Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

emmetlego wrote: »
    Your negativity is really quite depressing.

Realism I call it. I've been right a lot more than I've been wrong the last few years unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Regardless of how you name it, it's bloody depressing. I've no idea why you still have a desire to follow Arsenal if it does that to you, and the way you express it here is quite sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good stuff. We've seen sparkling talents end up at Bournemouth and be let go on a free to Italy. They also were playing at a higher level and scoring League goals at an earlier age.

If Smith-Rowe was 24 I doubt many would think he had much of a future at the club. He's played well and the level of praise for him is mostly down to hope than anything else. I've lost all hope with Arsenal at this stage.

I'd never have guessed 😂

Good stuff. We've seen sparkling talents end up at Bournemouth and be let go on a free to Italy. They also were playing at a higher level and scoring League goals at an earlier age.

If Smith-Rowe was 24 I doubt many would think he had much of a future at the club. He's played well and the level of praise for him is mostly down to hope than anything else. I've lost all hope with Arsenal at this stage.

You lost all hope years ago.

I still don't believe you actually support Arsenal. I don't believe you watch a match hoping for a win. After a good game you are nowhere to be seen, after a bad game you will be on thread within hours.

You're being dishonest when you say, "at this stage".

I am being quite open and no longer supporting them.

You lost all hope years ago.
    If you say so.
    I still don't believe you actually support Arsenal. I don't believe you watch a match hoping for a win. After a good game you are nowhere to be seen, after a bad game you will be on thread within hours.
    I don't believe you're not a chihuahua on a 3d-printed system hooked up to a treadmill but there we are.
    As for "dishonesty" in the next quote, have a look at my posting history if you like. I post after just about all matches, discussions tend to move a lot more quickly after a **** result. If you're arsed doing the research I'll bet you anything that the difference in my post rate between good and bad results is barely if any different to anyone else. Actually no, a couple of the other posters who like to tell me I'm a liar seem to have stopped posting after losses. And after telling me I'm not a fan because I couldn't watch a match. Funny that.
    You're being dishonest when you say, "at this stage".
    I was hopeful when Aubameyang came. I was hopeful when Wenger left. I was a little hopeful under Emery at times. Any hope of ambition being shown was gone when we put a no-mark in charge of a bunch of no-marks.
    I am being quite open and no longer supporting them.
    Good to see you're putting the extra time you have towards practicing ESP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Watched some of last night's and most of tonights 1st legs. This is how you play football. We look like we are trying to play a similar way to City at times, but the difference in personnel is seismic!

I'd rather spend the evening looking out the window than watching any of those four club/marketing projects to be honest.

It's funny the whole sporting world (rightly) erupted at the thoughts of a super league largely because of it's effects on the competitive nature of football. Meanwhile, if Chelsea win the FA cup this year, 10 of the last 12 domestic trophies will have been "won" by petrodollar clubs.

Liverpool's league and our FA Cup are the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Although it didn't work our for him with Arsenal, he is a bit of a class act in terms of personality.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/n0si6d/emery_i_know_that_is_very_difficult_but_at/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What about tonight’s match.
    An away score draw would be great I feel, a win even better.
    A repeat of our last away match in this against Slavia Prague would be great.
    Hit them from the start all guns blazing hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Massive game. Regardless of this season or the sh!te in the past couple weeks. For Arsenal football club we need these players to pull the finger out tonight and next week. They all want to play in the Champions League, the motivation should be no issue.
    Play as well as they should and we win.
    I hope we can get 2 away goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

My personal line up.
    Ryan (sick of Leno, just sick to death of his errors)
    Bellerin Mari Gab Tierney (if not fit then Cedric)
    Partey Granit
    Saka odegaard Smith Rowe
    Lacca/Martinelli

I also don't care that the two center backs are left legged..they are the best two

• Advertisement

I would also play Mari. He’s our best CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mad as it sounds after the past few weeks, I'm quite excited about today.

I mean, I can't help feeling we're going to turn up tonight as take care of business nicely. (Aren't we miles better away from home recently?)

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Jaysus I’m nervous. It’s our biggest game since Baku and feels like it’ll have a huge impact on us moving forward. COYG!!!!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    90 minute has said arsenal are going for max aarons whos valued at £30m
    fabrizio Romano said bellerin will be off loaded and replaced and if luiz doesnt stay a new cb will be brought in

If we don't start next season with Gab and Saliba partnership then it was all a waste of money on center Half's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    If we don't start next season with Gab and Saliba partnership then it was all a waste of money on center Half's

Yeah I don’t understand that too, why do we need to sign a new centre back if Luiz goes? Surely with limited funds (and major needs in the squad) Gabriel, Mari, Holding, Saliba and Chambers are more than enough Centre halves to go into a season with? Spend the funds on other areas of the pitch instead of wasting anymore funds in centre backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yeah I don’t understand that too, why do we need to sign a new centre back if Luiz goes? Surely with limited funds (and major needs in the squad) Gabriel, Mari, Holding, Saliba and Chambers are more than enough Centre halves to go into a season with? Spend the funds on other areas of the pitch instead of wasting anymore funds in centre backs.

Mavropanos having a great season too at Stuttgart, and made his Greece debut last month, though he might want out this summer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

cashback wrote: »
    Mavropanos having a great season too at Stuttgart, and made his Greece debut last month, though he might want out this summer apparently.

Good shout, actually forgot about him. Yeah with 6/7 centre backs at the club one or two more may actually have to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

We can't keep relying on 34 year old David Luiz. Was in favour of him getting the contract extension last year but I think another one is a bad idea.

Time to try make the Saliba signing work instead and wave bye bye to Luiz in the summer imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

​Arsenal XI: Leno, Chambers, Holding, Mari, Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos, Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Xhaka, Pepe

Looks like Pepe up front, Aubameyang on the bench. No Lacazette

Subs: Ryan, Okonkwo, Bellerin, Gabriel, Cedric, Luiz, Nelson, Elneny, Nketiah, Martinelli, Willian, Aubameyang.

Wow. That is a long long way from our best 11. Hopefully the boys can still do the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm worried about our slow full backs.
    Enough there to win for sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Nice to see Odegaard back! I reckon we'll do them. COYG

Have to hope that team selection doesn't backfire. Looks like a packed midfield and not a whole lot else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Jaysus I’m nervous. It’s our biggest game since Baku and feels like it’ll have a huge impact on us moving forward. COYG!!!!

I'm quite downbeat about the game. I hope we turn up and do it though. Fingers crossed

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Pepe up top is interesting. Could have a field day against this lot or do Pepe things and non-exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Strange looking lineup. Hopefully it clicks on the night. Huge game, cmon lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

​Arsenal XI: Leno, Chambers, Holding, Mari, Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos, Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Xhaka, Pepe

Looks like Pepe up front, Aubameyang on the bench. No Lacazette

Subs: Ryan, Okonkwo, Bellerin, Gabriel, Cedric, Luiz, Nelson, Elneny, Nketiah, Martinelli, Willian, Aubameyang.

Xhaka that good he's playing in two positions?

Not sure about Pepe up front. He’s far too hit and miss.
    Now would be a good time for him to shine though.

Flashscore seem to be struggling with the line-up/formation.

551790.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

I think Pepe will enjoy running at this team, cause them all kinds of problems.

Very very strange team selection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

COYG. Let's do this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dani Ceballos there having a laugh with Dani Parejo and Raul Albiol in the tunnel.

Grim mentality ahead of his most important match this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is laca injured or sick ?

Did a hamstring a couple of matches back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Well that was quicker than i expected ffs. First fcuking attack

Get a chance, score a goal. If only we were so clinical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

We're a bit unlucky there I think.

Having said that I can already see this is gonna be a tough night for Xhaka.

Xhaka at left back, Leno in goal. What else could ya expect?

• Advertisement

Was wondering which Arsenal would play tonight, looks like it's the Fulham/Everton one and not the Slavia Prague one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Not surprised to see Ceballos involved again. Should be nowhere near the club never mind the first team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Was wondering which Arsenal would play tonight, looks like it's the Fulham/Everton one and not the Slavia Prague one.

You judged that based on 5min of the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

5mins in and wow

Xhaka at left back, Leno in goal. What else could ya expect?

I don't get the leno hate at all. Martinez has made far more individual errors this season for villa if that's what you're insinuating.

Already resorting to passing between our defenders. With no idea how to get past the halfway line.

You judged that based on 5min of the game!

Tongue in cheek. Relax.

Thank **** I decided not to watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not surprised to see Ceballos involved again. Should be nowhere near the club never mind the first team

Whatever about the league, he's almost single-handedly knocked us out of Europe 2 or 3 times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

at least if we get knocked out and have no european footie next year, the price of the club will surely drop to a price Daniel can afford. swings and roundabouts :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement