Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why are we so slow to make changes?
    If it’s not working now, it won’t on 70 mins so why wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arteta needs to start making changes asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think var would be so much better for offsides if they just used feet as the defining metric. This sh1te of using a nose or an elbow is too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

How is delph allowed play with those socks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FixitFelix wrote: »

Was going to post that.

At that level I would expect players to have their colours right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If my experience of Sunday League football is anything to go by its a yellow cards offense.

I hope partey is getting these bad long range shots out of the way for the EL final.

Quazzie wrote: »
    If my experience of Sunday League football is anything to go by its a yellow cards offense.

100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hard to believe Balagun is any use when he isn't even considered for dead rubbers like this

Not sure I've ever seen an Arsenal player as bad at shooting as Partey

Any wonder people hate referees? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Arsenal playing like it's a dead rubber, which it pretty much is to them in fairness.

He was booked anyway.

I would now give him another yellow for the socks based on your experience :)

100%

Should be sent off so with the yellow he already has. :D

74 minutes before changes, come on like.

Should be sent off so with the yellow he already has. :D

Nah wait til Everton score then call it back for the socks :P

Pepe off before Nketiah?

Odegaard and Martinelli on. Let's do this! COYG

Leno own goal

Jesus Christ

Ouch, that's an Almunia / Fabianski-esque moment.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

'Member when we sold the best goalie in the league to Aston Villa.

Well the inevitable has happened! Bloody hell Leno!

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Leno is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

**** off Leno!

Stop ****ing shooting Partey!!

Xhaka blasts a ball across the pitch and gives it away. Luckily the ball broke back for us.
    Long ball by Everton, Xhaka shrugged off like the nothing he is. Then he gets back and jumps in like a fool and is beaten.
    Then we have the lesser-spotted goalkeeper own goal from another no-mark.

Fairly typical. Just as I was enjoying a bit of craic in the thread. :P

I'm not sure which is cringier. Leno f*cking that basic thing up, or Ricarlison samba dancing to an empty stand after an OG.

How many goals do we hand to our opposition via errors in a season? Must be a scary number.

I'm not sure which is cringier. Leno f*cking that basic thing up, or Ricarlison samba dancing to an empty stand after an OG.

One of the bigger **** in the league

• Advertisement

Who's your ideal man to bring on when you're chasing a goal? That's right, Willian. (hope this reverse jinx works).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

We don’t do keepers and haven’t done since mad Jens and arguably not since big Dave.

omega man wrote: »
    We don’t do keepers and haven’t done since mad Jens and arguably not since big Dave.

Jens had a fair few mistakes. One of the things I used to hate about Big Dave was if a player ran direct towards him in goal, and blasted the ball at his head, Seaman used to fall back out of the way matrix style.

I really struggle to see how anybody can watch this team on a regular basis and think Arteta is a good coach

No movement up front at all. No runs into space. Everyone standing watching the player with the ball. Lazy useless football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

AdamD wrote: »
    I really struggle to see how anybody can watch this team on a regular basis and think Arteta is a good coach

He is mid table mediocrity standard and thats where he's taken us.

• Advertisement

Who's your ideal man to bring on when you're chasing a goal? That's right, Willian. (hope this reverse jinx works).

Martinelli

Azatadine wrote: »
    He is mid table mediocrity standard and thats where he's taken us.

We was already there under Emery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Another game, another chance to blame a player or say we were in control completely until the mistake. Another game with another excuse. A 13th loss in the league. At what point do you stop taking the excuses and place the blame?

Team selection tonight, your missing Laca and Auba, you look around and you see Martinelli and Eddie, do a vote it’s 99% start Martinelli, Arteta goes Eddie. You take Xhaka out of midfield to play left back and you become weaker in two positions instead of one. It’s not the first odd selection, it’s constant, like our CBs 2 get a game for 2/3 games then kicked out and another 2 brought in.

With all the bollox going on Arteta will survive another ****e performance with of field distraction taking over.

Arteta’s performance is worse than Emery, Rioch and Stewart Houston but the hipsters tell ya to stick with him he’s a coach of the future.

The Kroenke’s are sucking this club but that not excuse for Arteta, there is a hell of a lot more in this squad than he can get out of it, he shouldn’t win the league but top 6 should be comfortable

Thank duck it’s Friday can ignore the club for a bit

Nkethia is finished at Arsenal I’d say. Offers zilch.

Our midfield is disgraceful lads

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Tonights lost points is down to a player making a big error.

As pointed out earlier, we must have the most of these type of errors that cost us points. Arteta can't be blamed for that. When we have our players, turn up, play to a basic level, and then we lose, then we can fully and justifiably question Arteta. Of the offside wasn't given by VAR, and Pepe scores the penalty, and then Leno catches a very basic cross, we wouldn't be here saying Arteta got it spot on. So we also shouldn't be blaming him when the opposite happens.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Another game, another chance to blame a player or say we were in control completely until the mistake. Another game with another excuse. A 13th loss in the league. At what point do you stop taking the excuses and place the blame?

Team selection tonight, your missing Laca and Auba, you look around and you see Martinelli and Eddie, do a vote it’s 99% start Martinelli, Arteta goes Eddie. You take Xhaka out of midfield to play left back and you become weaker in two positions instead of one. It’s not the first odd selection, it’s constant, like our CBs 2 get a game for 2/3 games then kicked out and another 2 brought in.

With all the bollox going on Arteta will survive another ****e performance with of field distraction taking over.

Arteta’s performance is worse than Emery, Rioch and Stewart Houston but the hipsters tell ya to stick with him he’s a coach of the future.

The Kroenke’s and sucking this club but that not excuse for Arteta, there is a hell of a lot more in this squad than he can get out of it, he shouldn’t win the league but top 6 should be comfortable

Thank duck it’s Friday can ignore the club for a bit

Emery was **** too

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nkethia is finished at Arsenal I’d say. Offers zilch.

Thought he played well in the first half but anonymous in the second before he went off. Will be sold in the summer surely.

As pointed out earlier, we must have the most of these type of errors that cost us points. Arteta can't be blamed for that. When we have our players, turn up, play to a basic level, and then we lose, then we can fully and justifiably question Arteta. Of the offside wasn't given by VAR, and Pepe scores the penalty, and then Leno catches a very basic cross, we wouldn't be here saying Arteta got it spot on. So we also shouldn't be blaming him when the opposite happens.

Well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Emery was **** too

Too?

Emery was **** too

He performed better than Arteta and agreed he was poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The table indicates, after most of the season played, that we will end up in somewhere between 11th and 9th. Lots in here saying they'd judge him at the end of the season......

Just look at our position.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

First home defeat to Everton since 96. Progress.

I finished Wenger's book the other night. At the end in the appendices there's the league tables for each of his seasons with Arsenal.

Scary how similar our league performance this year is to that of Spurs in the late 90's / early 00's. That's basically what we are right now.

One day you’ll wake up Quazzi your relentless in your defense of Arteta, it has no substance but each to there own

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement