 15/16. They went on to become arguably the best team in Europe within 5 years.

Right.

Look where we were 5 years ago. Does it look like we're heading in the right direction?

And do you think entering a league designed to make the richest teams richer is going to work in our favour?

We'll no longer be in the cup as we will no longer fall under the FA. This is a crazy road to go down as there is no way back and I think this league could potentially be where the bubble bursts.

So we will be in one competition only, and it will have City, Chelsea, Real, Barca & Juve in it.

Today we needed 9 mins injury time to get a draw at home to Fulham.

Fùckin glad we had a year to get used to an empty Emirates, cos that's all we'll have after 2 weeks of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's embarrassing our club has signed up for this. It's beyond vile. For too long clubs and especially arsenal have stuck two fingers up to the fans. It just goes to show we are just another scumbag club.

Disgusting.

They’re banking a lot on fans buying into it too surely.
    They think that they will be able to charge more into matches with attractive teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona visiting. I don’t believe that fans will accept that.
    It’s all about money in my opinion and tv channels would have to spend big to get the games therefore ordinary people like us will be charged even more.

Hopefully they will be turfed out by the FA. I’m nearly finished with football because of all the greed. Hope they ban Kronke and Co. from ownership too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This'll be the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of me supporting this club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

You have to put the ball in the net.
    You can also play badly and win.

Correct, I’ve never known a team to win a match playing badly or really well without scoring a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

They’re banking a lot on fans buying into it too surely.
    They think that they will be able to charge more into matches with attractive teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona visiting. I don’t believe that fans will accept that.
    It’s all about money in my opinion and tv channels would have to spend big to get the games therefore ordinary people like us will be charged even more.

Hopefully they will be turfed out by the FA. I’m nearly finished with football because of all the greed. Hope they ban Kronke and Co. from ownership too.

It'll mostly be about TV deals Worldwide to generate income.
    You could see games played all over the World as opposed to home and away.

They'd probably go down the road of having cities bid to host a "home" game for a team, trying to generate far more than a traditional full stadium would.

I’m pretty certain it was Danny Fizsman sold the club down the river as you say to Kronke .... David Dein was more in the Usmanov corner if I remember correctly

Big Ears wrote: »
    It'll mostly be about TV deals Worldwide to generate income.
    You could see games played all over the World as opposed to home and away.

They'd probably go down the road of having cities bid to host a "home" game for a team, trying to generate far more than a traditional full stadium would.

That’s a scary thought. Really hope this plan fails.

I’m pretty certain it was Danny Fizsman sold the club down the river as you say to Kronke .... David Dein was more in the Usmanov corner if I remember correctly

Didn’t Usmanov try to buy Kronke out too?
    Must have been pretty clear to him what Kronke was like in his business dealings when after the refusal he departed entirely for Everton.

So Arsenal or Barca or whoever wants to sign a Brazilian player from a Non-Super League club. If this kid wants to play for Brazil as most (if not all kids) over there dream of, there is no way on earth he is going to risk the move.

This is a disastrous move by the so-called elite clubs and there may be no way back for some, if not all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

I can honestly say if Arsenal go into this, the club is dead and I’d have too much dislike to support them. It’s a complete end to sport.

Every other fan of the other 5 should feel the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Utd are to make an announcement at 9pm this evening. I wonder will Arsenal too!

This'll be the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of me supporting this club.

Yep. Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It’s just staggering greed, that said, if it is going ahead, I’d prefer that Arsenal were inside rather than on the outside looking in. I know very little about this so am not sure, but if it goes ahead and we don’t go in, we’ll just fall further behind. I’ve a lot to think about it appears!!!

So will this bollox mean an end to Arsenal playing on Saturday afternoon?

Or will we have Arsenal getting stuffed in Barcelona while West Ham are playing Everton to become champions of England?

emmetlego wrote: »
    It’s just staggering greed, that said, if it is going ahead, I’d prefer that Arsenal were inside rather than on the outside looking in. I know very little about this so am not sure, but if it goes ahead and we don’t go in, we’ll just fall further behind. I’ve a lot to think about it appears!!!

I would definitely prefer to be in the title race with the other 14 Premier League teams every week than be pricking around with this nonsense.

Absolute shi*housery from all involved and if it goes ahead it can certainly do so without me ever watching as much as a single game in it.

It must be the first time in a long time everyone on this thread is in agreement on someting which is noteworthy in itself!

Absolute shi*housery from all involved and if it goes ahead it can certainly do so without me ever watching as much as a single game in it.

It must be the first time in a long time everyone on this thread is in agreement on someting which is noteworthy in itself!

Anyone that says the y won't watch this I'm afraid to say is lying. All the good games that will be on will def be worth watching.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Anyone that says the y won't watch this I'm afraid to say is lying. All the good games that will be on will def be worth watching.

I 100% am not lying nor is it a knee jerk reaction, the entire concept is disguisting and I most certainly will not support a club that participates in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

The money clubs can make from this will dwarf what they make in Prem and Europe combined and that's what this is all about. TV companies will queue up for the rights and sponsors too. And in sure today won't have much difficulty persuading players to forego international success for massive contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

To the people saying "these super league clubs won't be able to sign players because the players will then be banned from playing for their international teams", watch this space.

The money these clubs will make from this will be outrageous, give it just a few short years and these super league players will be on €1m + per week wages. Watch how quickly players turn their backs on their national teams for a bite of that cherry.

Didn’t Usmanov try to buy Kronke out too?
    Must have been pretty clear to him what Kronke was like in his business dealings when after the refusal he departed entirely for Everton.

He did

I wouldn't follow it as closely. And I think pre-covid fan engagement was down. The obvious expectation during Covid with a load more games on TV would be an increase in fan engagement which doesn't appear to me to have happened.
    What kind of crowds would Arsenal and Spurs be getting right now? Arsenal 18 months ago were already getting away from selling out every match.
    To the people saying "these super league clubs won't be able to sign players because the players will then be banned from playing for their international teams", watch this space.

The money these clubs will make from this will be outrageous, give it just a few short years and these super league players will be on €1m + per week wages. Watch how quickly players turn their backs on their national teams for a bite of that cherry.
    We'll see. You have to also consider where money comes from for players. Image rights, social media, sponsorships, endorsements. Nike sign an exclusive contract with the new league then Adidas will likely have access to every other player. Some clubs may ban certain endorsements. Leagues may ban some brands altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im finding it hard to motivate myself to watch Arsenal these days as it is. I don't really watch any other games anymore, the sport is a hard watch nowadays as it is. If Arsenal sell out to this proposed sh1tshow then I certainly won't be as interested or trying to find the time to tune in

I would definitely prefer to be in the title race with the other 14 Premier League teams every week than be pricking around with this nonsense.

Give it time the name will change to something ‘The Arsenal Rapids’ stupid, games will get moved at times of the season to places like Asia,

Make no mistakes about it, this will end bad for Arsenal FC

You think Arsenal fans will pay to watch their club get play a bunch of teams who are way better than them every single week? You don't think interest will wane very quickly?

I 100% am not lying nor is it a knee jerk reaction, the entire concept is disguisting and I most certainly will not support a club that participates in it.

That's fair enough but im not going to stop supporting Arsenal because of it.

Your wrong, 200% wrong. What is sporting about this, watching the same 12 teams play each other week on week year on year with only one winner, cups with the same 12, supporting millionaires making more millions

100% not for me and it’ll rip the sole out of the club.

That's fair enough but im not going to stop supporting Arsenal because of it.

It won’t be Arsenal any more it really won’t

Only way it works and stays as Arsenal is if they stay in the PL and this runs to the side.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    It won’t be Arsenal any more it really won’t

Only way it works and stays as Arsenal is if they stay in the PL and this runs to the side.

My understanding is that this is a midweek competition that runs alongside the premier League and replaces the champions League.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement