Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can I borrow your dog Hunky?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I think someone has backed Leno to have the most touches in the game

Arteta himself probably

El Sueño wrote: »
    Burnley are dreadful so we should be aiming to win by a few here

Same amount of losses as us. :o

Still expecting to win this one but ugh, no enjoyment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Like a pre season friendly.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Does Willian not know how to use his left foot? Has played 5 passes woth the outside of his right foot that went to a Burnley player

Playing from the back just isn’t working
    Willian and bellerin are like headless chickens
    Xhaka and tierney are working much better

Mertesacker isn’t even watching the game he’s busy on the phone

I suppose we should be grateful he graced us with his presence and is not at a volleyball game over in Germany or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Why the **** does willian get on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Bellerin and Willian down the one side, what could possibly go wrong you ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Are we in a relegation battle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Jesus Willian is some waste of a space

Martinelli when

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Does Willian not know how to use his left foot? Has played 5 passes woth the outside of his right foot that went to a Burnley player

Thinks he’s Rosicky or something. What I’d do to have him out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Bellerin and Willian down the one side, what could possibly go wrong you ask!

I'm nearly expecting Willian to assist a Bellerin OG at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Playing from the back just isn’t working
    Willian and bellerin are like headless chickens
    Xhaka and tierney are working much better

Mertesacker isn’t even watching the game he’s busy on the phone

Xhaka dropping into the back 3 on the left works it gives Tierney and Saka the ability to push on. They are our only attacking option.

The right hand side is fcuked, Holding plays too many **** passes and Bellerin is awful, to be fair to Willian when he is on the ball Bellerin offers him nothing like what Tierney offers Saka.

Arteta is in serous **** if he gets no reaction at half time. Auba is playing like he’s just not happy at all

Germany is in lockdown, much like our strikers for the league games

Lol, id forgotten. Only thing stopping him id say. Tbh when the scouts at the club are more interested in their phone it paints a worrying picture.

Well there’s been no improvement lads. Arteta has to make early changes imo.
    We’re not getting what he promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Watched this first half and my god we have nothing from midfield. They can't pass froward and seeing laca play as number 10 makes me wanna kill myself. Couldn't pass through a barn door

Lol, id forgotten. Only thing stopping him id say. Tbh when the scouts at the club are more interested in their phone it paints a worrying picture.

He might be tweeting Saliba.

You can’t excuse Laca the two misses either, fluffing his lines is a constant now, he mis-hits more than he hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

He might be tweeting Saliba.

On the subject of centre-backs, our best chances have come from them. The Republic of Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

It’s sure looking that way

Yeah, we are heading that way. Arteta not capable of getting us out of the slide either.

Lacazette and Willian are going to get Arteta sacked. They are diabolical in this system/setup.

One stat from the first half - "Lacazette has not yet completed a pass to Aubameyang." haha, for fuck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is it a big leap to say Arteta has lost the players?
    Theres 2 scenarios, either the players have all of a sudden gone to sh1t, cant cross, cant shoot and cant pass. Or else they're not doing it for the manager. Auba doesn't look like the 1st cousin of a player capable of scoring which is amazing.
    Either they don't have it in them to spark a reaction or else they simply arent trying very hard for Arteta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

wonga77 wrote: »
    Theres 2 scenarios, either the players have all of a sudden gone to sh1t, cant cross, cant shoot and cant pass. Or else they're not doing it for the manager. Auba doesn't look like the 1st cousin of a player capable of scoring which is amazing.
    Either they don't have it in them to spark a reaction or else they simply arent trying very hard for Arteta?

I know what I think...yes, he's lost them. Lost them a while back.

• Advertisement

Said the same a few weeks ago.
    Something wrong when the entire team turns to playing rubbish.

We could do worse than throw in Balogun and Azeez at this stage. Crying out for creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If that's the case I'd gladly see Arteta play the U23s than let the players run the club.

That's kind of bullshìt really fūcking annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'm thinking there could be some truth to this. I saw someone say that the fall off in our form coincided with the 25 man squad being named. Maybe the players weren't too happy with their pals being left out.

Also, would it kill the club to go out and buy a quieter pump FFS

• Advertisement

El Sueño wrote: »
    I'm thinking there could be some truth to this. I saw someone say that the fall off in our form coincided with the 25 man squad being named. Maybe the players weren't too happy with their pals being left out.

I reckon dropping Ozil was the start of Artetas problems, at the end of the day most of the players are all good friends.

Quazzie wrote: »

Jaysus. I’ve been trying to tune my tv for ages now.

Arteta hasn't lost the players. They're trying here. There's just too many of them on the pitch who are rubbish, lacking confidence or brutally out of form. Some are all three.

The modern day Vuvuzela :D

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Instead of passing to a clearly offside player, have a shot or something....anything but that.

Jaysus. I’ve been trying to tune my tv for ages now.
    It's genuinely giving me a headache. :mad:

x PyRo wrote: »
    Arteta hasn't lost the players. They're trying here. There's just too many of them on the pitch who are rubbish, lacking confidence or brutally out of form. Some are all three.

I dunno, there's clearly a handful making no shape whatsoever and more annoyingly they are being picked every week regardless of how they are playing

There's something so wrong about Aubameyang cross into Tierney in a CF position. The total opposite of what should be happening.

That's it, Tierney. You show our good-for-nothing attackers what you're supposed to do when you get the ball in the box.

Bit more promising start to this half, at least we've worked the keeper a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

I dunno, there's clearly a handful making no shape whatsoever and more annoyingly they are being picked every week regardless of how they are playing

The non-negotiables were actually the players who would start no matter what

Cmon Auba let a few more shots off

Keep on attacking lads we're hitting the target atleast

Tierney is a great bit of stuff, pity we don't have a player like him on the other side

Lacazette in the opposition D. The ball comes across low and hard, straight to him and he's unmarked.

He does a step over. What a cabbage.

There's something so wrong about Aubameyang cross into Tierney in a CF position. The total opposite of what should be happening.

I think he was aiming for Laca that time.

Xhaka carded, could be in trouble here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If that's the case I'd gladly see Arteta play the U23s than let the players run the club.

That's kind of bullshìt really fūcking annoys me.

Yeah, i was thinking this earlier.

When they stopped playing for Emery, I blamed Emery. But now they've done the same thing for Arteta, so they can all get out. I'd rather see the Europa league team battling relegation than this bunch of entitled buffoons thinking they're way better than they are.

Xhaka should be fcuked out for that absolute stupidity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Our players are retarded

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement